Bella has a "shield" but Jasper can control her emotions?

hey dat lil question has been botherin me, jasper's power is mental so how is he able to affect bella? can any1 answer?

Views: 1532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It isn't metal its physical its not an illusion either so he actually makes you feel happy not happy in the head. Something like that xD
@jessica-No I cud of sworn she actually got upset wen jasper was controllin her emotions at 1 point but she cudnt snap outa it. I think it was in New Moon.
@ashleigh- emotions r mental lol. Deyr not physical
Well, Stephenie said this about that in the Personal Correspondance #10 that she had with the Twilight Lexicon:
"What Jasper does effects not the thoughts, but the body. He doesn’t make you THINK you are calm, he actually puts your body into a calmed state. Or angry, or whatever. It’s physical rather than mental."
If you think about it you can kind of see that in Twilight when they are in the hotel room. Yeah, she feels calm but her thoughts are still troubled and it feels weird to her that her body feels one way and her mind another --or I guess that's just how I saw it.
oooo ok i get it now thanx. Ashleigh is dat wat u were tryin to say? sry

Lulu said:
Well, Stephenie said this about that in the Personal Correspondance #10 that she had with the Twilight Lexicon:
"What Jasper does effects not the thoughts, but the body. He doesn’t make you THINK you are calm, he actually puts your body into a calmed state. Or angry, or whatever. It’s physical rather than mental."
If you think about it you can kind of see that in Twilight when they are in the hotel room. Yeah, she feels calm but her thoughts are still troubled and it feels weird to her that her body feels one way and her mind another --or I guess that's just how I saw it.
no, because in breaking dawn he tried to control her emotions, but couldnt get through her shield
his power isnt mental, he can just control emotions which is just changing moods on the outside. he can make a whole room feel at ease by making it feel safe. so its not in the mind. ill check the book just in case though and if im wrong, ill reply again and tell you.
she got angry because she didnt want him to mess with her emotions.

Tiffany Santiago said:
@jessica-No I cud of sworn she actually got upset wen jasper was controllin her emotions at 1 point but she cudnt snap outa it. I think it was in New Moon.
@ashleigh- emotions r mental lol. Deyr not physical
Because emotions are phisical her sheild is all mental
Somebody in the series already explained that point. I think it was Alice or Edward. Ok it's kinda like this: Edward or Aro can't acess Bella's mind cuz' their powers work mentally and Jasper's powers work emmotionally. So basically, Edward or Aro can only work from people's minds and that is where Bella's power resides, but Jasper's power is able to work with emmotions that come from the heart. So is power is not mental, it's emmotional. So that's why Bella's shield doesn't work with Jasper's power.
Emmotions are physical and her shield is mental.
i no this is nothing to do with the subject; but i have one question & im new to the whole website so i dont no how to start a new one or something (except i havnt really tried) but ANYWAY; alice can see into the future & if edward can read thoughs then surely he can see what the future is if he reads alices thoughts .. ? or can he not read vampires?
probably a stupid question but thanks anyway x

If it is specifically mental, how is she able to shield others such as Jane, Alec, and other powers with physical affects?

Emmelie Cullen Black said:

Somebody in the series already explained that point. I think it was Alice or Edward. Ok it's kinda like this: Edward or Aro can't acess Bella's mind cuz' their powers work mentally and Jasper's powers work emmotionally. So basically, Edward or Aro can only work from people's minds and that is where Bella's power resides, but Jasper's power is able to work with emmotions that come from the heart. So is power is not mental, it's emmotional. So that's why Bella's shield doesn't work with Jasper's power.
Emmotions are physical and her shield is mental.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...