Bella Theory: If You Believe in Past Lives, Or Even if you Don't...

I had a thought about how Bella is described in Twilight; how the vampire life and interactions are so comfortable for Bella, even more so than human life.

In the first few pages of Twilight she says "I didn't relate well to people my age. Maybe the truth was that I didn't relate well to people, period."

She is described as pale for a human, and can smell blood. She is uncomfortable around the attention she receives from Mike and company but dedicates herself to getting to know Edward, and instant attraction to NOT a human as she says she can't relate to, but A VAMPIRE!

Then much later the way she pretty much instantly adapts to the vampire life, she has instant control of her thirst, and learns to run, jump and hunt easily. Not to mention she has an unusual ability that she was already using long before being changed, while still human!

So here is the theory, it seems an awful lot here like she might have had some past life/experience as a vampire.  All of this seems almost too ironic.

I myself am not sure I believe in past lives but we're talking about a fictional character here created by someone whose beliefs we have no idea of(although SM has been accused of being Mormon because of Edward's no sex before marriage but that's stupid seeing as it wasn't just about his traditional background; he was also afraid of his strength but she could be too like I said no one knows).

Personally I prefer to just think that these were all signs that she was predestined to become a vampire, I believe Jasper even suggests it in BD, or someone does. But we can all think different things.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what you say has lots of merit for bella's character.......I beleive in past lives and reincarnation not just on this world..... many worlds out in our universe have life far more advanced spiritually and technology beyond our wildest dreams..and also worlds where the people still live in love and harmony with nature like the navi of pandora...the inspriation for this saga came from a dream and some of our dreams come to us from our higher selves that are connected to the universe in ways we don't always grasp or can't get our human minds around.......I also beleive that out there in the universe is a planet with vampires and humans not unlike our story where there is a edward and bella or was or will be....and yes they would tend to reincarnate on there own planet bella having been a vampire befor absolutly......I see you....be safe.....
J.E.B. (Jacob Edward Black) said:
what you say has lots of merit for bella's character.......I beleive in past lives and reincarnation not just on this world..... many worlds out in our universe have life far more advanced spiritually and technology beyond our wildest dreams..and also worlds where the people still live in love and harmony with nature like the navi of pandora...the inspriation for this saga came from a dream and some of our dreams come to us from our higher selves that are connected to the universe in ways we don't always grasp or can't get our human minds around.......I also beleive that out there in the universe is a planet with vampires and humans not unlike our story where there is a edward and bella or was or will be....and yes they would tend to reincarnate on there own planet bella having been a vampire befor absolutly......I see you....be safe.....

Thanks for the post, some very nice things you said here. I like the idea of a world where there really are Cullen like vampires. I wish I could get great dreams like Stephanie had for this story.
I don't necessarily think she was a vampire in a past life; I just think all the things you mentioned were like signs that she was meant to become a vampire, like that she was destined, born into it. I think at some point in one of the books someone even talks about--though perhaps vaguely--her being sort of predestined to become a vampire because of her traits. Or if not destined, seems like some people are at least better at adapting towards becoming one.
Christine E. Schulze said:
I don't necessarily think she was a vampire in a past life; I just think all the things you mentioned were like signs that she was meant to become a vampire, like that she was destined, born into it. I think at some point in one of the books someone even talks about--though perhaps vaguely--her being sort of predestined to become a vampire because of her traits. Or if not destined, seems like some people are at least better at adapting towards becoming one.

Yeah that does sound better to me, and didn't Jasper say that in BD?
i think since see-if u read the beggining rite- dreamt of a beautiful pale boy (edward) and then smells blood so she kind of wuz meant to b a vamp. thats my therie
This idea is something i've never considered before, but now that i've read through it, it all completely makes sense. As J.E.B. said, i also believe in another world not unlike the world of Bella and the Cullens. It's a difficult concept to grasp, but i utterly believe it. So i therefore think the idea that Bella was a vampire in a previous life is probable. I also had a similar idea about Jacob. I know that he is supposedly descended from wolves, but i did consider the fact that prehaps Jacob (and the other wolves) were actually wolves in a previous life. And then from being a wolf and going to a human, the two beings are merged. So this life is like half way, and in his next life he'll be fully human... you know? So this is his second life, and he's in the progress of moving from a wolf (from his previous life) to a human (his next life). I don't know if that makes sense.. let me know what you think :)
Nikki Law said:
This idea is something i've never considered before, but now that i've read through it, it all completely makes sense. As J.E.B. said, i also believe in another world not unlike the world of Bella and the Cullens. It's a difficult concept to grasp, but i utterly believe it. So i therefore think the idea that Bella was a vampire in a previous life is probable. I also had a similar idea about Jacob. I know that he is supposedly descended from wolves, but i did consider the fact that prehaps Jacob (and the other wolves) were actually wolves in a previous life. And then from being a wolf and going to a human, the two beings are merged. So this life is like half way, and in his next life he'll be fully human... you know? So this is his second life, and he's in the progress of moving from a wolf (from his previous life) to a human (his next life). I don't know if that makes sense.. let me know what you think :)

Hmm interesting take on the Jacob and the wolves thing; being a total Edward and Cullen person I often forget to think about Jacob.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...