Has Twilight become nothing but a mere movie in everyone's eyes?

The movie was not even close to the brilliant depicturing, writing, details, dialogue, of our beloved series. Who can honestly say they love the movie more than the book its self? If you can....you can not truly call yourself a twifan! The movie took out so much that its a shame really.....the acting could of been alot better and it moves fast through the parts that give you the information.....we didn't get the information about Carlisle....we didn't get to hear all the questioning between Bella and Edward....we didn't get the "scary story" Jacob tells Bella on the beach......=( but don't get me wrong i did enjoy the movie i just believe that the actual books are better and that everyone is too into the movie now and that everyone's main focus is the movie and not the series anymore!

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree my expectations are high for new moon too i really hope they do a fantastic job. I don't hate or dislike the movie either but i believe we the twifans could of created a much better twilight movie than the one we have.....but of course the movie would of probably been like ummmm what 5 maybe 10 hours long cuz we couldn't leave one detail out hahaha =D and i'm sorry to say this but the acting could of been better....and i didn't like how the Cullen's (Rose, Emmett, Edward, Alice and Jasper) ate at lunch at school they didn't in the book but in the movie they did come on why would they even add that? lol. I swear every where I go I see people that have all the Twilight gear.....and i ask them whether they've actually read the series and it surprising to see how many people can call themselves twilight fans when they cant even read the series......Then they'll give the excuses like ohhhhh i dont have time to read the books......but yet they can sit down and watch the movie numberous times. If i had a choice I'd rather read the books all day then watch the movie over and over all day! Has everyone just suddenly said well I'd rather watch a movie than read.....so that just happens to mean the Twilight movie is better than the book?!?!?!?! Ughhhhh i hate it!!!!!!

Alice cullen said:
i totally agree with you... you cant call yourself a twifan unless you like the books better... yes of course i liked the movie too.. but the books have so much more detail and i cant beileve that they rushed through all the info parts of the movie.. no story from jake.. no questions from bella... and the meadow they had... um it was supposed to be bigger and have a stream and rounded..
I dont want to sound like i hate the movie..
or sound like im dissing the movie
i just thought they could have put more in or did better with it.
my expectations are high for new moon... im keeping my fingers crossed that they will do a better job!

Alice cullen
I totally agree with what you say about the Cullens eating, even on the director's commentary they mentioned they shouldn't have been eating...so why didn't they stop them?! It is SO frustrating. I kind of understand that they have to cut parts out to make the film as it would be too long, but why do they have time to ADD stuff in that never existed in the first place?! Like the greenhouse scene and they even invented a few characters. Grrrr!
Ahhhhh I agree I hate the greehouse scene......It wasn't in the books so why in the earth add it i would of loved to have at least the blood typing day in the movie =( and in my opinion i didn't exactly like the bedroom scene when Edward shows Bella his bedroom for the first time, i wanted Edward to be playful like in the book where he pretty throws Bella and himself onto the couch and Alice comes in (with Jasper behind her) saying it sounds like Edward was having Bella for a snack and wondering if he would share. lol I thought that scene was so cuuutteee!!!!

Howley said:
I totally agree with what you say about the Cullens eating, even on the director's commentary they mentioned they shouldn't have been eating...so why didn't they stop them?! It is SO frustrating. I kind of understand that they have to cut parts out to make the film as it would be too long, but why do they have time to ADD stuff in that never existed in the first place?! Like the greenhouse scene and they even invented a few characters. Grrrr!
The books will always be my favorite too the movie compared to the books is sad but thats just my opinion.

Jordan Cullen said:
I know, it is really saddening!! I thought the movie was okay, but the books is where you can feel all the emotions. In the book, Edward and Bella's love is portrayed so much clearer and you can really get into it. I loved the books because they are the real thing. The movies are good, but the books will always be number 1 in my heart. Not that mine works any more, but you get it. True twifans will agree with the rest of us.
I feel sorry for anyone who hasnt read these books....!!!Its a shame that this beautiful story had to be diluted down for hollywood but thats the way it is....if every detail,description and character analysis was done properly the movie would be like 6+ hours long....not that anyone of us would complain :) I have read the books over and over and I fall in love with them everytime.Im not a hypocrite I love the movie love Robert Pattinson as Edward and the entire cast.Im not usually fanatical about many things with the Twilight saga is up there and I love Stephenie Meyer for writing them..I will always stay loyal to the books first but of course the movie is very cool and cant wait for NM lets see if Chris Weitz will be more detailed than Catherine Hardwick....?Time will tell :)
Yeah the blood typing scene would have been amazing, perhaps they secretly filmed Midnight Sun at the same time and haven't let on...it might be in that so we could see Edward sitting in his car in a mood :P Film people should hire TRUE fans of the books, after all we are the people who they are aiming the movie at!!

Savanna Cullen said:
Ahhhhh I agree I hate the greehouse scene......It wasn't in the books so why in the earth add it i would of loved to have at least the blood typing day in the movie =( and in my opinion i didn't exactly like the bedroom scene when Edward shows Bella his bedroom for the first time, i wanted Edward to be playful like in the book where he pretty throws Bella and himself onto the couch and Alice comes in (with Jasper behind her) saying it sounds like Edward was having Bella for a snack and wondering if he would share. lol I thought that scene was so cuuutteee!!!!

Howley said:
I don't like the movie BETTER than the book...but I do love the movie! It's great to see a lot of the scenes from the book portrayed on the big screen. Of course, the book is absolutely stunning and wonderful, and I'd never say that I love the movie more than the book...the movie left out so much valuable info! Of course, you can only fit so much info into a two hour film...so you can't expect miracles...but there are so many scenes that were left out from the book that I wish they would have included.
Yes its true they were limited on time in the movie, but to add scenes that aren't in the book instead of adding actual information for the actual book is a horrible shame......but i do admit i love the part where the Cullen's are making dinner for Bella and Rosalie crushes the bowl of salad lol =D
I absolutely adore the Saga. I can't seem to get enough of it. I just finished my tenth trip through and I still find it next to impossible to put it down, cause I gotta see what happens next even though I KNOW what happens next. LOL

I love the movie too. Not anywhere near as good as the books, but it has Rob and I can watch it in two hours. LOL

I almost didn't see the movie. At first, I wasn't going to watch the movie. I was afraid it would ruin it for me as they sometimes do. And Robert Pattinson, though a very beautiful man, wasn't what I pictured as Edward. (Though Kristen Stuart was exactly how I pictured Bella) I discovered that the movie and Robert had Stephanie Meyer's stamp of approval. So I decided to put it on my NetFlix. I don't go see alot of movies in the theatre because I can't afford it. I got lucky and got my Netflix rental two days after it was released on DVD. I kept it for two weeks. I usually return movies as soon as I can get them watched and back in the mail. The only other movie I've done this with is Repo the Genetic Opera.

The movie was Fan-freakin-tastic! It kept with the heart of the book, which is what I look for when I watch a movie adapted from a book. I was completely wrong about Rob of course. He's the perfect Edward! I thought the movie was well acted and their were many subtle performances. Now, there were a few things in the movie that they could have done better. The movie seemed alot angstier than the book, but that's not really it. The angst in the book seemed less because it was broken with light-heartedness. And some things that were in the book, they so could have kept in the movie. For instance, the whole Tyler prom thing. In the movie, after Edward saves Bella in Port Angeles, he asks her to distract him and she tells him to put on his seat belt (A little lame), but he reacts like Edward in the book and laughs like he can't believe she said that. In the book when she contempates running over Tyler that makes sense, but not for put on your seatbelt. Also, I didn't care for the way they did the reveal that Edward sparkles. I know they were crunched for time, but in the book, Edward revealing that much of himself was a way that they bonded, showing Bella's wonder at him. In the movie, it was like, "You need to see what I look like in the sun 'cause I'm a big ol' freak." Not exactly the same emotional impact. Though it was fun to see Edward sparkle and they pulled off the rest of the scene beautifully. I know that they can't do everything that's in the book or the movie would be 14 hours long and some things don't transfer from page to screen well. For instance, the movie did a fabulous job introducing the Cullens when Edward takes Bella home to meet his family. I loved the Kitchen scene. This is not at all how the scene went in the book, but for its medium it was much better than if they had tried to stay exactly like the book. I also got a major kick out of seeing vampires playing baseball. They made a mistake putting Victoria in the Prom scene when Bella and Edward entered. He so would have smelled her. And why weren't the other Cullens at the Prom? My only other complaint was that we didn't get to see enough of Alice or the special bond she has with Edward and later Bella. The other real star was Billy Burke. He shined as Charlie!
YOU ARE RIGHT.WHEN I FIRST HEARD ABOUT THE TWILIGHT SERIES I DIDNT WANT TO READ THE BOOKS. MY FRIENDS TOLD ME TO BUT I JUST WANTED TO SEE THE MOVIE. WHEN I SAW IT I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS TERRIBLE. I BOUGHT THE BOOK THE NEXT DAY. I KNEW THAT THERE HAD TO BE SOMETHING BETTER THAN THIS AND EVER SINCE I STARTED THE SERIES I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO PUT THE BOOK DOWN.
Yes, I agree you totally broke down alot of the minior details.......but in my opinion the acting needed work because they didn't exactly act they way the characters would of it seems like acting to me not exactly real. I was so disappointed when they didn't add the little stuff like the whole how Bella had to distract Edward in the car.....when i went to see the movie with my friends i sat next to a couple who hadn't read it on one side then the almost as crazy about twilight as me friends on the other and i was pretty much whispering along with the lines.....but in the car i poked my friends and said the lines for how our beloved Bella was planning the kill Tyler but of course it wasn't in there and of course my friends made fun of me lol. I truely loved the kitchen scene and the baseball scene i thought Alice was soooooo cute =D but they had the timing off i mean when Alice saw them coming Edward was supposed to notice it at exactly the same time and rush to Bella but it didnt exactly go down like that......that was just ughhhhh i hated it soooo much!!!! And i hated how they did the meadow i mean Bella didn't just follow Edward into the forest from the school and etc..... I hated how they acted that scene out...... I disliked how instead of Edward trying to explain how strong her blood is to him he just blurted out "your blood is like heroin to me" or whatever the exact quote is....... I love love love the choice of character for Carlisle, Rosalie,Esme, Alice, Victoria, James, Charlie, Billy, and Jacob(except i pictured him differently), Rob was a good pick but i thought his acting could of been better and Kristin was a pretty good choice too i pictured her exactly like that. I wish they had more time to add in all the little things and i really hate how we didn't get Carlisle's story or Jacob's or they didn't even mention the fact that Jasper can control feelings...... And i would of loved more Alice she's soooo cute.....but her hair wasnt black not that I'm complaining i think she completely adorable with that color!!!!!

Lori White said:
I absolutely adore the Saga. I can't seem to get enough of it. I just finished my tenth trip through and I still find it next to impossible to put it down, cause I gotta see what happens next even though I KNOW what happens next. LOL

I love the movie too. Not anywhere near as good as the books, but it has Rob and I can watch it in two hours. LOL

I almost didn't see the movie. At first, I wasn't going to watch the movie. I was afraid it would ruin it for me as they sometimes do. And Robert Pattinson, though a very beautiful man, wasn't what I pictured as Edward. (Though Kristen Stuart was exactly how I pictured Bella) I discovered that the movie and Robert had Stephanie Meyer's stamp of approval. So I decided to put it on my NetFlix. I don't go see alot of movies in the theatre because I can't afford it. I got lucky and got my Netflix rental two days after it was released on DVD. I kept it for two weeks. I usually return movies as soon as I can get them watched and back in the mail. The only other movie I've done this with is Repo the Genetic Opera.

The movie was Fan-freakin-tastic! It kept with the heart of the book, which is what I look for when I watch a movie adapted from a book. I was completely wrong about Rob of course. He's the perfect Edward! I thought the movie was well acted and their were many subtle performances. Now, there were a few things in the movie that they could have done better. The movie seemed alot angstier than the book, but that's not really it. The angst in the book seemed less because it was broken with light-heartedness. And some things that were in the book, they so could have kept in the movie. For instance, the whole Tyler prom thing. In the movie, after Edward saves Bella in Port Angeles, he asks her to distract him and she tells him to put on his seat belt (A little lame), but he reacts like Edward in the book and laughs like he can't believe she said that. In the book when she contempates running over Tyler that makes sense, but not for put on your seatbelt. Also, I didn't care for the way they did the reveal that Edward sparkles. I know they were crunched for time, but in the book, Edward revealing that much of himself was a way that they bonded, showing Bella's wonder at him. In the movie, it was like, "You need to see what I look like in the sun 'cause I'm a big ol' freak." Not exactly the same emotional impact. Though it was fun to see Edward sparkle and they pulled off the rest of the scene beautifully. I know that they can't do everything that's in the book or the movie would be 14 hours long and some things don't transfer from page to screen well. For instance, the movie did a fabulous job introducing the Cullens when Edward takes Bella home to meet his family. I loved the Kitchen scene. This is not at all how the scene went in the book, but for its medium it was much better than if they had tried to stay exactly like the book. I also got a major kick out of seeing vampires playing baseball. They made a mistake putting Victoria in the Prom scene when Bella and Edward entered. He so would have smelled her. And why weren't the other Cullens at the Prom? My only other complaint was that we didn't get to see enough of Alice or the special bond she has with Edward and later Bella. The other real star was Billy Burke. He shined as Charlie!
Movies will never be better than the books they were derived from. Especially if you are an avid reader because you have a very good imaginatio and your own imaginings will always be better (for you, maybe not the next person) than someone else's imaginations, including a movie's director.

For an adaptation of a book, I think Twilight was very well done. They can't have everything in the movie because it would be 4 hours long and it would not be a good movie.

I think Hardwicke did a great job getting the heart of the book to the movie. I'm older than most of y'all, and t has been a long time since my first love, but Meyers' story of Bella's first love made me feel that way again, which s a miracle. And Hardwicke was able to translate that to film, which I think is another miracle.

We all have scenes we wish would have been in the movie (for me, it's when Bella and Edward are playing the "truth-myth" game...I thought it showed the tentative willingness for both to take risks, Bella to risk finding out something she'd rathe not know, and Edward to risk letting someone else know the truth about what he was, when he so loathed what he was).

But I think the movie stands without it. The heart of the story is that it is about a young woman who falls in love with the ultimate outcast and, despite all odds, their love survives and grows. It does this because of Bella's unconditional love for Edward, and his unconditional trust in her and her love for him.

Those two charcters are at their most vulnerable in this situation, and I think the movie captures that very well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...