At first,I was COMPLETELY anti-Jacob because of the manipulative way he tries to win Bellas heart.But,after careful analysis of the facts,I am Switzerland and have come to a new conclusion. Bella, whether she is diliberately trying to be or not, is the true temptress of the Twilight Saga. And Edward and Jacob are her primary victims.(I have decided to change charactorization of Bella from "Villain" to "Temptress" because there are some that think "Villain" is too Harsh. And I don't think ANYONE can deny that "Temptress" fits her perfectly)

Like all Temptress',Bella is a master manipulator(Not Jacob as I originally thought). She leads Jacob on like a little puppy(no pun intended lol) when she knows shes going to choose Edward in the end. And she dangles her So-called "friendship" with Jacob in front of Edwards face. It's cruel!!! And let's be honest. We all know its not JUST a friendship.In reality,it's an emotional affair.There are more ways to cheat than just physically.If you think about it,an emotional affair is worse. Atleast there is no REAL love behind a physical affair.There are those of you out there that would disagree with me on this.My question to those people is-when does it go from a simple friendship to emotional infidelity?Where is the line drawn?if what Bella does with Jacob is not being emotionally unfaithful to Edward,then what WOULD be??I know she was emotionally vulnerable when Edward left and was looking for a shoulder to cry on.But, that doesnt give her the right to push the boundaries of her casual friendship with Jacob as far as she does.Alot of women say "well,she was just an innocent,teenage girl in love. She can't help it."I find it extremely interesting when women complain about how they are portrayed as weak and vulnerable in movies,books etc.Yet, when something like this happens,they use that same vulnerability to justify their actions--How convenient!!! haha!(now,I am not talking about ALL women. I don't want to receive threatening emails lol.But,lets face it,some women will use being weak and vulnerable to excuse things they do or say. And Bella is the perfect example)She manipulates Jacob by asking him to fix the bikes.(I say "manipulates" because she knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she brought those bikes to him. Like he was going to say no? Yeah right. She knew he was looking for any opportunity he could to spend time with her in order to get her to love him and she used that to her advantage.Even though she had no intention of returning those feelings. And then she pushes him away when she feels like he is getting to close. That is calculated, pre-meditated manipulation)This only fuels Jacob's ego and his determination to get her to fall in love with him.And YET,she wants him to quit trying to win her over!! I mean make up your friggin mind, Bella!! Talk about feeding into the stereotype that women are indecisive lol

(Side note:This is what is called a "Double standard". Which means, when a girl/woman does something like this,it's ok.But,If a guy does it, it's wrong.If this situation was in reverse and it was GUY treating 2 GIRLS the way Bella treats Edward and Jacob, I gaurantee people would want that guy crucified no matter what his excuse was. Be honest ladies)

Not to mention all the other people she manipulates to get her way-The Cullens and The Blacks. And she just keeps her mom,Charlie and her friends in the dark altogether. True,she is trying to keep them safe by hiding everything from them.But that's not her only reason. She also knows that if Charlie and Rene knew about what was going on, they would do everything in their parental rights (and maybe even BEYOND their parental rights)to keep her safe and as far away from that hostile and dangerous environment as possible.(Which should have probably happend to begin with.But I understand that there would have been no Twilight Saga if it did)

Now, lets talk about the worst thing Bella does to Edward and my main reason for calling her a "temptress". Unlike other vampire stories in which the vampire is trying to corrupt the human, BELLA is trying to corrupt Edward by making him betray his morals and values and everything the Cullens stand for by seducing him into sleeping with her before marriage and turn her into a vampire.(These are the very same values that prove to Bella that Edward still has a soul and she is asking him to just go against them!!!! She even admits to doing this at one point in the story! But does that stop her from doing it? Absolutely not!!! She's like a someone who goes to confession on Sunday and then goes out the next day and does the same things she confessed the day before lol ) And I'm sorry,if you really love someone, you do not give them an ultimatum and say "I will only marry you if you change me".

So,as I said,whether Bella is diliberately trying to be the temptress or not, she has all the charactor traits OF a temptress.Including manipulation and corruption.Yes,shes only human.However,Even humans can be selfish and manipulative.Is that REALLY an excuse???

She only becomes the "heroine" AFTER she gets everything SHE wants. It was only till after she was turned into a vampire and had Renesmee that she finally discovered the TRUE meaning of love and heroism-selflessness. That's when the motherly instinct kicked in and she was willing to do ANYTHING to keep her child safe.Finally, she she started thinking about someone other than herself. Ironically,she had to become a vampire to go from Temptress to Heroine.I say it's ironic because the title of a "Temptress" is,usually, given to a female vampire not a 17 yr old human girl. In Bella's case,it is quite the opposite haha

Views: 497

Replies to This Discussion

helll no bella is a victim and jacob was trying to manipulate her by making her feel bad about herself she was always blaming herself for his pain but jacob was always pressuring her even if she was like i dont like u and he didnt have enough diginaty to walk way if a girl didnt like u u just have to leave her alone he gave her no choice edward always gave her the choice sooo i think that jacob was really bad to her she is not the "temptress" at all  so dont blame her at all blame it on someone else besides her and edward they were victim of fate and jacob had to except that  
I really have to disagree.She may have said she wanted him to stop pressuring her and leave her alone.But her actions said something different.As they say "actions speak louder than words." Please read the second paragraph again. SHE leads HIM on.
read this again "I know she was emotionally vulnerable when Edward left and was looking for a shoulder to cry on.But, that doesnt give her the right to push the boundaries of her casual friendship with Jacob as far as she does.Alot of womnen say "well,she was just an innocent,teenage girl in love".I find it very interesting when women complain about how they are portrayed as weak and vulnerable in movies,books etc.Yet when something like this happens,they use that same vulnerability to justify their actions--Ironic isnt it????(now,I am not talking about ALL women. I don't want to receive threatening emails lol.But,lets face it,some women do that. And Bella is the perfect example)She manipulates Jacob by asking him to fix the bikes.(I say "manipulates" because she knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she brought those bikes to him. Like he was going to say no? Yeah right. She knew he was looking for any opportunity he could to spend time with her in order to get her to love him and she used that to her advantage.Even though she had no intention of returning those feelings. That is calculated, pre-meditated manipulation)This only fuels his ego and his determination to get her to fall in love with him.And YET,she wants him to quit trying to win her over!! I mean make up your friggin mind, Bella!! Talk about feeding into the stereotype that all women are indecisive lol"
HAHAHAHA!!!! I ADORE this post!!!! When I read the title, My answer in my head.. "Well she is definately not the Heroine, of course she is not a victim, she is the temptress!" You are right about that... I love how you described every situation, I agree with you, I don't think Bella is the victim, at all... but Jacob is still to blame, he acted horribly in Eclipse, he was just an inmature prick who didn't accept the girl of his dreams was in love with somebody else, I am and will always be anti-Jacob, but the blame is all (90% at least) on Bella! Nice post!
Thank you Sasha

Sasha A. said:
HAHAHAHA!!!! I ADORE this post!!!! When I read the title, My answer in my head.. "Well she is definately not the Heroine, of course she is not a victim, she is the temptress!" You are right about that... I love how you described every situation, I agree with you, I don't think Bella is the victim, at all... but Jacob is still to blame, he acted horribly in Eclipse, he was just an inmature prick who didn't accept the girl of his dreams was in love with somebody else, I am and will always be anti-Jacob, but the blame is all (90% at least) on Bella! Nice post!
I agree Jacob wasnt any better--But,as you said, atleast 90% of the manipulation was done by her.

Sasha A. said:
Alli-Imagine this situation in reverse and this a was GUY treating 2 GIRLS the way Bella treats Jacob and Edward. You can't tell me that you wouldnt want that guy crucified no matter what his excuse is! lol I mean,be honest

alli herrera said:
helll no bella is a victim and jacob was trying to manipulate her by making her feel bad about herself she was always blaming herself for his pain but jacob was always pressuring her even if she was like i dont like u and he didnt have enough diginaty to walk way if a girl didnt like u u just have to leave her alone he gave her no choice edward always gave her the choice sooo i think that jacob was really bad to her she is not the "temptress" at all  so dont blame her at all blame it on someone else besides her and edward they were victim of fate and jacob had to except that  
Bella, is just a needy girl LOl...she needed someone to chill with for a while until her true love came back. sometimes you need some to take away the heartache to fill whole again...I'm not saying its excuse, I'm sure it happens in real life as well...I never felt like she loved Jacob that way anyways....
She needed someone to chill with for a while until her true love came back?your saying Jacob was basically her booty call lol
yea,she will do whatever it takes to get what she wants.No matter who she hurts
Edward loves her so much.But,he is willing to let her go to preserve her soul. Bella couldn't care less. 

Lightning Elia Cloud Strife said:
All she really wants is Edward, and she'll be either of them to be with him eternally! :3
If Bella really loved Edward,she would respect his beliefs and values and stop trying to force him into doing things he believes are wrong--like sleep with her before marriage and turn her into a vampire.But she constantly nags him about it.

Lightning Elia Cloud Strife said:
All she really wants is Edward, and she'll be either of them to be with him eternally! :3

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...