Breaking Dawn Book Question That's Been Eating At Me.......

I don't know if this question has been asked before, so please bear with me! This question has been eating at me for a long time.  I was reading Breaking Dawn again, and I was at the part in the baseball clearing where the "Cullen vs. Volturi trial" was taking place.  Bella has just discovered how to "control" her gift, and Edward was just about to "tell" Aro everything. Bella didn't want to, but she pulled her shield back, from Edward, to "expose" Edward to Aro.... My question would be:  Wouldn't Edward have noticed that everyone behind him suddenly went slient?? Had some suprized thought that they disappered?? Aro would have "heard" that stray thought too... right??  Please, Please, someone answer this question for me (hopefully you have talked to Stephine), before I drive myself crazy!.......  :)    

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a really good question.  There are a few plot holes like that throughout the series.  When Bella was practicing her shield, was Edward not able to read the minds of people whom she had in her shield, or was that never covered?  Another thought, Edward didn't know what or why he suddenly stopped hearing everyone's thoughts - and perhaps he can block out the thoughts when he wants to so he isn't "actively" listening - but if he didn't know what was going on then there wasn't anything to share with Aro, right?  Just a guess :)

You're right, I think... But then maybe Aro did hear exactly that and that was maybe what made him change his mind about attacking the Cullens... I was just reading exactly that part of the book this morning and it also made me wonder, but I wondered why Bella didn't extend her shield to include Edward AND Aro...instead of leaving Edward outside. Who would have noticed? This is really bugging me.

You had a really good point, Maybe I should add that to my question :)

Sabine Allen said:

You're right, I think... But then maybe Aro did hear exactly that and that was maybe what made him change his mind about attacking the Cullens... I was just reading exactly that part of the book this morning and it also made me wonder, but I wondered why Bella didn't extend her shield to include Edward AND Aro...instead of leaving Edward outside. Who would have noticed? This is really bugging me.

Yes , that point was covered.. Bella's shield is like a one way mirror when he's under it he can still read everyone's mind (exept Bella's), when he is outside he can't read those minds who are still under the shield.. That is what brought me to my question :)    (sorry it took me so long to reply, I been away for a while)

SaraLovesTwi said:

That is a really good question.  There are a few plot holes like that throughout the series.  When Bella was practicing her shield, was Edward not able to read the minds of people whom she had in her shield, or was that never covered?  Another thought, Edward didn't know what or why he suddenly stopped hearing everyone's thoughts - and perhaps he can block out the thoughts when he wants to so he isn't "actively" listening - but if he didn't know what was going on then there wasn't anything to share with Aro, right?  Just a guess :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...