Hi everyone can anyone tell me why some people hate the film but love the books?????? I admittedly watched the film first, it was on a plane coming back from Athens so i didnt have much choice, but i thought WOW and downloaded it immediately then after a little research found out about the series and purchased the books, and yes there were differences but i thought the film was a lovely flowing story; they can never make it exactly the same as a book as it has to flow from one scene to the next and also make it translate to the target audience to get the revenue and stephanie had explained how georgous looking these characters were so casting would be fun and i think that summit and the director did a fantastic job as it is set in or around a high school, anyway id like to hear other people thoughts on this sometimes i wonder if its because i saw the film first that i liked it and had no preconceptions of characters etc, i did help me when reading the other books to visualise rob and Kristen playing the book out LOL

Tags: book, film, moon, new, twlight

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw the film first and im glad i did,i loved the film, and the eye candy(rob) lol
then i found out about the book,wow.the books are brill much better,the film didnt really stick to the book,they were alot of good parts in the book that would of made great scenes to watch.but as we know twilight was a low budget film that didnt expect to do as well.

but what i can say is...what iv seen of new moon it looks as though they have followed the book alot more,and you can see they have more money to spend as well.
The books are far better then the movie hands down, so much was missed out of the movie or CHANGED.. ugh.. graduation caps instead of the crucifix? completely missing the meeting in Carlisle's office going over the history of the Volturi... this should prove interesting for Bella in the movie new moon when she gets told Edward goes to Italy.. "so he went to italy so what"... cause she doesn't know !! :P ... depressing really... the books.. ALWAYS!
Hi i believe Edward explains about the volturi in the first couple of chapters in New Moon? just thought id mention LOL

Joy said:
The books are far better then the movie hands down, so much was missed out of the movie or CHANGED.. ugh.. graduation caps instead of the crucifix? completely missing the meeting in Carlisle's office going over the history of the Volturi... this should prove interesting for Bella in the movie new moon when she gets told Edward goes to Italy.. "so he went to italy so what"... cause she doesn't know !! :P ... depressing really... the books.. ALWAYS!
In the movie? mmm that explains it then how they are going to make up for that oversite.. still think it should have been left as it is in the book but eh... just my opinion.. books are always better ;)

Becky said:
Hi i believe Edward explains about the volturi in the first couple of chapters in New Moon? just thought id mention LOL

Joy said:
the book is 200% better than the movie
I saw the movie before I read the books & feel in love with it. I watched that movie at least 100 times if not more. But then I started reading the books I couldn't put down and I keep re reading them, in fact I am reading Breaking Dawn for the 7th time=) so I am definately obsessed!! and what u guys dont know about me is im not a bookworm so to speak. the last books i read was probably at school which was 15 yrs ago so it takes alot for a book to grab me.. What was nice about seeing the movie first for me was that I was able to visualise the actors from the movie in the characters of the book and they suit them well.. I LOVED THEM BOTH =0)
no i mean in the books, in new moon (the book) he tells bella about the volturi, i know as i have done a plot summary of the book for another website, i wrote them as i was reading the book summarising each chapter, i can't tell you the exact chapter as i do not have it to hand but it is in there, so they are sticking to the book

Joy said:
In the movie? mmm that explains it then how they are going to make up for that oversite.. still think it should have been left as it is in the book but eh... just my opinion.. books are always better ;)

Becky said:

Joy said:
I too, saw the movie first and then bought the books. The books are fantastic but then I love vampire folklore anyway. Edward just made the books and then picturing Rob as Edward just topped it. lol. I didn't picture Kristen as Bella when reading coz Edward was kissing me as I read it!!! lmao. (don't tell my hubby!!!!)

My biggest problem with the movie was that it didn't show how intense Bella and Edward's relationship really was. Instead of the bogus school trip they should have shown more of their relationship especially the conversations and him driving her to school everyday after he saves her in Port Angeles. I would have loved to see the 'electricity' flowing in the biology lessons when they were watching the video. I think small things like that would have made the movie better. I won't mention choice of actors............

Just my two cents. :)
USUALLY I HATE THE FILM IF I READ THE BOOK FIRST, ALWAYS SO DISAPOINTED. HOWEVER, I SAW THE TWILIGHT FILM FIRST THIS TIME AND FELL IMMEDIATELY IN LOVE WITH IT, READ THE BOOKS, 3 TIMES NOW, AND ALTHOUGH THERE ARE SOME BIG DIFFERENCES FROM PRINT TO SCREENPLAY I LOVE THOSE BOOKS SO MUCH AND WOULDN'T NECESSARILY IF I DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT VISUAL AND VOICES IN MY HEAD WHEN READING. SO THIS IS ONE TIME I DID NEED THE MOVIE FIRST TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THE BOOKS.
In books you learn more about Bella, Edward - And there feelings, a little more (; But i've think it's the same :/ I've loooove the movies!
I saw the film first and then my friend convinced me to read the books, i personally prefer the books because it goes into more detail, i don't think you can ever beat a book! i still love the film though.
okay i believe i recall it in new moon BUT.. my point was the entire area of Twilight where he takes her home, then gives her the history of the Volturi and Carlisle were in the book but missing from the movie.... they walk up the stairs... they see a crucifix instead of the silly graduation tassles.... they go to carlisles room and she is told about his time with the volturi to a small extent and the history of them....

of course after watching the VMAs.... they do this scene at the beginning of the movie...which is helpful.. the extended trailer they played made me a bit more... no no.. a LOT more anxious to see the movie ;)

Becky said:
no i mean in the books, in new moon (the book) he tells bella about the volturi, i know as i have done a plot summary of the book for another website, i wrote them as i was reading the book summarising each chapter, i can't tell you the exact chapter as i do not have it to hand but it is in there, so they are sticking to the book

Joy said:

Becky said:

Joy said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...