Hey all! I am planning on camping out for the BD premiere this year in LA and it will be my first premiere ever. I have no clue what I am doing and plan on flying out there alone so I was wondering if anyone else planned on going this November? If so, does anyone know how to go about planning such a trip? Premiere goers past and present please speak up and help out a fellow Twihard. I could really use some advice about how to camp out, what to bring....especially for those of us who are from out of town....and how to go about everything. Thanks!

Tags: Breaking, Dawn, Premiere

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I've never done one but the earliest twihards camp out a week before. Bring colorful posters saying things like "Edward bite me" or "I'm not afraid of the big bad wolf". That's all I got
Idk sorry
I've never done this sorta thing b4 either, but the biggest TwiFans r always there like a week b4, and since this is the last book, I bet they'll be camping like a almost a month b4 the premiere... All I know is that the biggest twihard I ever saw in the premiere was dressed as a vamp, yup, had the Cullen crest choker, yellow eye contacts and fake fangs... Lol, if ur not that addicted, just go 4 simple stuff, like twilight shirts of ur fave team, team Edward or Team Jacob, Cullen crest necklaces or bracelets, and cool posters that say "Love you Edward" or stuff like that... Lol
Hi Cullen Hale Lover! I would say you need to plan to camp at least 5 days...it really depends on where it will be held also.. Nokia is ideal which is where Eclipse was. I also liked that for Eclipse they gave out wrist bands to the fans and you were guarenteed onto the red carpet for the premiere into a designated fan area... without the wrist band, you could line the streets in hopes of catching a glimpse, but I dont think the stars spent much time over there since there was so much ground to cover. The crappy part is that for Eclipse, they didn't announce the wrist band thing until about 3 to 5 days before the campers were aloud to camp. (Campers began camping on a Monday, Premiere was Thursday and they released the wrist band announcement the Thursday prior, so not much time sadly). I have a few friends that want to go however I am going to try and squeeze it in IF possible.. I am getting married on Nov. 12 and then leave for my honeymoon on Nov. 18 so its a busy time for me. I could hook you up with other twihards.. everyone really is so warm and welcoming.. however can't say the same when the premiere starts, lots of pushing and shoving like crazy. I didn't care for that and Kristen got nailed in the face with a sharpie so when people act stupid it will only drive them away... So to answer your questions, until they announce where it is, hard to plan your trip... i would suggest getting a hotel room near the event so you dont smell like a dirty camper the day of... that place smelled so bad that morning, i'm glad I did not have to sleep in the streets nor did I want Rob being turned off by a bad smell... LOL I'd say bring a clever sign, your book or camera. however if you are up close you need to decide, do you want the autographs or photos? I went for photos every time which is why I have SO many.. I was also lucky enough to lay my book down on this barricade in front of me so they just naturally picked up a pen and signed so I got double lucky! To shorten this up, message me for more info :-) good luck!
Thank you so much for your input. It really means a lot to me and I would love to hear from some people you might know who are going to try to attend. It is going to be hectic, but I am willing to drop everything to get it done. I really want to do this and it is probably the only time I will have the chance. Thanks again!

Jaime Cullen said:
Hi Cullen Hale Lover! I would say you need to plan to camp at least 5 days...it really depends on where it will be held also.. Nokia is ideal which is where Eclipse was. I also liked that for Eclipse they gave out wrist bands to the fans and you were guarenteed onto the red carpet for the premiere into a designated fan area... without the wrist band, you could line the streets in hopes of catching a glimpse, but I dont think the stars spent much time over there since there was so much ground to cover. The crappy part is that for Eclipse, they didn't announce the wrist band thing until about 3 to 5 days before the campers were aloud to camp. (Campers began camping on a Monday, Premiere was Thursday and they released the wrist band announcement the Thursday prior, so not much time sadly). I have a few friends that want to go however I am going to try and squeeze it in IF possible.. I am getting married on Nov. 12 and then leave for my honeymoon on Nov. 18 so its a busy time for me. I could hook you up with other twihards.. everyone really is so warm and welcoming.. however can't say the same when the premiere starts, lots of pushing and shoving like crazy. I didn't care for that and Kristen got nailed in the face with a sharpie so when people act stupid it will only drive them away... So to answer your questions, until they announce where it is, hard to plan your trip... i would suggest getting a hotel room near the event so you dont smell like a dirty camper the day of... that place smelled so bad that morning, i'm glad I did not have to sleep in the streets nor did I want Rob being turned off by a bad smell... LOL I'd say bring a clever sign, your book or camera. however if you are up close you need to decide, do you want the autographs or photos? I went for photos every time which is why I have SO many.. I was also lucky enough to lay my book down on this barricade in front of me so they just naturally picked up a pen and signed so I got double lucky! To shorten this up, message me for more info :-) good luck!
Hey I just decided yesterday that I want to do the same thing.! Have decided how early your going and how your going to accomplish this. lol I need help. haha.  I'm from Ohio and don't travel, so this is all new to me.
Hey guys,
It's good to see other people planning to go. I'm from Camano Island WA and I've booked my trip so lets hope I booked it for the right dates. In the past people were aloud to line up 4 days before the premiere so I'm leaving Thurs. Nov. 10th and hopeing that the line up starts Friday moring. It's kinda scary because they haven't released any more information and I booked everything based on how they did the eclipse premiere. So what am I supose to bring?
Idk!!!!

Usually as the date gets closer sites like Twilight lexicon will do a big post about what people should bring to camp out and also any information they have about the event. I would keep an eye out when it gets closer to time.

 

I do have a bit of a dilemma because I noticed that a Breaking Dawn Convention has been announced for November 4th in LA. I actually want to go to that because it is supposed to be like the Eclipse convention last year where Rob, Kristen, Taylor and a bunch of the cast showed up. However, they have announced the when and where but not who will be in attendance. I have not decided which one to go to but I am either going to that convention or to the premiere but I cannot afford to do both. 

Im going too!:) same here, im planning on arriving at noon on Friday..so hopefully we can start lining up Friday, no sooner...im bringing a tent, tons of blankets(because its November and the temperature drops & it gets FREEZING at night) and stuff to do during the day. do you have a hotel room booked so you can take showers and such??

Vanessa Nekuda said:
Hey guys,
It's good to see other people planning to go. I'm from Camano Island WA and I've booked my trip so lets hope I booked it for the right dates. In the past people were aloud to line up 4 days before the premiere so I'm leaving Thurs. Nov. 10th and hopeing that the line up starts Friday moring. It's kinda scary because they haven't released any more information and I booked everything based on how they did the eclipse premiere. So what am I supose to bring?
they probably wont release whether Rob & Kristen will be there until it gets really close to the convention...

Cullenhalelover said:

Usually as the date gets closer sites like Twilight lexicon will do a big post about what people should bring to camp out and also any information they have about the event. I would keep an eye out when it gets closer to time.

 

I do have a bit of a dilemma because I noticed that a Breaking Dawn Convention has been announced for November 4th in LA. I actually want to go to that because it is supposed to be like the Eclipse convention last year where Rob, Kristen, Taylor and a bunch of the cast showed up. However, they have announced the when and where but not who will be in attendance. I have not decided which one to go to but I am either going to that convention or to the premiere but I cannot afford to do both. 

Just wanted to complete this discussion by saying that I have decided to attend the LA Convention instead of the premiere. I am so excited that so many guests will be in attendance. Seeing the big three, and most of the Cullens will be amazing. To all those going to premiere, have tons of fun camping out and get some great pictures!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...