Hi everyone can anyone tell me why some people hate the film but love the books?????? I admittedly watched the film first, it was on a plane coming back from Athens so i didnt have much choice, but i thought WOW and downloaded it immediately then after a little research found out about the series and purchased the books, and yes there were differences but i thought the film was a lovely flowing story; they can never make it exactly the same as a book as it has to flow from one scene to the next and also make it translate to the target audience to get the revenue and stephanie had explained how georgous looking these characters were so casting would be fun and i think that summit and the director did a fantastic job as it is set in or around a high school, anyway id like to hear other people thoughts on this sometimes i wonder if its because i saw the film first that i liked it and had no preconceptions of characters etc, i did help me when reading the other books to visualise rob and Kristen playing the book out LOL

Tags: book, film, moon, new, twlight

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The books were a hundred percent better. That will never change
Hiya I read the books first and just love them and they are better than the movie. But I still adore watching the movie. I think in the book Stephenie expressed and described the characters so beautifully that everyone had their own idea of what they were like before anyone saw the movie.
i watched the movie first too din't really get into the characters to much it was ok the way it ended left it open so that sucked for me...now i like a good love story just like the next guy lol......there was some talk around about how good the books were....so i read twilight was totally hooked a few chapters in..........then couldn't put it down one right after another.........rewatched the movie it made more since this time and now have watched it so many times i can't remember a die hard twifan now........lol
i completely agree once i started reading the books i couldnt put down and i keep re reading them, definately obsessed!! and what u guys dont know about me is im not a bookworm so to speak. the last books i read was dan brown series and before that, probably at school which was 10 yrs ago so it takes alot for a book to grab me LOL oh i did read the last two harry potters to see how it ended (cringe) I have also lost count on how many times ive watched the film

J.E.B. (Jacob Edward Black) said:
i watched the movie first too din't really get into the characters to much it was ok the way it ended left it open so that sucked for me...now i like a good love story just like the next guy lol......there was some talk around about how good the books were....so i read twilight was totally hooked a few chapters in..........then couldn't put it down one right after another.........rewatched the movie it made more since this time and now have watched it so many times i can't remember a die hard twifan now........lol
ok first of all... the bks own the movie... just thought i'd get that out of the way. and second... the movie really wasnt that gd. i mean kristen stewart cannot act. at ALL!! third of all. i saw the movie the day i finished twilight, and it was so overdone at the end. i mean they never mentioned james' head being ripped off, because bella was nearly unconcious at the time. i mean i know it makes for a more dramatic end. alice destroying the one who wanted to kill her and all. but still they should've kept to the bk. it p***** me off when people do that.
I have read lots of books that were turned into movies and I am firm in saying that the books are always better. Why? Because in the books we learn more about what the characters are feeling and also their own personal stories. I saw the movie before I read the series like you, but without the personal histories of each of the Cullens mentioned in the books the movies will fall short..
book duh you can still picture rob and kristen but you can picture them more often in the book than the movie
then you don't know acting, how well do you act :[

Delica Cullen said:
ok first of all... the bks own the movie... just thought i'd get that out of the way. and second... the movie really wasnt that gd. i mean kristen stewart cannot act. at ALL!! third of all. i saw the movie the day i finished twilight, and it was so overdone at the end. i mean they never mentioned james' head being ripped off, because bella was nearly unconcious at the time. i mean i know it makes for a more dramatic end. alice destroying the one who wanted to kill her and all. but still they should've kept to the bk. it p***** me off when people do that.
ok, yo concuerdo con la gran mayoria
los libros son muuuucho mejores....
believe that what mas hate of the movie was that it was not doing justice the books ... to the first one in this case.

I understand that they did what they could with such a low budget, but when I knew that the books serian taken to the big screen, I imagine a putting in scene I am used harry potter.

The effects were poor enough ... was very sad
For example Ed's skin in the Sun!!! it frightful in the movie betweenother details.

But equally I like me, it achieves to transmit this feeling of love, which is clearly the point of the whole history, the cast could not have been better...

no era lo que esperabamos pero igual y la amamos, Catherine nos regalo el mejor Edward que pudo existir !! creo que hubiera sido todo un fiasco si nos hubieran desepcionado los personajes, afortunadamente no fue asi y the twilight saga sigue llenandose de exitosss
wii wiii XD
Well, I sometimes think things come down to timing...
I started Twilight & couldn't get into it - I was just too tired, then too busy to pick it back up. Plus, I am not a vampire fan in general - so I wasn't sure what all the hype was about. I just knew everyone at my work was crazy over the books ~ that is all anyone was talking about. Then, when Twilight was set to come out - they were talking "midnight showing" and "day off of work" and "advance purchasing for tickets"...etc.
I eventually saw the movie...I liked it ~ & thought Rob was awesome!. So essentially, because of the movie I felt it was worth giving the book another go. And of course, I was hooked. I read the series in four days. Thankfully it was a long weekend!
I love the series because we learn so much MORE about Edward & Bella (& ok - even Jacob) ~ but I sincerely feel that the movie really compliments the books. I honestly don't know if the movie wasn't AS good as it was, if I ever would have picked up Twilight again. Seriously - the movie can't be that bad - it has raked in major $$$ & awards & set up the main actors for future sucess in film.
That is how good the movie is. Anyone else looking forward to New Moon?
i first read the books and i loved them sooooo much that i reread them in my spare time but when i saw the movie i was so disappointed...well ok, at first i was excited because i saw few things from the book coming to life and it was cool, but then when i watched the movie for the second and third and (...) time i noticed the bad points of the movie, how they change so many important things from the book and others that didn't even put in the movie! especially with the meadow scene -that was aweful!
i really look forward to New Moon and i hope to be better than Twilight :) fingers cross for that :)
ALWAYS THE BOOKS ARE BETTER.IT IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE U SET UR OWN RULES ON THE SCENE.& AT HARRY POTTER I LOVE READING AT THE BOOKS BECAUSE THEY ARE MUCH BETTER.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...