do anyone know why they changed edward's volvo color in newmoon and eclipse ?...i liked the silver one..in the four books , his car always silver..why they changed it?

Views: 2365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like the one in twilight because its the color in the book

they were giving the option and they took it because the volvo company wanted to advertise and they wanted to change the car because they wanted a car that reflected edwards mood and him and they thought this color would work better then silver and stephanie said yes i guess so i guess its ok

i hope i answered ur question 

I agree with you alli herrera! :)

I love that silver volvo in Twilight!

thanks guys...
Also Volvo stopped making the one from TW. And CW (the director of NM) said he didn't he used that darker because he didn't want the fans to think that he was trying to "fool" us or pull a fast one when we knew that it was different from the TW one. I'm not explaining it right. Watch NM with the commentary w/him & he explains it better.I think the scene when Edward first pulls up in the school parking lot.

I just found this quote from CW about the Volvo:

"I've taken a real spanking for this, a lot of heat . . . I'll tell you exactly why: Volvo wanted to give us a new, different car so I didn't want to paint it exactly the same silver color, because then [Twilighters] would be saying, 'Why are they trying to say that it's the same car; it's obviously not.' So, I thought, 'Well, I'll choose a new color!' And I thought I would choose slate black, not a reflective black, because it actually absorbs light and it would reflect the mood and melancholy and depression [of his character]. I know I got it wrong, I apologize for that. But that is my reasoning."

Got it from MTV.

I do like the Volvo XC60 though! lol. But they shouldn't have changed it lol.

Uh, I think I agree with the director with his reasons...I watched eclipse again this morning, and I saw some scenes with Black Volvo and then imagined what if it was sliver...And it was so strange!!! Cause most of the mood in eclipse was not as light, relax as twilight, sliver was too light for most of the scenes which included the Volvo car. It would emphasize the car clearly in this film but the significant  thing was not the car, it's their emotions or actions, those people. Yet I hope the color should be the same in the book, I can understand CW's considerations about the film even though he knew he was taking the risks to get lots of doubts from twilighters.

"'Well, I'll choose a new color!' And I thought I would choose slate black, not a reflective black, because it actually absorbs light and it would reflect the mood and melancholy and depression [of his character]."

hmm...i think because they gave the silver volvo to a fan in tyra banks show before :D soo they had to get a new one..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...