Who do you think is better for Sookie?

Who do you find the most interesting/attractive?

I know I'm behind most of you in reading the books and watching the HBO episodes (but I'm rapidly devouring the books). So I didn't really understand before when fans said they thought Eric was so great because (having seen only Season 1 so far), Eric was a kind of meh for me.

But now that I've read most of the books, I can see why fans find Eric attractive. He's such a dynamic character, and he takes care of Sookie (when he isn't putting her in absurdly dangerous situations).

So, what do y'all think?

Tags: Bill, Blood, Eric, Sookie, True

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

Morgaine, what book are you on girl? I finished up book 7 2 days ago.When I have a chance, going out to get 8th book. I think book 9 comes out in Oct. Can't get enough, gotta find out whats gonna happen. LOL I still haven't seen any of True Blood on HBO yet, So I'm going by the books.

I'd pick Eric over Bill in a split sec.!! Bill did a big no-no in the books. He hurt Sookie and I don't blame her for giving him the cold shoulder.

Eric is awsome. He's always there for Sook when danger comes a calling. Sookie's in love w/ Eric and he's in love w/ her. They just won't admit it, especialy to each other.

AHHH Vampire Love!!
LOL...yeah, I guess I got a real late start on this series of books.

Well, when you consider the fact that I started on the first book 3 weeks ago, and read 4 or 5 of them (when you read them back to back, it all blends into one book) while traveling in Australia, I'm getting caught up pretty danged fast.

Go to Netflix and rent Season 1. You can get a free 20- or 30-day trial, and I watched the entire first season within two weeks (and that's counting time for the new DVDs to be mailed to me).

The scene where Sookie and Billl make love for the first time is so damned hot.

From what I've seen in TrueBlood so far, the DVDs capture the feel and characters that I experience when reading the books, but by no means is it a replication of the books. I saw the series first before I read the books (something I hardly ever do), and the changes--especially one important one at the end of Season 1--are either good-to-great to a sense of relief when a character isn't killed.

TinaLovesKirby said:
Morgaine, what book are you on girl? I finished up book 7 2 days ago.When I have a chance, going out to get 8th book. I think book 9 comes out in Oct. Can't get enough, gotta find out whats gonna happen. LOL I still haven't seen any of True Blood on HBO yet, So I'm going by the books.

I'd pick Eric over Bill in a split sec.!! Bill did a big no-no in the books. He hurt Sookie and I don't blame her for giving him the cold shoulder.

Eric is awsome. He's always there for Sook when danger comes a calling. Sookie's in love w/ Eric and he's in love w/ her. They just won't admit it, especialy to each other.

AHHH Vampire Love!!
Morgaine, I read them back to back too. Just couldn't stop.

My hubby's getting me the 1st season for my b-day next month. He thinks he's being all secretive, but I know. He wants to watch it too. So I'll wait. Don't want to spoil it for him. He mentioned New Moon tickets too. But I already have a date w/ my BF for the midnight showing. But if he wants to go he's welcome. LOL
Wow, what a hubby! Do you think he's hoping to get lucky? lol

TinaLovesKirby said:
Morgaine, I read them back to back too. Just couldn't stop.

My hubby's getting me the 1st season for my b-day next month. He thinks he's being all secretive, but I know. He wants to watch it too. So I'll wait. Don't want to spoil it for him. He mentioned New Moon tickets too. But I already have a date w/ my BF for the midnight showing. But if he wants to go he's welcome. LOL
Funny you should say that. I mentioned nudity and he said HMMM. LOL

Can't get him interested in twilight, I think he'll like TB though.
Well, if you make it from at love scene to the start of the next episode on the DVD, I will be very, very surprised. Understand, it's not ethereal fantasy sex. It's the kind of sex people have. You look up at Bill's face as if he is on top of you, and you know how in reality when the man's on top and really passionate his face gets kind of distorted and kind of puffy? That's what you get in that love scene.

I'd rate that scene as my #2 favorite sex scene from video/movies/whatever. My #1 scene didn't actually make it to sex, but it's in "The Big Easy" when they are making out on the bed and just about to take that laaaaaaast step, when his pager goes off and they have to stop.

I guess I like my love scenes realistic.

Also, I bought two more of the books, finished one, almost finished the other--but I realized after I got home I skipped a book. I thought I'd read Dead as a Doornail and I hadn't, so I have to backtrack. After Doornail, it's the last two books and I'm caught up.

I see what you mean about Bill now, after Eric's revelation in New Orleans. I still don't think Eric is a whole lot better. I LOVE the Quinn character (so far--he may turn out to be an asshat later). Just found out he has a secret but not what it is. The whole town of Hotspots is creepy--and a good explanation for those isolated towns in a holler in Arkansas where everyone looks the same. (My mother's from Arkansas and when we visited my cousins and I would go on road trips--you know, smoke pot and drive back country roads--they took me to those places, I know, to scare me).

Have you read any of Harris' other series? I do love the Sookie Stackhouse series.

TinaLovesKirby said:
Funny you should say that. I mentioned nudity and he said HMMM. LOL

Can't get him interested in twilight, I think he'll like TB though.
I like Qinn too. Yes he does have secrets. But..... I'm not gonna spoil it for ya. And Eric might not be the best for Sookie in her eyes, but in mine, I think he's HOT!! LOL
I still have to read last 2 books. Still in hard back and the last comes out in OCT. Haven't had time to go to the book store to get them. I wonder if she's gonna continue w/ Sookie after that last book comes out? I hope so.
I haven't read anymore of CH's books but I think I'll try to one day. I just don't know which ones I want to read. How about you?
Well, I just ordered #8 and the Doornail one that I inadvertently skipped. I'm in the middle of the one where she goes to the conference. We've found out the first round of Quinn's secrets.

I'm a little unsettled because the reader reviews of #8 are not good.

Readers who have read the Sookie series say that CH's Grave series is very, very good, and like the Sookie series.

I'm reading Patterson's "Maximum Ride" series. They are very creative with lots of intriguing concepts. THis is "young people's fiction" like "Twilight" was "young people's fiction"--not really. I dunno. Maybe I'm still a child.

I read another mystery book in Australia called "Deep in Voodoo." It wasn't that well written in the beginning, but WOW the male hero character was overwhelmingly awesome. It's more of a harlequin romacey thing, which I don't usually like, but my sleep cycles were all screwed up and it helped me when I'd wake up at 3:00 AM.

Have you read any other good series?

If you haven't read "The Road," I would strongly recommend it. Nothing like Twilight or Sookie. THe movie is coming out in a few months. Cormac McCarthy is the author. The book is about a father and son in a post-apocolyptic world. Bleak is a good word for it. But I couldn't put it down once I started.
I started watching True Blood because of all the hype and because a certain vampire named Eric appeared in a greatest Tv vampires list I was reading, so I was intrigued. As great as the show is, I find both Sookie and Bill annoying and unlikeable, Eric is what keeps me watching. Even when he is on screen for only a few scenes in an episode he always steals the show.

I've only read one of the books, and that was book 4 [which I picked out after reading a review that mentioned a naked, amnesiac Eric- I was immediately sold.] Words cannot describe how epically WIN Eric is! Considering how he is written in the show [painted as a villian], Alexander Skarsgard has done an amazing job of making him so damn loveable [in a roguish kinda way]. Speaking of... Alexander.... damn that guy is hot. He make R-Patz look... meh. Just meh.
Just finished the book where they go to the convention.

I think it's the best book of the series (although I haven't read the last published one, or the one to be published in October).
I find the comparisons between most of the Twilight characters and the Southern Vampire characters to leave the Twilight charaters looking kind of two-dimensional. I think it's because they are written with such a gothic fantasy mindset, where Edward is so pure and he is so protective of Bella. I mean, it's admirable, but damn that's hard to match Bill and Eric trying to get into Sookie's pants.

Charlotte said:
I started watching True Blood because of all the hype and because a certain vampire named Eric appeared in a greatest Tv vampires list I was reading, so I was intrigued. As great as the show is, I find both Sookie and Bill annoying and unlikeable, Eric is what keeps me watching. Even when he is on screen for only a few scenes in an episode he always steals the show.

I've only read one of the books, and that was book 4 [which I picked out after reading a review that mentioned a naked, amnesiac Eric- I was immediately sold.] Words cannot describe how epically WIN Eric is! Considering how he is written in the show [painted as a villian], Alexander Skarsgard has done an amazing job of making him so damn loveable [in a roguish kinda way]. Speaking of... Alexander.... damn that guy is hot. He make R-Patz look... meh. Just meh.
Strange thing happened...

I bought "From Dead To Worse" and Dead and Gone" (used, on the internet), and two days later I received a gift book (new, hardback) from a bookseller I've never used, for the latest novel, "A Touch of Dead."

There was a "This is a gift" card in the package, no bill or statement, and the gift card had no "from" name on it.

The bookseller replied that the information is confidential.

No one I know is reading these books, and even my husband is largely clueless about this series. He certainly does't know which book I am on, or that a new one was released.

I'm hoping Quinn sent the book :-p His mother and sister don't bother me one bit. Being sane is very overrated (and very boring, IMO).

Anyway, I agree that Eric, as the books progress, is more inclined to rescue Sookie (when she isn't rescuing him, and I do love that about her--that she's not a damsel in distress), but is motives are totally his own. He has been vampire for a long time, and it seems that the longer a vampire has been undead, the less remains of human emotions.

I agree with the negative comments about "Dead and Gone"---it was the worst of the series, but, still, I finished it in one day, so how bad can it be? As far as the criticisms of lack of continuity and conflicts with previous information/events given in the previous books, I"ll leae that to those who have read he books more than once.

One thing that I don't like is that Harris is introducing a lot of new charaters but does not develop them. It loses the small-southern-town appeal for me when that happens.

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...