did u think bella lead edward and jacob on in eclipse!!!

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ya i do
Bella is a master manipulator(Not Jacob as I originally thought). She leads Jacob on like a little puppy(no pun intended lol) when she knows shes going to choose Edward in the end. And she dangles her So-called "friendship" with Jacob in front of Edwards face. It's cruel!!! And let's be honest. We all know its not JUST a friendship.In reality,it's an emotional affair.There are more ways to cheat than just physically.If you think about it,an emotional affair is worse. Atleast there is no REAL love behind a physical affair.There are those of you out there that would disagree that it is an emotional affair.My question to those people is-when does it go from a simple friendship to emotional infidelity?Where is the line drawn?if what Bella does with Jacob is not being emotionally unfaithful to Edward,then what is??I know she was emotionally vulnerable when Edward left and was looking for a shoulder to cry on.But, that doesnt give her the right to push the boundaries of her relationship with Jacob.I find it very interesting when women complain about how they are portrayed as weak and vulnerable in movies,books etc.Yet when something like this happens,they use that same vulnerability as an excuse for their actions. In this case,Bella uses her vulnerability as an excuse for what she is doing to Edward,Jacob,her friends and her family--Ironic isnt it????(now,I am not talking about ALL women. I don't want to receive threatening emails lol.But,lets face it,some women do that)Bella manipulates him by asking him to fix the bikes.(I say "manipulates" because she knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she asked him to do it. She knew he was looking for any opportunity he could to spend time with her in order to get her to love him and she used that to her advantage.Even though she had no intention of returning those feelings. That is calculated, pre-meditated manipulation)This only fuels his ego and his determination to get her to fall in love with him.And YET,she wants him to quit trying to win her over!! I mean make up your friggin mind, Bella!! 

Not to mention all the other people she manipulates to get her way-The Cullens and The Blacks. And she just keeps her mom,Charlie and her friends in the dark altogether. True,she is trying to keep them safe by hiding everything from them.But that's not her only reason. She also knows that if Charlie and Rene knew about what was going on, they would do everything in their parental rights (and maybe even BEYOND their parental rights)to keep her safe and as far away from that hostile and dangerous environment as possible.(Which should have probably happend to begin with.But I understand that there would have been no Twilight Saga if that did happen)

Also,Unlike other vampire stories in which the vampire is trying to corrupt the human, BELLA is trying to corrupt Edward by making him go against his morals and values and everything the Cullens stand for by seducing him into sleeping with her before marriage and turn her into a vampire.(These are the very values that prove to Bella that Edward still has a soul and she is asking him to just go against them. She even admits to doing this at one point in the story. But this does not stop her from doing it)
I hope this doesnt create enemies for me here on Twifans.If I offended any of the ladies here,I apologize

As a female and someone who is a lot like Bella, or was, I am not about to debate over her...but will say Bella was the most human part of this story. Very young, confused and very much 17. She made plently of mistakes along to way to happiness and was far from perfect. Yes, she used Jacob fully knowing she could not love him like Edward, but at the time she was left wtih no choice. She kind of made things up as she went. But to me Bella was always honest. She told Jacob all along who she was, who she wanted to be with and what she wanted in her life.

Jacob was the master of manipulation. Disregarding her choices the entire time.

Yes, she was flakey as hell and hurt both Jacob and Edward along the way, but in the end she was the one who was right all along. Jacob knew he was the one for her, he was wrong. Edward did not want her to become a vampire, when it was her destiny all along.

So in the end I am Team Bella. Because I recall going though some of the same situations, but not being a bad person. Just being young.

fair enough

Dana said:

As a female and someone who is a lot like Bella, or was, I am not about to debate over her...but will say Bella was the most human part of this story. Very young, confused and very much 17. She made plently of mistakes along to way to happiness and was far from perfect. Yes, she used Jacob fully knowing she could not love him like Edward, but at the time she was left wtih no choice. She kind of made things up as she went. But to me Bella was always honest. She told Jacob all along who she was, who she wanted to be with and what she wanted in her life.

Yes, she was flakey as hell and hurt both Jacob and Edward along the way, but in the end she was the one who was right all along. Jacob knew he was the one for her, he was wrong. Edward did not want her to become a vampire, when it was her destiny all along.

So in the end I am Team Bella. Because I recall going though some of the same situations, but not being a bad person. Just being young.

I still stand behind what I saidI find it very interesting when women complain about how they are portrayed as weak and vulnerable in movies,books etc.Yet when something like this happens,they use that same vulnerability as an excuse for their actions. In this case,Bella uses her vulnerability as an excuse for what she is doing to Edward,Jacob,her friends and her family--Ironic isnt it????Im sorry if that upsets you.As I said,not ALL women do that.But Bella certainly does.(

Dana said:

In this book of so-called "monsters"(after all,thats what vampires and werewolves are catagorized as in most stories) Bella is the most monstrous of all-
"Monsters" by definition don't have morals or values.Thats what makes them monsters. So,if you ask me,Bella fits into that catagory more than the Blacks and the Cullens combined.And when I say that,I am refering to this-"Unlike other vampire stories in which the vampire is trying to corrupt the human, BELLA is trying to corrupt Edward by making him go against his morals and values and everything the Cullens stand for by seducing him into sleeping with her before marriage and turn her into a vampire.(These are the very values that prove to Bella that Edward still has a soul and she is asking him to just go against them. )" To me,that sounds more monstrous than anything the werewolves/shapshifters or the Cullens do

Dana said:

Well to me there are not true "monsters" in this story. The three main characters were all good people inside, messed up people, but none of them were evil or monsters. They all wanted to be better than who they were and they all fought for who they loved.
All I am saying is that--based on their actions-Bella could be better catagorized as a monster since,neither Edward or Jacob want her to make the daming choice of becoming a vampire.They know the consequences of the choice shes makings.She,on the other hand,couldnt care less

The difference is Jacob wanted Bella because it's what he wanted, he did not want her to be a vampire because he wanted to be with Bella. Her choice and true feelings meant nada to him. Outside of himself Jacob could not see a life or path for anyone else. It went from Bella to Renesmee. He forced himself on both. I know some will say imprinting was not his choice, but before and after imprinting Jacob only cared about what would make Jacob happy. 

It's what she wanted, she wanted to be a vampire, so right or wrong, it was her own choice. Her life. It being a fantasy, her becoming a vampire did not bother me in the least. Because in this story being a vampire was not a bad thing. It was made out to be by the werewolves.

The whole point was, even if you disagree with it, Bella chose her path. Some hated her for it. But she did not have to live her life for them. As a woman, I can totally respect her for that.

Edward did not want her to change, but at least respected her choice. As far as this fantasy goes, well everything worked out for Bella. She got her baby she was willing to die for, her family, her friend and her love. And this being fiction, I try and not combine it with reality. I have enough of that in  my life. lol

"everything worked out for Bella. She got her baby she was willing to die for, her family, her friend and her love"-there you go,you said it yourself. Bella got EVERYTHING she wanted. Even if it went against what everyone knew was best for her. She wanted what she wanted regardless of the consequences or what everyone knew was best for her--that shows alot of selfishness on her part.As for Edward respecting her choice--thats what he SAID.But if he was really planning on doing it,he would have done it a LONG time ago.It was only when he was faced with the possibility of losing her,that he decided to turn her.Had that not been the case,I seriouslydont think he would have done it.

Dana said:

The difference is Jacob wanted Bella because it's what he wanted, he did not want her to be a vampire because he wanted to be with Bella. Her choice and true feelings meant nada to him. Outside of himself Jacob could not see a life or path for anyone else. It went from Bella to Renesmee. He forced himself on both. I know some will say imprinting was not his choice, but before and after imprinting Jacob only cared about what would make Jacob happy. 

It's what she wanted, she wanted to be a vampire, so right or wrong, it was her own choice. Her life. It being a fantasy, her becoming a vampire did not bother me in the least. Because in this story being a vampire was not a bad thing. It was made out to be by the werewolves.

The whole point was, even if you disagree with it, Bella chose her path. Some hated her for her. But she did not have to live her life for them. As a woman, I can totally respect her for that.

Edward did not want her to change, but at least respected her choice. As far as this fantasy goes, well everything worked out for Bella. She got her baby she was willing to die for, her family, her friend and her love. And this being fiction, I try and not combine it with reality. I have enough of that in  my life. lol

bella did not become a vampire to have everything she wanted. She had NO clue she could have the best of both worlds. She had no clue she could keep her family, her friends, ect... She was willing to give everything up to save her child's life. Remember, she "died" for Renesmee, not Edward, not her parents. She knew she was going to die. All she had to do was hold on until her baby was strong enough.

And YES I am happy Bella got her happy ending. I am happy the saga ended well. Happy she got her friendships, her love, her family and her baby. Because Bella was a good person and she very much deserved it. Bella is not a monster. She was human, then vampire, but always herself. I am glad no one had to die, and Bella did not have to suffer a deep lose to make her choice valid. She was more than willing to have it turn the opposite and deal with the consequences of her actions. So I could not care less that she got what she wanted. She deserved it.

Bella told Edward she was willing to marry him, if he changed her, soon after she told him she wanted to stay human. When she became pregnant she asked him to change her if she died in childbirth. He gave her her wish.

And what everyone thought was best for Bella was not what Bella wanted. She did not have to do what others thought was best for her, and no woman should.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...