Breaking Dawn R18+ Don't read if you haven't read Breaking Dawn.

I was thinking today, when Breaking Dawn becomes a movie, if it was made exactly the same as the book (which it can't because it would go forever) that it would probably be R rated.
There is some nudity (When bella is looking at herself and the feathers after she and Edward 'sleep together' for the first time and when Jared comes to speak to Jake and he phases back with with no shorts) and there are alot of sex scenes (which also conatin nudity). Yes, this would be easy to skip but these are the events that occur in the book. Some of the stuff is pretty gruesome like when Bella has that fountain of blood coming out of her mouth and if the Volturi did decide to fight, there would be alot of violence. If the Volturi do not fight it will ruin the movie. Have there been any movies when a potentially huge battle was negotiated by talking?
They cannot really skip the love scenes as they do in the book. I mean, how boring would that be.

Tags: Breaking, Dawn

Views: 401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

your right about the nudity and violence scene...but they can change it or delete those parts on the movie(if they'll gonna make one..)
I agree with you Christina. Just because we may be younger than the adults, we do know more things that adults think we know. Not trying to be rude,Kimberly. :)

Christina said:
I dont mean to be rude but you dont know what your talking about. saying that only adults would understand. i think your wrong cause some of us teenagers do understand whats going on. we're not stupid. we do know what is happening.

Kimberley K. Martinez said:
I want to know what was Bella doing when Edward took apart the Head Board, PG-13 has pushed the envelope a lot with sex, I would rather have this movie rated R for us grown ups, who understand what's going on in the book.
i agree.. i think cathrine hardwicke did an okay job but i won't say i wasn't disappointed. she changed several things. i dont think it has to be identical to the book, but somethings are necessary... thank god for new directors

Chauntelle Cullen said:
Hardwicke did not stick with the book in my opinion! Nowhere in the book did they kill off Charlies life long friend. Nowhere in the movie did they show Edward walking Bella to class. Bella EARNED seeing Edward in the sun, it was not forced on her and the meadow is where they fell in love, it could have been more by the book .. if she and the cast had read the series BEFORE they started filming.....
I agree ... they should try to make it as close to the book as possible. A little skin never hurt anybody. They can work around the nudity for the movie. And breaking dawn was my favorite too.
I think they could definitely make it pg-13 and it would still be effective..some of it would be tricky, but it would be possible. I mean, have you seen some of the movies that earn a "pg-13" rating these days? Some of them probably SHOULD be rated 'R'...I think they can do it without the official 'R' rating. Although, as someone else said...it sure would be fun to see some 'R' rated Edward scenes...mmmmm!!!
i agree bouclette..she or he is so right..the movie must be like the book even if countains nudity and violence..what would be the beauty of the movie if there would not be that scenes?i hope they will stick to the book..but i'm a little afraid that they will not..like in twilight..obviously a great movie but i was a little disippointed because in the book there are so much important scenes that should be in the movie..and the conection between edward and bella is so much stronger that the movie shows...c'mon how many times they are kissing in the book?in the movie there are only two times..
At the end of the day even though this book is beloved by all age groups and even genders, these books were geared to young adults who in this day and age are a lot less like Edward and a lot more like Bella: not so hell bent on the rules (this is why I love Edward. He is everything that I think young people NEED to get back to. Just because you have desires doesn't mean you should just jump into things right away or lose your sense of what is right to you).

But the point is that in this age of cyber sex, texting, iming, web cameras, teenagers are a lot more exposed to things that normally have been considered ADULTS ONLY. So yes it is not necessarily right to underestimate the knowledge of teen. What I will say is that while teenager may mentally understand what's going, emotionally they are still underdeveloped and are rash to do exactly what they see being played out in fantasy land at times.
I remember when Clueless came out, I was ten, and for two years mostly all the girls I knew, including myself, dressed like Cher and Dionne, talked like them and some were even more adventurous and tried pot (I didn't take it that far) because Clueless made it seem like it was cool to do it in moderation. And we weren't even teenagers.

It would do a disservice to make this rated R because I know that there are still a lot of responsible parents who are not going to let their kid see an R rated film and barely want them to watch the filth that has now made it's way to PG-13/TV-14. This series is about teenagers who have a honest and pure love and that's the kind of thing teenagers should be allowed to see. JMHO.
Are they even going to be able to make breaking dawn? because in all the books all the vampires are the same age. but in reality there going to have to age a little right?
This will be interesting to see to say the least..It will be a movie, just don't know how they are gonna do it...rumor has it that pattinson just signed on for BD! We shall see!
I DONT THINK IT WILL BE RATED R. STEPHANIE DIDNT EVEN GO INTO DETAIL WITH THE SEX SCENE AND THE NUDITY PART CAN BE TAKEN OUT OF THE MOVIE EASILY
yeah just cos were young adults dunt mean we dont know whats going on;) :L

Christina said:
I dont mean to be rude but you dont know what your talking about. saying that only adults would understand. i think your wrong cause some of us teenagers do understand whats going on. we're not stupid. we do know what is happening.

Kimberley K. Martinez said:
I want to know what was Bella doing when Edward took apart the Head Board, PG-13 has pushed the envelope a lot with sex, I would rather have this movie rated R for us grown ups, who understand what's going on in the book.
they could make this movie pg-13 if they wanted.. i mean, sure you wouldnt have the same "love" effect but i know that all the fans would still love it..
and even if it turns out rated R, were still all gonna end up watching it anyways so really it doesnt matter.. it would be graphical but who cares? i mean nobody would mind seein kristen stewart or robert patterson naked.. and a lot of blood in the movie..
but i am hoping its pg-13 so it aint too bad.. so yeah.. anyways
TEAM EDWARD..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...