Part 3- Here it is. Thanks for all the compliments on the previous stories. I can't wait to see what you all think! I look forward to the comments

My stomach was full of butterflies as we drove to my house just outside of Forks. There was only about an hour left of driving, and for the first time I wished we lived further away. Like somewhere on the East Coast, perhaps.
I was so worried how to act in front of my parents when I got home. What would they think of this new development? I looked over at Jacob driving and he looked perfectly at ease. He glanced away from the road momentarily to look at me.
“Will you just relax?” he said smiling. “It will be fine. This isn’t as big a deal as you think it is, you know. You really should trust me a little more.”
I rolled my eyes at him, annoyed.
“Easy for you to say. You aren’t the only miracle child of two dangerous vampires,” I retorted.
He threw his head back laughing.
“It’ll be fine, Ness. Don’t worry. It isn’t like you’re bringing home a new boyfriend for the first time. I’m sure they’ll approve. Besides, this was inevitable, remember?” He teased.
“Just do your best to control your thoughts when we get there, okay Jake?” I warned him. “Let’s not give him any visuals.”
I sighed at the thought of my complete embarrassment as my father got the full instant replay of us kissing in the car as he plucked it out of Jacob’s head. I could block my thoughts from him but Jacob’s mind was an open book unless he was making an effort to think of something else.
Jacob reached over and took my hand in his.
“I have more control than you give me credit for,” he said defensively. “My brain may not have the same super self control as yours, but I can certainly think about something inconsequential for an hour or two”
I laughed a little at his description of my gift.
“Control huh? I wouldn’t go as far as to say that.” I said.
“Well whatever it is….” He trailed off momentarily. “I never really asked you before but now that we are on the subject….how does it work, exactly?” he asked.

I looked out the window thinking. I didn’t know where to start. I never really had to explain it before.
“Well, it’s not that simple to explain” I told him. “It changes. When I was a baby it was the easiest way to communicate. If I wasn’t paying attention, my thoughts would flow over to whoever I would touch. As I got older I found I could do it more selectively without having to concentrate on not doing it.”
I stopped for a second to make sure this all made sense to him.
Jake nodded urging me to go on. Of course, he could follow, and I was sure this much hadn’t gone unnoticed on his part. He had been with me practically every day since I was born.
“Well, now I have a much stronger command of my thoughts,” I continued. ”For the most part, I never transfer them unless I choose to. I slip sometimes if I have a heightened emotion. Like if I’m really happy, or upset, or angry-“
“Or when I kiss you,” he interjected
I looked down and smiled sheepishly. “Yes, I suppose that qualifies. It’s embarrassing though. I’ll try to work on keeping that under control, sorry.”
He didn’t respond right away so I looked up at him to read his face. His expression was still teasing.
“What?” I demanded.
“Sorry, I didn’t mean for you to take it that way. Actually, I especially liked that part. Guys are always worried about what girls think of their kissing expertise. It is good to know I have such a dizzying effect on you. It does wonders for my ego.” He explained with a laugh. His grin stretched across his face flashing his white teeth.

I made a face at him and looked away. Uncontrollably, my mind wandered back to that moment and quickly realized that he was right.
“Just out of curiosity….does one of those wonders happen to be modesty?” I ventured.
He chuckled and kissed the top of my hand.
“Nope.” He answered jokingly.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I was irritated I would not have been able to stop staring at him. It felt strange that he looked so different to me now. It was like looking at a different person. I loved how the muscles in his arms flexed when he gripped the steering wheel, and how his white cotton t-shirt stretched across his sculpted body. I wanted to reach across and run my hand down the length of his arm, but thought better of it. That would not be ideal considering I was just saying how I was going to work on keeping those types of thoughts under wraps for now.
I moved to get the conversation back on track.
“What was I saying?” I hedged
“Oh, you were talking about the unyielding command you have on your thoughts,” he replied sarcastically.
“Right, well aside from that, I can also transfer thoughts that aren’t really what I am actually thinking.”
“So, you mean like pretend thoughts?” He asked confused. “Why would you want to do that?”
I looked at him nervously. I wasn’t sure how he’d react to the next part.
“Well, I didn’t know I was doing it at first. I just noticed that my Dad wasn’t able to hear my thoughts if I didn’t want him to. I didn’t realize that I was using a different part of my brain to think of something completely different, but yet thinking of everything all at the same time. But then, after a while, I started to notice both.
Jacob still looked composed so I kept going.

“I finally worked up the nerve to tell dad about it one day, but of course he had picked up on it right from the start. He told me it was normal for talents of vampires to evolve and get stronger over time, and since I’m half vampire he imagined that it would also apply to me on some level. It wasn’t till just recently that it morphed into something more.”

I looked at him again and he raised one eyebrow at me. I didn’t want to ruin a perfect afternoon by freaking him out.
“Keep going,” he said evenly but I could see the edge creeping into his voice. I took a deep breath and continued.
“I found that if I thought hard enough on a certain thought or what I wanted I could transfer that to someone if I touched them, and they would do whatever I was thinking.”

That did it. Jacob’s eyes flew wide open and he looked at me like he was going to loose it. Tremors rocked his body so hard I could feel the vibration across the car in my seat.
“What the-?!” he exploded.
“Are you telling me you have mind control? That’s insane!”
I kept quiet trying to give him time to calm down. When his breathing slowed and his tone became more even he glanced at me from the corner of his eye.
“Does Edward know? Do you do that to me? “He asked sequentially at if it was one question.
“Yes, dad and Carlisle were the first to know. They had me practice it with both of them, but it is more a persuasion than control, unless I really concentrate.”

Jacob looked like he may relapse into hysterics so I hurried to get the next part out.
“You know how they are…the Dr. and the Scholar? They thought it was fascinating. Carlisle thinks I have a dual talent, which he has never heard of.
My ability to block my thoughts acts as a shield, but I can also use my gift as an offensive skill if I need to. And NO I have never, and will never use it on you, I swear. I don’t use it on anyone in our family…or any of our friends either. Besides, even if I was some kind of mind control freak I’d get caught.” I explained.
“Oh really, how?” he huffed.
“ My dad would know. He’s the only one who can tell when I’m doing it. I can’t block my thoughts from him and transfer the fabricated ones at the same time. Anyway, it’s not that I’m not allowed-more that I don’t want to do it. It’s kind of a trippy.”

I looked down at my hands ashamed. I had known about this for over a year, but was keeping it a secret. I didn’t want the people closest to me not to trust me. My family has their powerful talents so they took it in stride, but I was worried about how Jacob would react.
He took a deep breath and smiled half-heartedly.
“Well….I guess it isn’t that different than what Jasper does….and that’s not so bad.” he surmised.
“True” I said relieved. “Except Jasper can use his gift from a distance and I have to actually touch someone. I can’t project like he can.”
“Whatever, just don’t do it to me, okay?” he said seriously.
“Okay, I promise”
I could see our driveway up ahead and worked diligently on getting my head together. The twinge of nervousness crept back into my stomach as Jacob pulled in the garage and took the key out of the ignition.
“Do you think they have anything to eat inside? I’m starving” Jacob said as he walked me to the door.
“Yes. I’m sure once mom and dad are finished with us there will be plenty of ‘dead meat’ to go around.” I joked.
“Nah, don’t worry. They have been angry at me for worse before. It’ll be okay,” he assured me.
His confidence didn’t help one bit. I put my shaking hand over the doorknob and walked inside to face our doom………

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG PLEASE WRITE MORE

TELL ME WHEN YOU WRITE THE NEXT PART

THANKS
When Edward and Bella finde out i think heads are going to role lol.
Oops. The rest didn't paste...I fixed it. Sorry!

Alice cullen said:
WHY WHY WHY did you end in the middle of a sentence! lol.... I didnt comment on the other parts because I just couldnt. I needed to move on and read the next part... Well this is amazing!
thanks for putting more
plzplzplzplzplzplzplzpzplzplzplzplzpzlplzplzplzplz finish!!!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeaaasssseeee!!!!!! pretty pretty please with sparkles on top!!!!!!!!!!
Please continue I no these must take u ages as I write my own lyrics about twilight and they take me forever but worth it I would put them up but I don't have confidence too so would just like to say I really appreciate these snippits there incredible I really hope stephenie decides to carry on with the twilight saga but it doing an amazing job filling her shoes please don't bring an eclipse on these storys haha x
I feel like I'm reading a real Twilight series book!
gotta keep reading....
AWESOME story
Omg can't wait for part 4!!!!!!!
I am loving this so much... Thanx again...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...