Here is part 4 for all of you who asked. I hope you like it! Thanks for all the comments and I can't wait to hear what you think. The previous entries are posted on my page. Thanks!!!

The door opened and most of my family was already home. Alice and Jasper were watching TV and Mom was curled up on the love seat reading a book.
“Hey guys, how was the bonfire?” she called as we made our way into the living room.
Jacob plopped down in the open space in the sofa next to Jasper and put his feet up on the coffee table.
“What’s up man?” Jasper said as they bumped fists.
“Not too much…hey shorty,” he said looking down the couch to Alice.

How could he look so nonchalant? It felt like I was going to jump out of my skin at any given second and we had just walked in. I looked over at my mother hoping my face didn’t give me away. I wanted to bring this subject up myself rather than going before the inquisition.
“It was amazing. I replied. “Those stories are like magic the way they tell them.” I was hoping she’d take the edge in my voice as excitement rather than nerves.
“Where’s dad?” I asked. I wanted to get this out of the way as soon as possible. Jacob looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. Apparently, he didn’t think I would be so eager to condemn us.
“Right here,” he said. I turned to see him walking down the stairs smiling. The nerves in my stomach made me feel woozy. I hadn’t intended to have this conversation in front of an audience. I bit down on my bottom lip.
“Hey Nessie, did you have fun?” he asked as he walked over and kissed the top of my head.
“Yep, it was great.” The hysteria was climbing up my spine threatening to give me away, so I took a deep breath to steady myself.
“Hey Edward. Seth says hi.” Jacob chimed in. No hint of nerves in his voice. He looked over at me and smiled reassuringly.
Dad walked around the love seat and took his seat beside mom.
“Well tell him I said hello as well. It’s strange not having them around all the time. Maybe next time we’re in Forks to visit Charlie we can get together. How are he and Leah doing?”
They began to prattle on about the Clearwater’s and Billy- pretty much the entire Quiluete tribe- then Jacob gave him a play by play recap of the stories at the bonfire. I was about to lose it. I caught Jacob’s eye and shot him a pleading look.
Dad caught our exchange and looked to me questioningly.
“Are you okay? Why don’t you have a seat, you’ve been standing in the same place since you got here.” he asked.
I hadn’t noticed I had been standing till he mentioned it.
“I’m okay,” I assured him, “but I have to tell you something.” I could hear my voice shaking.
He raised his eyebrows expectantly. Jasper turned the volume on the TV down and he and Alice looked over at me. Mom put her book down and stared at me as well.
“Yes?”
My brain almost hurt as I worked to keep my thoughts under control but it was hard. My skin felt like it was crawling. I took another breath and opened my mouth to speak but no sound came out.
“What is it, love?” he urged. “You have my undivided attention.”
The rush of words came out so fast it hardly made any sense.
“Well, I just want to start by saying that this is my fault and I intend to take full responsibility for everything. It all happened so fast……I never thought that…..please don’t me mad, okay? It just that…well you know how I changed so quickly…well this is kind of like that…I mean, I not really….it’s more like I think it was there the whole time….well maybe not the whole time but-“
Jacob let out an exasperated sigh and looked over at my father meaningfully. Dad cocked his head to the side obviously listening to Jacob’s thoughts. A look of recognition flashed on his face and then something else I couldn’t quite place.
“Oh. Hmm, well that is something” he said half to himself.
Betrayed I looked over at Jacob. He just smiled and winked at me out of the corner of his eye. Had he lost his mind? I had seen the two of them go at it before. I was sure my father would rip his arms off for sure this time.

“For God’s sake sit down Renesmee!” dad ordered. “Nobody is going to rip anything from anyone today.” So much for controlling my thoughts, I thought.
“What is going on?” mom demanded. Jasper and Alice were looking around nervously. I sat on the edge of the recliner obediently.
“There has been somewhat of a new development.” he explained calmly. “It appears that the inevitable situation we have been anticipating has arrived” he looked at my mother like she should know exactly what he meant. Her amber eyes flew open wide and she snapped her head over to stare me in incredulously.
“Already?!” he asked in disbelief.
I was so mortified all I could do was nod. I looked down shamefully letting my hair fall down to shield my face.
There was nothing but silence in the room. I finally looked up and she, Dad and Jacob were all looking at me with different expressions. We were in so much trouble- I could feel it. I felt like I had red hot pins and needles going over my whole body.
“How much trouble am I in?” I whispered.
Dad’s face flickered with disappointment which was even worse than anger, and looked over at my mother hoping to find the words.
“I didn’t expect this so quickly. I thought a year or two more and then maybe….” She trailed off and her gaze shifted over to Jacob. Her expression was less then friendly.
“We know how you feel about her but I thought we agreed that you wouldn’t encourage this. You said you’d let it happen naturally, at her own pace.” Her voice was growing angrier as she continued. Alice and Jasper murmured some unintelligible excuse excusing themselves from the room
“She just finished maturing for the most part a little over a year ago for crying out loud, and already you’re putting together your agenda. If you did this on purpose I swear I’ll really take your head off this time. How could you?!” she was on her feet now and nearly yelling.
“Bella, sit down love,” my dad stood up and put his hands on her shoulders forcing her back to the love seat. Once she had calmed down he looked over at Jacob as well.

“I know you always have her best interest at heart and that is why we have been so understanding up until now, but this is different, Jacob. I thought you agreed to honor your commitment to mine and Bella’s wishes not to perpetuate the situation?” his tone was even but very disapproving. He didn’t even glance in my direction when he spoke. This wasn’t fair for Jacob to have to take all the heat for me.
“Dad, I-“he put his hand up motioning me to be quiet.

Jacob had been very calm through the whole exchange but now his face turned defensive. He pulled his arms down from behind his head and held his two enormous hands out in front of him.
“I didn’t encourage or perpetuate anything,” he explained. “What type of person do you think I am? As if this whole situation isn’t hard enough- you think I’d add another obstacle just for the hell of it? I have never had any ulterior motives. All I want is what is best for her and for her to be happy.” He looked over at my dad and continued.
“You know that’s true.” he protested “and you had to see this coming little by little over the past few months. I mean, she didn’t really know it until just this morning but she knows now. But, you had to have seen it, Edward? The way she misses me when I’m gone, or just the way she looks at me for God’s sake!”

That was it- he’d gone too far and we were going to die. I looked over at my dad bracing myself for the eruption of sheer rage that would shatter us both, but it never came. I looked around the room hoping he wouldn’t break any of Esme’s priceless pieces she had collected over time.
He caught my gaze and shot me a frustrated look.
“There is really no need to be so dramatic, Rensemee. I don’t like what he’s saying but it’s true.” he said.
I heard my mother grunt under her breath. I really had to work on controlling my thoughts in stressful situations.
“I knew this would happen eventually but I think I was caught off guard by the suddenness of it all,” he said resigned but he continued to stare at Jacob threateningly and kept his voice so low for the next part I had to strain to hear.
“I expect you to a gentlemen at all times, no matter what. Just because I understand it doesn’t mean I won’t be watching. I know you love her and the imprinting compels you to put her first, but you are still a man, after all. You WILL be honorable every second you spend with her. Do I make myself clear?” he was absolutely frightening.
Jacob, almost never without a smart comment, looked at him solemnly and agreed.

This was insane. I didn’t know if I was more relieved or embarrassed. Had they really expected this to happen? No wonder Jacob was so confident in the car. Apparently, this ‘situation’ had already been discussed before. At least we weren’t in trouble. In fact, it seemed this was some sort of bizarre blessing. I mean, it wasn’t like they were turning back flips or anything….they were still parents. The afternoon ended quickly after our discussion and everyone seemed spent from the conversation. Jacob and I went out for a walk.

My entire life and perspective on life had changed in less than one full day and my head was spinning. I couldn’t imagine what would happen next…..

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

love it!!...it's get better and better

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...