Karen smiles at me. Motioning for me to sit, I shake my head. "I'm going to buy my lunch... see you in a bit?" She nods silently, her eyes twisting to the right, which was behind me. I turn, but only for a second, and don't see anything.

I make my way through the crowd of students to the little kitchen where they served the food. My eyes survey the selections, hesitantly grabbing a salad. I grab a fruit bowl with the most mango slices and grapes, then plop it all down onto a tray.

While the lunch lady enters in my money and what I've bought, I inspect the room once more. The fluorescent lights up ahead glow brightly, but one in the corner flickers irritatingly. Silver tables hold the food, and a green condiments bar was in the center of the room. At the end of the tables, freezers wait, the icy walls holding an assortments of caffeine-free sodas, 100% fruit juice, clear bottles of cool water and three different flavors of milk, each in its own individual carton. After a moment of pause, I choose a water. 

My money has been inserted into the machine, my food all accounted for. I scan the cafeteria, looking for my two sisters. But unfortunately, Karen caught me again.

"Hey, Alice," she says. "Are you still sitting with us?"

"I guess," I mutter, and let her lead me away, following like a small child, young, clueless and apprehensive.

She drags me to a table in the center of the room. I feel exposed to prying eyes, curious about the new girl, but I reluctantly sit.

A fit boy with dirty blonde hair and a straight smile approaches me from the other side of the table. "Hey, I'm Brad. What's your name?"

"Alice." I say simply, stabbing a few pieces of lettuce drenched in ranch with my plastic fork.

"Hey, Alice. What class do you have next?"

I bring up a mental image of my schedule in my mind, which I'd somehow memorized before the school day started. I remember going through English, Geography, French, and one other class. I had Calculus next. That's what I told Brad.

"Darn it, you're too smart for me. But whatever."

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love it!!!
Love ut lol now I get it, Alice sees Jasper for the first time and they fall hopelessly in love awww
Really good. But I will again say it. Alice and Jasper not Alice and brad silly goose! Lol but it's really good id love if I could be in it! As Edwards biological twin sister who's a vampire. With Seth. Plz. :) thx hun
Really good. But I will again say it. Alice and Jasper not Alice and brad silly goose! Lol but it's really good id love if I could be in it! As Edwards biological twin sister who's a vampire. With Seth. Plz. :) thx hun

I know, Alice is with Jasper, and btw this is not a story in/before/after Twilight, it's my own little book, I guess (This wasn't a complete part, but I didn't have time to finish so...), but I do have a Twilight FF which I'll post on here when I've gone through it.

Omg I love it!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...