Did Anyone Else Feel Depressed After Finishing The Twilight Sage?

Lol. I know this sounds nuts, or maybe it doesn't. But when I finished the Twilight saga Breaking Dawn i couldnt help but feel depressed. Lol. when i was reading it i was like "omg this is so good! i want to read read read." then when i got to the last page i was like, "awww" lol and yea i was depressed for a couple days. haha. idk why. i just felt down. Haha anyone else feel like that?

-Vixen-

Tags: breaking, dawn, depressed, twilight

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yes I felt so down, and wished it would never end! I would give everything to be a twilight virgin again, just so i would be able to  feel the way I did when I read them the first time;) It´s nuts... But true...

While I was at the end of Breaking Dawn it was like I couldn't stop reading but I didn't want it to end ! I was soooooo depressed.

Hey,

I felt exactly like that, i read that last page so slowly. When i did finish it i just sat there... and realised... i have no life. I have spent the last 2 weeks in my bedroom, reading these books. I blanked my boyfriend, my friends and my parents. So when i had finished reading the books it sort of felt like life had no meaning until 'breaking dawn' comes out. But then what do i do when breaking dawn comes out and i'm back to my crappy life. I dont want to find out what happens next in my life... i want to find out what is happening in bellas. My mum now wants me to see a shrink. I said the wrong thing to her lol... i said 'i dont want to live unless im a vampire and married to edward cullen with his babies'. Wrong move when you havent left your bedroom for weeks.

Ive just read what ive written and i sound like some weird obsessive person with no life but i dont care and im posting it anyway!

:D

I hated that it ended so I started the first book again. I've read the entire saga 6 times and never got bored. I only wish there were more books in the series. I'm a grandmother who is a diehard-twihard fan.

I was so sad when I finished all the books. I went throughout them so fast. I was like Noooo this can't be it!
But I did love the ending of Breaking Dawn everyone was happy:)

I felt like that a little. After I finished the series I didnt know what to do next, Usually I would have just ran to get the next book. After I finished the series I went back and read my favorite parts

I know alot of people will disagree with me on this.But what depressed me about Breaking Dawn(and,ultimately the entire saga) was that Edward turned Bella-the one thing he swore he would never do.And,by doing so,he went against everything he and the Cullens believe in and stand for and did exactly what he was affraid of doing-he jeopardized his and Bella's soul.I know what you all are thinking-She was dying and,by Edward turning her,they will be able to spend eternity with eachother.Well,maybe so.But what happens at the END of eternity?The world won't last forever.Vampires,of all people,know that.And what is the point of spending eternity with the one you love if it is in a place where love does not exsist(Hell)?And,even before she was dying, from the moment she met Edward,she chose to be turned and discarded her soul.So the fact that Edward turned her to "Save her life" is irrelavent. Her decision was made from the very beginning.She put Edward above God and her eternal soul. And,as a Christian,I think that is wrong. Even if Bella had died, Edward and the Cullen's would still have been able to redeem themselves-Something Carlisle faught for so long to do.On top of that, they still had little Nessie. Edward and Bella would still have lived on through her.After all,that is what children are all about-a peice of each parent living on.THAT is TRUE immortality.Back to the Cullen's and their search for redemption.Of course,as a Christian, I don't believe Carlisle or the Cullens would ever find redemption no matter how pure they tried to be. The bible makes it clear that is not through works but by faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved.We can't BUY redemption/salvation.And I know alot of you will say "Stephenie Meyer never meant for the story to be looked at this way." But the fact that she puts so much emphasis on the exsistance and importance of the soul leaves the story open to be looked at from this perspective.She began the story giving vampires a soul,a conscience and a sense of conviction.But,in the end, none of it paid off.What were they trying to be so pure for if EVERYONE was going to end up being vampires anyway?Stephenie Meyer failed put across the point that I believe she was trying to make-That no matter who you are or what youve done,everyone has a chance for redemption. But not through good deeds.

Oh,and another thing,Breaking Dawn was SO anti-climactic. They spend 2 chapters trying to decide whether or not they are going to kill Nessie or let her live.And there isn't even a battle.

Finally!!!! That was exactly how I felt! I cried for like an hour and a half after I read it! It was like a week before I even started getting back to normal!

I'm a Christian too, and I see your point of view. I don't agree with it fully, but I am glad that you posted this. For a lot of people, this wouldn't even had accured to them. Way to go!

Shaun AKA TwilightTrinity said:

I know alot of people will disagree with me on this.But what depressed me about Breaking Dawn(and,ultimately the entire saga) was that Edward turned Bella-the one thing he swore he would never do.And,by doing so,he went against everything he and the Cullens believe in and stand for and did exactly what he was affraid of doing-he jeopardized his and Bella's soul.I know what you all are thinking-She was dying and,by Edward turning her,they will be able to spend eternity with eachother.Well,maybe so.But what happens at the END of eternity?The world won't last forever.Vampires,of all people,know that.And what is the point of spending eternity with the one you love if it is in a place where love does not exsist(Hell)?And,even before she was dying, from the moment she met Edward,she chose to be turned and discarded her soul.So the fact that Edward turned her to "Save her life" is irrelavent. Her decision was made from the very beginning.She put Edward above God and her eternal soul. And,as a Christian,I think that is wrong. Even if Bella had died, Edward and the Cullen's would still have been able to redeem themselves-Something Carlisle faught for so long to do.On top of that, they still had little Nessie. Edward and Bella would still have lived on through her.After all,that is what children are all about-a peice of each parent living on.THAT is TRUE immortality.Back to the Cullen's and their search for redemption.Of course,as a Christian, I don't believe Carlisle or the Cullens would ever find redemption no matter how pure they tried to be. The bible makes it clear that is not through works but by faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved.We can't BUY redemption/salvation.And I know alot of you will say "Stephenie Meyer never meant for the story to be looked at this way." But the fact that she puts so much emphasis on the exsistance and importance of the soul leaves the story open to be looked at from this perspective.She began the story giving vampires a soul,a conscience and a sense of conviction.But,in the end, none of it paid off.What were they trying to be so pure for if EVERYONE was going to end up being vampires anyway?Stephenie Meyer failed put across the point that I believe she was trying to make-That no matter who you are or what youve done,everyone has a chance for redemption. But not through good deeds.

Oh,and another thing,Breaking Dawn was SO anti-climactic. They spend 2 chapters trying to decide whether or not they are going to kill Nessie or let her live.And there isn't even a battle.

no cause i never stopped reading it lol i just keep goingand going but for the holidays i took a break forthe kids and hubby lol
omg yess! so i came up with a solution to that problem: every couple of weeks, i read the books (: my parents and sister make fun of me soo much lol but i just cant help it!!!!!!!!!! i will never stop reading the books. ever!
I know. Its so sad reading the last page and knowing there wont be any more.  When Edward left in New Moon i couldnt stop crying.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...