Has Twilight become nothing but a mere movie in everyone's eyes?

The movie was not even close to the brilliant depicturing, writing, details, dialogue, of our beloved series. Who can honestly say they love the movie more than the book its self? If you can....you can not truly call yourself a twifan! The movie took out so much that its a shame really.....the acting could of been alot better and it moves fast through the parts that give you the information.....we didn't get the information about Carlisle....we didn't get to hear all the questioning between Bella and Edward....we didn't get the "scary story" Jacob tells Bella on the beach......=( but don't get me wrong i did enjoy the movie i just believe that the actual books are better and that everyone is too into the movie now and that everyone's main focus is the movie and not the series anymore!

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ITA w/ you as well. I've had the whole series since February and I finished it in two days. Since then, I've read it about 7 times. The theme of pure love, gentlemanly love and all that, is what draws me in everytime. It is like nothing I would have thought to have read in the YA section in this nasty age of Gossip Girl and NYC Prep. I am truly repulsed by many Edward's action (stalking, possessiveness, neediness, overprotection) yet sympathetic at the same time. He may be 108 years old, but he is still 17 and some of his actions complimented both sides of him. This is a girl who he should not be in love with and yet he does fall hard. As wise as he is and as perfect as he look, and even though he's not human, he was a human which mean he's fallible which is a beautiful theme in itself. He is one of the most complex creatures of the literary world.

I don't dislike the movie, but I dislike the drama that some of these fans bring to this series. They are the ones who make it even worse because they feed into the Hollywood machine. We all have crushes on our favorite celebrities, but my mother would have slapped me if I cried just because I saw Gavin DeGraw's hand. She would have killed me if she found me giving these strangers my underwear, breast, or any other body part to sign. These characters aren't real people. This movie is not real. Robert Pattinson IS REAL. And he doesn't want you. He's an actor. It's his job to be appealing when necessary. But what do we know about him outside of the tabloids? And better yet, why let this man be the center of a series that initally had nothing to do with him in the first place?

I'm sure he's a good bloke and all that jazz, but I'm really upset that there are parents who are letting their young girls and boys act like this. And the adult women that I saw in that crowd that almost killed him should also be ashamed of themselves. I don't know. I don't think anything is worth being obsessed over unless they can get you into heaven.

i>cite>Savvy Cullen said:
I extremely and totally agree with you her writing does have repetition and i understand how you felt about it sadly i have read the series too many times because I loved the characters and the theme and the feel of it because for me the series was very different from what I was used to reading, but now with all the crazy movie fans and the insanely over the top crazy girls that are 'in love' with RP and all the people that call themselves fans but cant spare anytime to actually read the series, have truly made me sick of the series! They have ruined the beauty of the series for me so much that I'm taking a break from it and reading another series called Maximum Ride by James Patterson and I love it soooooooo much the characters are amazing and next year there's going to be a Maximum Ride movie and I truly am scared that the series will be ruined by the movie i hope not
UGH hello..... no offense but we all read the series... now there are movies.... a lot of us have read the series numerous times.. whats wrong with being excited with seeing it brought to life? Twilight the movie was definitely not the best, it was good and but it could of have been better, BUT keep in mind it was shot very fast, no budget, and not a lot of prep time for the actors, I truly believe that now that the actors really know the impact this movie is going to have that they will perform a lot better and that it will be played out better this time around. Bottom line people that are attached to this series, want to see it brought it to life.
and another thing.... there aren't RULES to being a fan of a series, including the movies that follow. Why turn such a great thing into rules... and whos better? BLAH This is one thing that makes it suck, people always say they hate when stuff gets trendy, well this is the reason.
I am a reader first before a movie watcher though I do love both of forms of escapism for sure. I'm all for film adaptations of a book if they are done well. I throughly enjoyed the Twilight movie knowing that it wasn't going to be everything that the book was. And I accepted that because I don't think they expected the movie to be that big of a deal to be honest. That's fine. But at the end of the day millions of people did purchase and proceeded to fall in love with this series and it is the task of the people who desire these books to be films to do right by Stephenie and of course her fans who ( and lets remember this is a business) made her and everyone else involved with this series very rich. I think the vast majority of Twilight fans are smart, rational, and hard working human beings who love a good book and a good movie on any given day.

There is nothing wrong with being excited to see the movie put to film. But there is a difference between jumping on a bandwagon of excitement because it's the hot new thing to like, which let's face it teenagers are known to do. There is also a line that needs to be drawn with these fans who think it's acceptable to stalk and chase these actors down simply because they are "soooo cute!"

I am a person who tackles everything she likes, does, and believe in with passion. Buffy was my world growing up and I wrote fanfic, joined chat groups, and collected memorbilla and even got my grams and mom hooked on the show. I know this sounds selfish and really mean but to protect the integrity and quality of a masterpiece there should be some fandom rules or else hollywood will do whatever they want.

Catherine Hardwicke said that when she got first script from Twilight, Bella was a track star. Of course MTV Films was involved at the time so enough said. Had she would not have been a major fan of the book and respected the fact that book was fine the way it was to translate to film, Twilight would have been a disaster and none of those actors so perfect for the roles now, would have never been in it for sure.

This is why LOTR came out perfectly. Peter Jackson understood those books and respected Tolkien. It rang loud and clear in each movie. And the true fans respected that.

Sarah said:
and another thing.... there aren't RULES to being a fan of a series, including the movies that follow. Why turn such a great thing into rules... and whos better? BLAH This is one thing that makes it suck, people always say they hate when stuff gets trendy, well this is the reason.
As you are wrong! At us in Russia many love Twilight. At us and the fan-clubs darkness! To me who from one world with heroes of books and film became simple to talk interestingly to you, those. Did not think, that you so simply divide bad - because loves film, good as loves books. For everyone should be important, that people have grown fond of the book, or film, as that and another has learned them in this life to something. In fact in my opinion for this purpose literary works and masterpieces of cinema also are created. Also notice, the cinema is author's work Catherine Hardwicke. It is it взляд on the world of books Meyer, though and coordinated with the author. Also do not think, that in me the insult of the one who did not read speaks. - all - I have read through books for 4 days, on one breath. They are fine. But I have looked film earlier. Both my opinion - and film and the book deserve everyone in own way adoration. That actually me also leads to you and to all my friends-fans in Russia.
At us too many adore executors of roles. I like in general all command of actors. They have faultlessly coped with a task in view. I very much would like to look their other works. But it should be given freedom!
It is impossible to transform the adoration to them into fatal embraces. They are people with the destiny and a life. To us nobody has given the right to rush in their life with ours on them claims. And that lead up actors, that they then on the person beat that, as Butler, are hidden, as Keanu Reevs (Excuse if has incorrectly written a name of the actor). Fans, be united in dialogue, but not in hunting! Patiences All of You!!!!
Я точно не уверен чего вы говорите, но я получаю что мы имеем языковой барьер пойти дальше. Но я уважаю вас для отвечать в языке который нет вашего родного языка. Я хотел был бы возвратить благосклонность путем говорить и писание в малом бите русского который я знаю. Простите мне если я палачествую вашего языка. Я верю что книга и приспособление пленки нет одного в таком же-не даже самая лучшая книга для того чтобы script кино. Кино и книги 2 различных языка и если вы больше из вентилятора книги чем вентилятор, то кино который говорит что-то различное о ком вы и наоборот. Если вы вентилятор сумерк кино, то Бог благословляет вас. Я слишком. Но сумерк была книгой прежде чем было кино с огромным fanbase прежде чем было кино. Те люди которые сделали этим общеизвестное имя так как наблюдатели кино смогли насладиться им как кино. Я нет против пленки или вентиляторов пленки, но я не думаю что герметичность этих книг должна вытерпеть в руках ЛЮБОГО которое не уважает первоначально форму Stephenie' принципиальная схема s к некоторому пункту. Если Stephenie не имело тип входного сигнала в сумерк, то что она сделала, она не была бы как хорошо. Катрин также. Они поняли чего вентиляторы книги надеялись по крайней мере.

English version:

I am not exactly sure what you're saying, but I get that we have a language barrier going on. But I respect you for responding in a language that isn't your native tongue. I would like to return the favor by speaking and writing in the small bit of Russian that I know. Forgive me if I butcher your language.

I believe that a book and a film adaptation are not one in the same-not even the best book to script movies. Movies and books are two different languages and if you're more of a book fan than a movie fan that says something different about who you are and vice versa. If you are a fan of Twilight the movie, God Bless you. I am too. But Twilight was a book before it was a movie with a huge fanbase before it was a movie. Those are the people that made this a household name so that movie watchers could enjoy it as a movie. I'm not against the film or fans of the film, but I don't think that the integrity of these books should suffer at the hands of ANYONE who doesn't respect the original format of Stephenie's concept to a certain point. If Stephenie didn't have the type of input in Twilight that she did, it would not have been as good. Catherine as well. They understood what the fans of the book were expecting at the very least.

Prokopyeva Anna said:
As you are wrong! At us in Russia many love Twilight. At us and the fan-clubs darkness! To me who from one world with heroes of books and film became simple to talk interestingly to you, those. Did not think, that you so simply divide bad - because loves film, good as loves books. For everyone should be important, that people have grown fond of the book, or film, as that and another has learned them in this life to something. In fact in my opinion for this purpose literary works and masterpieces of cinema also are created. Also notice, the cinema is author's work Catherine Hardwicke. It is it взляд on the world of books Meyer, though and coordinated with the author. Also do not think, that in me the insult of the one who did not read speaks. - all - I have read through books for 4 days, on one breath. They are fine. But I have looked film earlier. Both my opinion - and film and the book deserve everyone in own way adoration. That actually me also leads to you and to all my friends-fans in Russia.
At us too many adore executors of roles. I like in general all command of actors. They have faultlessly coped with a task in view. I very much would like to look their other works. But it should be given freedom!
It is impossible to transform the adoration to them into fatal embraces. They are people with the destiny and a life. To us nobody has given the right to rush in their life with ours on them claims. And that lead up actors, that they then on the person beat that, as Butler, are hidden, as Keanu Reevs (Excuse if has incorrectly written a name of the actor). Fans, be united in dialogue, but not in hunting! Patiences All of You!!!!
Victoria C. Trower I totally agree with all your logic....ahhhhh I loved reading your post because your one of the many other fans that have posted on this discussion that truly understand all of this and to me that is true beauty right at the heart of the matter and I truly thank you for your insight and your input on all of this. It makes me soooo proud and happy to see levelheaded and smart and full of logical thinking and etc etc in you and the other fans!!!! Which puts out another detail in the fact of the logical thinking of the girls you described, how it disgust me that fans lose their sanity in such unruly and wayward ways that makes me think 'how can they possibly be fan(well call themselves fans) of such an amazing series of love and beauty and all the other things that describes this series when they cant even control themselves as respectful fans?' I know if I behaved just 1/4 of as bad as half of them are my mother would of been off and running with my books, locking them up while tsking the whole way through it giving me the speech "How can you call yourself a lady, when you cant even behave like one? The daughter I raised would never act like that. The daughter I raised would never ever, not even for a second be so disrespectful in that sort of matter!.....etc etc" So i complete get what your getting at lol!

Victoria C. Trower said:
ITA w/ you as well. I've had the whole series since February and I finished it in two days. Since then, I've read it about 7 times. The theme of pure love, gentlemanly love and all that, is what draws me in everytime. It is like nothing I would have thought to have read in the YA section in this nasty age of Gossip Girl and NYC Prep. I am truly repulsed by many Edward's action (stalking, possessiveness, neediness, overprotection) yet sympathetic at the same time. He may be 108 years old, but he is still 17 and some of his actions complimented both sides of him. This is a girl who he should not be in love with and yet he does fall hard. As wise as he is and as perfect as he look, and even though he's not human, he was a human which mean he's fallible which is a beautiful theme in itself. He is one of the most complex creatures of the literary world.

I don't dislike the movie, but I dislike the drama that some of these fans bring to this series. They are the ones who make it even worse because they feed into the Hollywood machine. We all have crushes on our favorite celebrities, but my mother would have slapped me if I cried just because I saw Gavin DeGraw's hand. She would have killed me if she found me giving these strangers my underwear, breast, or any other body part to sign. These characters aren't real people. This movie is not real. Robert Pattinson IS REAL. And he doesn't want you. He's an actor. It's his job to be appealing when necessary. But what do we know about him outside of the tabloids? And better yet, why let this man be the center of a series that initally had nothing to do with him in the first place?

I'm sure he's a good bloke and all that jazz, but I'm really upset that there are parents who are letting their young girls and boys act like this. And the adult women that I saw in that crowd that almost killed him should also be ashamed of themselves. I don't know. I don't think anything is worth being obsessed over unless they can get you into heaven.

i>cite>Savvy Cullen said:
I extremely and totally agree with you her writing does have repetition and i understand how you felt about it sadly i have read the series too many times because I loved the characters and the theme and the feel of it because for me the series was very different from what I was used to reading, but now with all the crazy movie fans and the insanely over the top crazy girls that are 'in love' with RP and all the people that call themselves fans but cant spare anytime to actually read the series, have truly made me sick of the series! They have ruined the beauty of the series for me so much that I'm taking a break from it and reading another series called Maximum Ride by James Patterson and I love it soooooooo much the characters are amazing and next year there's going to be a Maximum Ride movie and I truly am scared that the series will be ruined by the movie i hope not
Hello ummm ok listen I mean I don't know about the people that live where you live or the people your social with but with me I've met way too many fans that haven't read the series and that are full of it.....and there are differences in fans of a book and fans of a movie and ummm if your trying to say that the fans of movies are better than the fans of the actual book what world are you living in? Seriously, the fan that actually fall in love with a book(s) actually get the full story and are more able to appreciate and truly enjoy it while movie fans don't get the full story and miss out on all the wonder of the actual book(s)!!!

Sarah said:
argh it is really annoying when people say that they are like, the biggest twilight fan in the world when they have only seen the movie! my close friend once said that she was one of these "absolutely massive fans that loves everything to do with twilight", so i asked her if she'd read the books, and she was like "no, books are for geeks."
GEEKS?!?!?!?!?!?!
but then i was all like "well you cant really be a proper true fan if you havent read the books" (ive read the books once, but ive re-read the first 3, im finishing breaking dawn as i speak) and she was like "oh shut the f*ck up im the biggest twilight fan in the world" and i was like "ermm, no you're not babe :|"
anyway, i didnt like the greenhouse scene, cause there wasnt even a school trip in the book! they could have stayed closer to the book if they had replaced that with the blood-typeing scene.
i also thought that edward and bella were far too civilized in his bedroom, he could have thrown her on his sofa/bed thing. btw, did anyone notice that in the book, edward does have a bed, he just uses it as a prop (well in eclipse he does), but instead in the movie he has one of them phyciatric sofa things!
but apart from those things, i loved the movie. i thought that all the actors looked like how the characteres should, especially kristen stewart as bella.
So true about that movie fans vs. twifans. But one thing to point out. Edward does not have a bed in Twilight. He only has a sofa. He doesn't get a bed until Eclipse for Bella when he's out hunting and has Alice babysit her. And let's just talk about that bed and Bella waking up to Edward next to her for a minute. How hot was that. I reread that passage like twenty times. It's one of the reason why Eclipse is my favorite book out of them all. So much Bella and Edward action.

Chazzaaaargh, Twilight Nerd 8-| said:
argh it is really annoying when people say that they are like, the biggest twilight fan in the world when they have only seen the movie! my close friend once said that she was one of these "absolutely massive fans that loves everything to do with twilight", so i asked her if she'd read the books, and she was like "no, books are for geeks."
GEEKS?!?!?!?!?!?!
but then i was all like "well you cant really be a proper true fan if you havent read the books" (ive read the books once, but ive re-read the first 3, im finishing breaking dawn as i speak) and she was like "oh shut the f*ck up im the biggest twilight fan in the world" and i was like "ermm, no you're not babe :|"
anyway, i didnt like the greenhouse scene, cause there wasnt even a school trip in the book! they could have stayed closer to the book if they had replaced that with the blood-typeing scene.
i also thought that edward and bella were far too civilized in his bedroom, he could have thrown her on his sofa/bed thing. btw, did anyone notice that in the book, edward does have a bed, he just uses it as a prop (well in eclipse he does), but instead in the movie he has one of them phyciatric sofa things!
but apart from those things, i loved the movie. i thought that all the actors looked like how the characteres should, especially kristen stewart as bella.
I agree with you. I fell in love with this series but with all the movie only crazed fans its been hard to appreciate the beauty of this series as I used too. I totally agree about the greenhouse scene, it really drifted from the book and I hated Edward's excuse for what had happened with the whole car accident, the whole 'adrenaline rush' thing was stupid to me Edward wouldn't of used that for an excuse. But hey that's just me. I would of loved for the blood testing day to have been in the movie, to be honest it was the scene I was most looking forward to seeing with the whole 'I thought I was going to have to avenge you' - Edward thing <333. I think that would of show a lot of their personality, but hey they couldn't make it perfect so its understandable that they couldn't fit it all in. And I also agree with his bedroom scene it was kinda like they were afraid of too much contact and I really wanted the part where Alice and Jasper came in to be in the movie I loved that part =(!!!! Oh wells can't complain because I can always read it =)!

GEEKS?!?!?!?!?!?!
Victoria I must agree I love that scene when Bella wakes up with Edward right there <333 but I have to admit I love the ending in New Movie with Bella saving Edward and everything but Eclipse is my favorite too <333 Your very smart because everything you've said in this discussion I have agreed with =) thank you sooooooo much for your input =)!

Victoria C. Trower said:
So true about that movie fans vs. twifans. But one thing to point out. Edward does not have a bed in Twilight. He only has a sofa. He doesn't get a bed until Eclipse for Bella when he's out hunting and has Alice babysit her. And let's just talk about that bed and Bella waking up to Edward next to her for a minute. How hot was that. I reread that passage like twenty times. It's one of the reason why Eclipse is my favorite book out of them all. So much Bella and Edward action.

GEEKS?!?!?!?!?!?!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...