Do you believe long distance relationships(online specifically) can work?Why or why not?

I believe in long distance relationships but they won't work unless both people put their whole hearts into it and are willing to be patient until the day they can be together.If you really love someone,you should be willing to wait as long as it takes.Of course,I mean a few months,if necessary.A few years is pushing it a bit far

Tags: love

Views: 1070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

believe it or not,you get to know a person alot more online than when you just meet them in person.You talk more,and its easier to open up.So you get to know one another alot faster.That's why I think online relationships can be really successful.But,like I said,both people have to put their whole hearts into it and have patience.The last online relationship I was in was unsuccessful because she wasn't willing to wait,but that hasn't weakened my faith in LD relationships. I believe in that old saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"-which means the longer you are away from someone,the more special it is when you ARE together,so patience pays off in the end.Some people just arent willing to pay that price
I don't believe in long distance relationships... my friend lives here in holland and her (ex) boyfriend in New York.
They were 5 years together but the distance was a huge problem. they saw eachother 5 weeks a year. that's not much...
And I am living together with someone who I met online.. yes.. you talk more but all the anoying things you get to know when you are in a relationship.. not before.. the first year is great.. (most of the time)
after that you have to deal with all the things that you don't like about a person....
Well Inge,like I said,the circumstances have to be right.Holland and New York is quite a stretch.And it also depends on HOW LONG you wait before you see a person.A few months is acceptable but a few years is pushing it.As for having to deal with the things you don't like about a person,you should find all that out first before making any kind of commitment to begin with.Otherwise you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.Thank you for your response:-)
Inge said:
I don't believe in long distance relationships... my friend lives here in holland and her (ex) boyfriend in New York.
They were 5 years together but the distance was a huge problem. they saw eachother 5 weeks a year. that's not much...
And I am living together with someone who I met online.. yes.. you talk more but all the anoying things you get to know when you are in a relationship.. not before.. the first year is great.. (most of the time)
after that you have to deal with all the things that you don't like about a person....
ShaunTwilightTrinity said:
believe it or not,you get to know a person alot more online than when you just meet them in person.You talk more,and its easier to open up.So you get to know one another alot faster.That's why I think online relationships can be really successful.But,like I said,both people have to put their whole hearts into it and have patience.The last online relationship I was in was unsuccessful because she wasn't willing to wait,but that hasn't weakened my faith in LD relationships. I believe in that old saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"-which means the longer you are away from someone,the more special it is when you ARE together,so patience pays off in the end.Some people just arent willing to pay that price

i totally agree with u !! long distance relationship can work if each person is faithfull and is willing to do whatever it takes to make this relationship successfull !!!
Well,thank you Bouchlette.I think the internet has made it possible for people to connect with the ones they are meant to be with.Ones that they would have,otherwise,never met.And for those with honest,good intentions,an online relationship could be the best thing in the world.So many people use the net for terrible things.Why not use it for something positive?Something that could possibly change your life?
Bouclette said:
ShaunTwilightTrinity said:

i totally agree with u !! long distance relationship can work if each person is faithfull and is willing to do whatever it takes to make this relationship successfull !!!
oke, that's true... if the circumstances are right... sure. I would wait for the person I loved.
But you can't know everything just by talking to each other over the net. some things you just have to experience to know if you can live with them. what you believe your most annoying feature is.. can be something that I love.
I am living together with someone I met online. we talked so much and the things that annoy me.. I didn't know about him. Don't get me wrong, I love him...
this is so personal... there are still a lot of perverts online, hiding their true personality. taking advantage of a person.
although I met a lot of people online and later in real person, I always was very careful.
especially young or vulnerable people become the victim.
So sure, you can meet the love of your life online and know everything about them before you even meet in real life.. but always be careful... again I speak from experience..
Very good Inge,I agree.Very good advice.It all goes back to the four things I mentioned-honesty,trust,commitment and patience.And all that comes with TIME.You have to have all four of those things before even CONSIDERING a relationship(not forgetting maturity,thats important too)--whether its long distance or close distance.

Inge said:
oke, that's true... if the circumstances are right... sure. I would wait for the person I loved.
But you can't know everything just by talking to each other over the net. some things you just have to experience to know if you can live with them. what you believe your most annoying feature is.. can be something that I love.
I am living together with someone I met online. we talked so much and the things that annoy me.. I didn't know about him. Don't get me wrong, I love him...
this is so personal... there are still a lot of perverts online, hiding their true personality. taking advantage of a person.
although I met a lot of people online and later in real person, I always was very careful.
especially young or vulnerable people become the victim.
So sure, you can meet the love of your life online and know everything about them before you even meet in real life.. but always be careful... again I speak from experience..
I don't believe in long distance relationships,because there is not to show affection to. Like hug,kiss...........
I think you are right about being commited to the relationship. that is an important factor, but most likly long distance relations dont work out. In order for them to work you have to care for them on a level that makes your own needs uneccesary.

if only it were so easy
When it comes down to long distance relationships for me, especially when it involves the internet, there has to be a friendship as a starting point. Within that friendship, of course comes mutual adoration and attraction but also you truly get to know the person due to the conversations that you have which shapes and molds the trust you have for them. You have to trust that what that person is telling you on the other side of your computer screen is completely and totally honest and not just some wacko toying with your emotions. If you can get through that, decide to be together face to face .. there's an even greater challenge because you never truly know someone until you move in with them.... that first year of living together, you learn everything and more! LOL
Its true,most of the time they don't work.But I think that,in any relationship,you have to put the other person before yourself.That goes for online or close distance relationships.There has to be a degree of selflessness..Not making your own needs unnecessary,but putting their needs first.It's not easy,but then,when is any relationship easy?Thank you for your response.God bless:-)

Christina shay said:
I think you are right about being commited to the relationship. that is an important factor, but most likly long distance relations dont work out. In order for them to work you have to care for them on a level that makes your own needs uneccesary.

if only it were so easy
Thank you J"adore.I totally agree.Friendship has to be the foundation.

J'adore Cullen said:
When it comes down to long distance relationships for me, especially when it involves the internet, there has to be a friendship as a starting point. Within that friendship, of course comes mutual adoration and attraction but also you truly get to know the person due to the conversations that you have which shapes and molds the trust you have for them. You have to trust that what that person is telling you on the other side of your computer screen is completely and totally honest and not just some wacko toying with your emotions. If you can get through that, decide to be together face to face .. there's an even greater challenge because you never truly know someone until you move in with them.... that first year of living together, you learn everything and more! LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...