Do you believe long distance relationships(online specifically) can work?Why or why not?

I believe in long distance relationships but they won't work unless both people put their whole hearts into it and are willing to be patient until the day they can be together.If you really love someone,you should be willing to wait as long as it takes.Of course,I mean a few months,if necessary.A few years is pushing it a bit far

Tags: love

Views: 1055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thank you Euphoria,No relationships are easy--short or long distance,But the more you love someone,the more effort,commitment and trust you need to give them--and vice versa

Romantic Soul Euphoria said:
I am in a long distance relationship myself...and yes, it's not easy.. All these replies are somehow true..you have to love someone very much and ofcourse, put his/her needs first... and i love him so much.
So, it takes some courage and strenght to do that...and I mean that litteraly. :)
and to all you who are trying to love that certain someone who is miles away, i wish all the happiness..and love ♥

I agree with all of you guys who believe in long distance relationships, commitment is one of the most important things...also getting to know each other beginning with a friendship...I believe that without any trust a relationship can't work. So if a long distance relationship is base on: trust, honesty, patience, commitment and genuine love, why not? lol. I was on one of those relationships and it didn't work because he wasn't faithful to me, faithfullness is also point you have to take in a long distance relationship. About not been able to see each other in real life having any kind of physical interaction is hard but there are ways to be able to look at each other or have a conversation it can be close enough (in my opinion) it's a way to wait for the day in which you can finally interact with that special person, people like using Skype etc...so yes a long distance relationship can be really successful :).

I completely agree with you Katerina. That is something I have been trying to get across in this blog. I still havent met a girl willing to make that kind of commitment.Hopefully,soon
well..how bout for example you love this guy but then he is too far away...the girl cant really wait..because she doesnt have an assurance that they will be together in the future...and the issues about not meeting face to face is a like a burden right? you never know when the person is like cheating you or what.. any advices? :)
Well,my opinion is that she never should have entered a long distance relationship to begin with--she should know the sacrifices involved and the consiquences for (either she or he) not agreeing to those terms. In other words,shes just setting herself up for disappointment if she is unaware of what she is getting herself into. I'm not saying that is an excuse to cheat.Im just saying that you shouldnt make a commitment to something if you are not ready and willing to commit to ALL the terms
And having to wait should not be a burden.It should be an opportunity for their love to grow emotionally without the physical part of it getting in the way

Jasmine Cullen Clearwater said:
well..how bout for example you love this guy but then he is too far away...the girl cant really wait..because she doesnt have an assurance that they will be together in the future...and the issues about not meeting face to face is a like a burden right? you never know when the person is like cheating you or what.. any advices? :)
I know lol I hope people start believing more in this kind of relationships, they can actually work if each one of them gives their 50% there's not much to lose. I wish you the best Shaun :)

Shaun AKA TwilightTrinity said:
I completely agree with you Katerina. That is something I have been trying to get across in this blog. I still havent met a girl willing to make that kind of commitment.Hopefully,soon
well..she is aware but she really cant just let go of the guy..knowing that they arent sure if they are going to meet in the future. They love each other but somehow the girl thinks that it wont really work..since they are going off to college which means more communication with other guys..??

Shaun AKA TwilightTrinity said:
And having to wait should not be a burden.It should be an opportunity for their love to grow emotionally without the physical part of it getting in the way

If there is doubt between them,then, no, Its not going to work
I have a long distance relationship and it is a bit of a problem. Especially when people ask if I am single or not and wondering where my girlfriend is, but it also has advantages. Being apart makes you more grateful when you do get together. So its something I always look forward to. Seeing my girlfriend.
Distance does intensify love.However,being TOO far away can create more problems than it's worth. It won't work if the distance is so far that it makes it impossible to be together. That's why I would never date anyone more than a few states from me. It would be too painful for both of us.
Well,like I said,it depends on the person.For me,being too far away would be too painful. The more I love that person,the harder it is to be away from them for too long.And,as I also said, I still think that if you love that person enough,you should be able to wait as long as it takes--however if the person is TOO far away to ever meet,how long you wait won't make a difference.There is such a thing as TOO far

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...