Did you see that Jacob would have some sort of involvement as a main character in the future?

In Twilight the first time that Jacob comes up in La Push did anyone guess that he would end up being a main character? The first time I read the series I was suspicious but I wasn't sure. Did anyone see that Jacob would be involved in the rest of the books?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not really. And neither did Stephenie Meyer! When she first wrote Twilight Jacob was kind of a way for Bella to find out what Edward was. You can read all about it on her website under The Story for New Moon. Here is part of what SM said.

Ah, and then there is my favorite gift that New Moon gave to me: Jacob Black.

Jacob's development into a major character was a strange journey. Originally, Jacob was just a device. In Twilight, Bella needed a way to find out the truth about Edward, and the conveniently located Quileute Tribe, with all their fantastic legends, provided a cool option for that revelation. And so Jacob was born—born to tell Bella and Edward's secret.

Something happened then that I didn't expect. Jacob was my first experience with a character taking over—a minor character developing such roundness and life that I couldn't keep him locked inside a tiny role. (Since Jacob, this has reoccurred with several other meant-to-be-minor characters. I really love it when this happens, though it often destroys my outlines.) From the very beginning, even when Jacob only appeared in chapter six of Twilight, he was so alive. I liked him. More than I should for such a small part. Bella liked him. Her instinctive trust and affection came without my intervention. And it wasn't just us; my agent did, too. "I love that Jacob kid," Jodi said (or something to that effect-this all happened in 2003). My editor agreed. "Can we get more Jacob in the story?" Megan asked.

Read the rest here.

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way.

Haha, I know right I just thought this may have been a good discussion ?

jennamariemcgregor said:
who the hell cares! the point is she chose her soulmate in the end and thats all that really matters!!
I do. I loved finding out from SM herself that Jacob is just a literary device. :) Bella & Edward together forever. Jacob didn't have a chance.

jennamariemcgregor said:
who the hell cares! the point is she chose her soulmate in the end and thats all that really matters!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...