Breaking Dawn R18+ Don't read if you haven't read Breaking Dawn.

I was thinking today, when Breaking Dawn becomes a movie, if it was made exactly the same as the book (which it can't because it would go forever) that it would probably be R rated.
There is some nudity (When bella is looking at herself and the feathers after she and Edward 'sleep together' for the first time and when Jared comes to speak to Jake and he phases back with with no shorts) and there are alot of sex scenes (which also conatin nudity). Yes, this would be easy to skip but these are the events that occur in the book. Some of the stuff is pretty gruesome like when Bella has that fountain of blood coming out of her mouth and if the Volturi did decide to fight, there would be alot of violence. If the Volturi do not fight it will ruin the movie. Have there been any movies when a potentially huge battle was negotiated by talking?
They cannot really skip the love scenes as they do in the book. I mean, how boring would that be.

Tags: Breaking, Dawn

Views: 401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

even tough it will be R rated i will prefer that the directors sticks to the books and respect the fact that us the public want them to make the movie as it is described in the books to stay as faithfull to it as possible
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Well, that's why Breaking Dawn is my fave book of them all.
They don't have to show nudity to make a hot love scene.

SM didn't grahically explain their nudity, so I thnk it could be filmed so it wasn't explicit.

The scene I'm concerned about in NM is the feeding-on-tourists scene at the Voluri's. SM didn't go into great detail but she let us know the gruesomenes going on, anyway,

Hardwicke was able to stick with the book, cut out enough soit could come in under 2 hours, and still made a great movie. We'll see if the NM director can be as effective.
I am with Bouclette on that. Even if it got an R rating I would prefer the movies stick as closely to the books as possible.

Of course I realize they won't. And I may have no problem with an R rating anyways given I've been old enough to get into an R rated movie for eons now.....;)
I want to know what was Bella doing when Edward took apart the Head Board, PG-13 has pushed the envelope a lot with sex, I would rather have this movie rated R for us grown ups, who understand what's going on in the book.
How is Renesmee gonna be portrayed realistically...??Hmmmm
I think an R rating would be appropriate, or atleast a PG-13 (if the nude scenes were taken from behind...).. hmm, just thought of the scene when Bella comes out of the house on Isle Esme and sees Edward standing in the water looking out at the moon... imagine that, the water lapping at the top of his buttocks... sigh.. COUGH COUGH, where was I... the hardest thing about Breaking Dawn is inevitably going to be Renesmee. I did just mention the other day to a friend that the fountain of blood will be interesting! I think they will make Breaking Dawn into two parts, Bella and Jacob... they could release both movies at the same time, rake in the money BIG TIME...HAHAHA would be hard though.. anyway, I agree they will need to up the rating and I think they need to bring back Chris Weitz for Breaking Dawn! He "gets" us!
Hardwicke did not stick with the book in my opinion! Nowhere in the book did they kill off Charlies life long friend. Nowhere in the movie did they show Edward walking Bella to class. Bella EARNED seeing Edward in the sun, it was not forced on her and the meadow is where they fell in love, it could have been more by the book .. if she and the cast had read the series BEFORE they started filming.....

Morgaine Chya said:
They don't have to show nudity to make a hot love scene.

SM didn't grahically explain their nudity, so I thnk it could be filmed so it wasn't explicit.

The scene I'm concerned about in NM is the feeding-on-tourists scene at the Voluri's. SM didn't go into great detail but she let us know the gruesomenes going on, anyway,

Hardwicke was able to stick with the book, cut out enough soit could come in under 2 hours, and still made a great movie. We'll see if the NM director can be as effective.
well, i don't think it will be R rated becuz stephenie never describes those R scenes. it just skips to the morning. although you are right about the nudity. well im glad i would be old enough to watch the movie if its rated R
I dont mean to be rude but you dont know what your talking about. saying that only adults would understand. i think your wrong cause some of us teenagers do understand whats going on. we're not stupid. we do know what is happening.

Kimberley K. Martinez said:
I want to know what was Bella doing when Edward took apart the Head Board, PG-13 has pushed the envelope a lot with sex, I would rather have this movie rated R for us grown ups, who understand what's going on in the book.
I have been pondering the same things, also how are they gonna do Renessme and the growth, I don't know if you can find a toddler actor that can portray as much and Renessme needs to? I LOVE the series, don't get me wrong, I just don't think that it can be made into a movie and maybe it would be cool to just leave it as a book, makes it kinda special casue we as fans still have our own image of how it would look like, ya know?
I don't have a problem with an R rating, but I don't think it's strictly necessary. First of all, the love scenes don't have to be explicit, although it would be fun to see Edward being explicit. Second, the gruesome doesn't need to push past the PG 13 rating to be effective. Third, their really isn't alot of violence in this book, at least no more than the others. The real problem is going to be Renesmee. There probably going to have to do some of her CGI with a model. By the time they stand up to the Volturi, she's supposed to look 5, so that will help, but casting her is going to be crucial. They might need to limit her role more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...