Has Twilight become nothing but a mere movie in everyone's eyes?

The movie was not even close to the brilliant depicturing, writing, details, dialogue, of our beloved series. Who can honestly say they love the movie more than the book its self? If you can....you can not truly call yourself a twifan! The movie took out so much that its a shame really.....the acting could of been alot better and it moves fast through the parts that give you the information.....we didn't get the information about Carlisle....we didn't get to hear all the questioning between Bella and Edward....we didn't get the "scary story" Jacob tells Bella on the beach......=( but don't get me wrong i did enjoy the movie i just believe that the actual books are better and that everyone is too into the movie now and that everyone's main focus is the movie and not the series anymore!

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the books and the movie.

I wish they wouldn't waste the budget on the stupid shots that had nothing to do with the book. Such as the the guard at the mill and what was his name Wallen?

I wish they would have done the 'Tamper with your Memory' or the blood typing.

The meadow was not the meadow I imagined especially when they were suppose to be touching each other.

I agree it wasn't as good as it could have been, and I hope they don't screw up the next 3!

But they did do an awesome job with what they had.
I agree with you guys the movie was good, but like alot of you have said they have missed alot of key points. Things like the information on Carlisle past is something that really made you understand Carlisle....and why Edward looks up to him so much......and I understand that they didn't want to introduce Jasper's real character in the movie and the fact that he has the power to control emotions and feelings because if they didn't have the other books made into movies it would just be pretty much useless information and leave a blank for everyone who hasn't read the books......which I believe anyone that actually loved the movie should read the books. I know alot of girls at my school that are asking me about New Moon because they've seen the clips of it and haven't read the book and they always make me explain everything because they dont wanna go and read the books for themselves....... now thats what gets me mad!!!! ok back to what I was saying theres just things you dont take or keep out of a movie and I believe they kept some key points out. I know they we're short on time....I can understand that but to keep out facts like Carlisle past out of it.......and put things in like the field trip, the hunt at the mill, the part at the dinner were Mike wags his but in front of the window to get Bella's attention, the things like that. Then the fact that the didn't really make Edward's ability to read minds look real...... Like at the baseball field he should of reacted to Alice's thoughts b4 she had to call them out...... Then at the end where Victoria was right there watching Edward and Bella he should of smelled her or heard her thoughts........Stephenie's over-protective Edward would have never missed that.....he's to careful with Bella to miss something like that is unbelievible.......and then at lunch how the "Cullens" were eating was completely pointless and useless......even in the book when their trying to seem as normal as they possibly can they don't eat......and the part where Edward leaps onto Bella's truck when he comes to tell her she's coming to his house to meet his family was sooooo wrong...... I mean in broad day-light where anyone can see him he just leaps onto her truck......seriously it looked good and all but that was a stupid move and Edward would of never made such a careless mistake as taking a chance like that when he's risking soooo much already......seriously!!!!! Any opinions on this?
I truly love the fact that you guys see and understand all of this stuff but all I know is that because of the drama with the well as i call them "too popular people to actually take time out of their busy popular lives to read the Twilight series, that they claim to 'love' but just don't have enough time to read the Twilight series" they've really hit home for me and their making it hard to enjoy the series anymore soooo I'm not as big of a twi fan anymore thanks to them! I mean those people claim they have busy lives but so do we, right my twifans? Anyways all of this has truly made me sick.....I have even had some people tell me they've never heard of TWILIGHT, can you believe that? I mean have the been under a rock for this whole twi-crazed-ize-monthz? Seriously? I mean I thought everyone has at least heard of it, right? I dont know anymore my twifans, got any insight for me on this one????
I saw the movie in theaters first. I listened to everyone go on and on about the book LOL and then I saw the movie with friends. I LOVED the movie right away, and about 3 weeks ago I finally got to read the whole set (no more school distractions or I would've read it earlier), i just finished the 4th book like 5 days ago!! I'm officially --obsessed-- with the series. Simple as that.

The movie does not do the book justice. I want to see some of the fine details! Now, I know they can't possible put everything in the movie because heck it'd be like 5 hours long (not that I would complain LOL)... but they could've added some fine-print stuff and went along with the book a little more instead of changing up some somewhat IMPORTANT scenes. In the book Edward seemed to be with her a LOT more - not just once or twice at her house and then at his. =/

I hope that New Moon lives up to the book, for the most part... if the rumor about the engagement is true and it's NOT in the movie, then they better watch out because I will be pitching a fit. >=[ Lol. I have high expectations for this movie as well - and the rest for that matter. I hope that they will see just how GOOD the book is and at least try to go with it... I know most movies don't go with their original books, but I think this should be an exception. I'm already disappointed with the wolves in the preview. I mean, in the book they're portrayed as a rather large size, not the size of a dog. Maybe it's not possible for them to make/film like that, but I'm sure there's a way around it. But maybe I'm wrong. =/

Nobody in their right mind should want to watch these movies unless they're in sync with the BOOKS!!! It down right ruins the movie when they cut things out or totally switch something that doesn't belong... IMO, If they made a movie longer than usual to add more stuff, i'll gladly sit through it... haha.
I didn't see Carlisle's backstory as so crucial to the story. I'm glad it was in the book, and I do wish they would have made it more clear that Carlisle converted Edward because Edward was going to die, and Esme because Carlisle was lonely. But the whole deal about him crawling off to a basement for his transformation wasn't that crucial for me.

I think it is imperative that they include Jasper's backstory as a warrior, however. It is such a fascinating story and does much to develop the charcter, which doesn't get a lot of time in the books.

I'm dreading the opening of NM. There's nothing to indicate it will be anything close to what SM wrote. My husband says he's going away to a workshop or fishing or to see his mom or anything because he knows the chances are good there will be a rant of epic proportions.

Savvy Cullen said:
I agree with you guys the movie was good, but like alot of you have said they have missed alot of key points. Things like the information on Carlisle past is something that really made you understand Carlisle....and why Edward looks up to him so much......and I understand that they didn't want to introduce Jasper's real character in the movie and the fact that he has the power to control emotions and feelings because if they didn't have the other books made into movies it would just be pretty much useless information and leave a blank for everyone who hasn't read the books......which I believe anyone that actually loved the movie should read the books. I know alot of girls at my school that are asking me about New Moon because they've seen the clips of it and haven't read the book and they always make me explain everything because they dont wanna go and read the books for themselves....... now thats what gets me mad!!!! ok back to what I was saying theres just things you dont take or keep out of a movie and I believe they kept some key points out. I know they we're short on time....I can understand that but to keep out facts like Carlisle past out of it.......and put things in like the field trip, the hunt at the mill, the part at the dinner were Mike wags his but in front of the window to get Bella's attention, the things like that. Then the fact that the didn't really make Edward's ability to read minds look real...... Like at the baseball field he should of reacted to Alice's thoughts b4 she had to call them out...... Then at the end where Victoria was right there watching Edward and Bella he should of smelled her or heard her thoughts........Stephenie's over-protective Edward would have never missed that.....he's to careful with Bella to miss something like that is unbelievible.......and then at lunch how the "Cullens" were eating was completely pointless and useless......even in the book when their trying to seem as normal as they possibly can they don't eat......and the part where Edward leaps onto Bella's truck when he comes to tell her she's coming to his house to meet his family was sooooo wrong...... I mean in broad day-light where anyone can see him he just leaps onto her truck......seriously it looked good and all but that was a stupid move and Edward would of never made such a careless mistake as taking a chance like that when he's risking soooo much already......seriously!!!!! Any opinions on this?
i agree, thought i liked the movie i like the book better. the part where Bella Told Edward that he know what he was, it wasn't supposed to be in the forest. they cut some scenes bec. it would be long, but they added scenes that wasn't even on the book.
New moon is my fav. book on the series, i hope it would be amazing :):D
yes, i agree. my friends bebo names are 'future mrs cullen' and their profile pages are all about how obsessed they are, then i found out that most of them had only seen the movie! nobody really understands the true beauty of the books! its really frustrating when they say 'oh i'm a bigger twilight fan than you!' when they've only seen the movie, and i've read all the books twice, and the books are so much better!
I honestly am not a fan of Stephenie's writing. I really think her talents as a writer are overrated, but what she manages to do well, IMO, is develop characters and plots really well. I bought the first book before I saw the movie after three years of telling people that after reading the first few chapters I was appalled by how many times I saw Edward's beauty and perfection mentioned. Sometimes three times on a page. That type of repetition made me want to claw my eyes out. I knew that she was the type of writer I wouldn't normally bang with. But after reading the whole book I was just drawn in by this wonderful story and so I had to set aside the mediocre writing and focus on these characters and who they were and what drew them to one another. Books 2, 3, and 4 totally superceded my expectations even though the repetition thing was still a problem.

What I think the movie did (and I floved the movie) was take this saga into a bit of overkill. I look to the right of my screen, and I see that you can order clothes that are Twilight inspired, the Twi-Hard fans who have no respect for personal space and cannot grasp the idea that Robert Pattinson is NOT EDWARD in real life. He is frightened to go out in public and he almost got killed by a cab to escape crazy fans. When a beloved books series translates to a mega hit for Hollywood they kill it to the point where you want to escape it. Even the actors. And now that this has made put RP and KS on the map, I worry that they will not be as emotionally committed to the material because they will resent how it has ruined their personal lives and also it was shadow anything other work that they do. The point of movies and books are to escape reality and enter into a world that may be nothing like our own, but we can still relate to the themes. Once you start trying to make Twilight real, the appeal becomes a little less to the fans of Twilight who really respect the series and what it means. You spend time with these great characters and you get into it, and then you have to come back to the real world and get on with life. And the movie has absolutey caused girls of all ages to loose their minds! Not good.

The books to me are far better than the movie because you can say everything you want to in a book that you can't say when it adapted to a screen play. And while I really loved the movie there were certain things that were omitted that shouldn't have been and some things that were added that should not have been.

To me, no one has been able to beat the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in terms of an almost perfect adaption from book to script to screen.
You do have a point Carlisle backstory isn't crucial but it is something that really explains his character and in my opinion he is an important character (to me all the Cullens are important thus it makes his backstory kinda important at least in my eyes) but still his backstory is a lot more important than the parts that weren't even in the books!

Morgaine Chya said:
I didn't see Carlisle's backstory as so crucial to the story. I'm glad it was in the book, and I do wish they would have made it more clear that Carlisle converted Edward because Edward was going to die, and Esme because Carlisle was lonely. But the whole deal about him crawling off to a basement for his transformation wasn't that crucial for me.

I think it is imperative that they include Jasper's backstory as a warrior, however. It is such a fascinating story and does much to develop the charcter, which doesn't get a lot of time in the books.

I'm dreading the opening of NM. There's nothing to indicate it will be anything close to what SM wrote. My husband says he's going away to a workshop or fishing or to see his mom or anything because he knows the chances are good there will be a rant of epic proportions.

Savvy Cullen said:
I agree with you guys the movie was good, but like alot of you have said they have missed alot of key points. Things like the information on Carlisle past is something that really made you understand Carlisle....and why Edward looks up to him so much......and I understand that they didn't want to introduce Jasper's real character in the movie and the fact that he has the power to control emotions and feelings because if they didn't have the other books made into movies it would just be pretty much useless information and leave a blank for everyone who hasn't read the books......which I believe anyone that actually loved the movie should read the books. I know alot of girls at my school that are asking me about New Moon because they've seen the clips of it and haven't read the book and they always make me explain everything because they dont wanna go and read the books for themselves....... now thats what gets me mad!!!! ok back to what I was saying theres just things you dont take or keep out of a movie and I believe they kept some key points out. I know they we're short on time....I can understand that but to keep out facts like Carlisle past out of it.......and put things in like the field trip, the hunt at the mill, the part at the dinner were Mike wags his but in front of the window to get Bella's attention, the things like that. Then the fact that the didn't really make Edward's ability to read minds look real...... Like at the baseball field he should of reacted to Alice's thoughts b4 she had to call them out...... Then at the end where Victoria was right there watching Edward and Bella he should of smelled her or heard her thoughts........Stephenie's over-protective Edward would have never missed that.....he's to careful with Bella to miss something like that is unbelievible.......and then at lunch how the "Cullens" were eating was completely pointless and useless......even in the book when their trying to seem as normal as they possibly can they don't eat......and the part where Edward leaps onto Bella's truck when he comes to tell her she's coming to his house to meet his family was sooooo wrong...... I mean in broad day-light where anyone can see him he just leaps onto her truck......seriously it looked good and all but that was a stupid move and Edward would of never made such a careless mistake as taking a chance like that when he's risking soooo much already......seriously!!!!! Any opinions on this?
I agree New Moon was my fav. too hopefully we'll be pleased but i wasn't to happy with how the trailer looked because i was really hoping the wolf's would look a little more like a wolf wolf or at least a little bigger but it was cute =) wooooooo!!!

SArahReii said:
i agree, thought i liked the movie i like the book better. the part where Bella Told Edward that he know what he was, it wasn't supposed to be in the forest. they cut some scenes bec. it would be long, but they added scenes that wasn't even on the book.
New moon is my fav. book on the series, i hope it would be amazing :):D
Ohhhh I so know how that feels ahhhhhh I hate it soooo much I mean I've seriously read the whole series about 8 or 9 times now after the 5th reread i lost stopped counting lol you can say i had a little to much free time back then =D I'm not complaining though =D I have been told by my real life friends that have only read the series once that they know more than i do about the series and that they are bigger fans just because they went nuts and printed out about 500 twilight pictures pretty much all of them in black and white and and about half of them aren't even good pictures in my opinion but oh well lol =D

Mary Brown said:
yes, i agree. my friends bebo names are 'future mrs cullen' and their profile pages are all about how obsessed they are, then i found out that most of them had only seen the movie! nobody really understands the true beauty of the books! its really frustrating when they say 'oh i'm a bigger twilight fan than you!' when they've only seen the movie, and i've read all the books twice, and the books are so much better!
I extremely and totally agree with you her writing does have repetition and i understand how you felt about it sadly i have read the series too many times because I loved the characters and the theme and the feel of it because for me the series was very different from what I was used to reading, but now with all the crazy movie fans and the insanely over the top crazy girls that are 'in love' with RP and all the people that call themselves fans but cant spare anytime to actually read the series, have truly made me sick of the series! They have ruined the beauty of the series for me so much that I'm taking a break from it and reading another series called Maximum Ride by James Patterson and I love it soooooooo much the characters are amazing and next year there's going to be a Maximum Ride movie and I truly am scared that the series will be ruined by the movie i hope not =D!

Victoria C. Trower said:
I honestly am not a fan of Stephenie's writing. I really think her talents as a writer are overrated, but what she manages to do well, IMO, is develop characters and plots really well. I bought the first book before I saw the movie after three years of telling people that after reading the first few chapters I was appalled by how many times I saw Edward's beauty and perfection mentioned. Sometimes three times on a page. That type of repetition made me want to claw my eyes out. I knew that she was the type of writer I wouldn't normally bang with. But after reading the whole book I was just drawn in by this wonderful story and so I had to set aside the mediocre writing and focus on these characters and who they were and what drew them to one another. Books 2, 3, and 4 totally superceded my expectations even though the repetition thing was still a problem.

What I think the movie did (and I floved the movie) was take this saga into a bit of overkill. I look to the right of my screen, and I see that you can order clothes that are Twilight inspired, the Twi-Hard fans who have no respect for personal space and cannot grasp the idea that Robert Pattinson is NOT EDWARD in real life. He is frightened to go out in public and he almost got killed by a cab to escape crazy fans. When a beloved books series translates to a mega hit for Hollywood they kill it to the point where you want to escape it. Even the actors. And now that this has made put RP and KS on the map, I worry that they will not be as emotionally committed to the material because they will resent how it has ruined their personal lives and also it was shadow anything other work that they do. The point of movies and books are to escape reality and enter into a world that may be nothing like our own, but we can still relate to the themes. Once you start trying to make Twilight real, the appeal becomes a little less to the fans of Twilight who really respect the series and what it means. You spend time with these great characters and you get into it, and then you have to come back to the real world and get on with life. And the movie has absolutey caused girls of all ages to loose their minds! Not good.

The books to me are far better than the movie because you can say everything you want to in a book that you can't say when it adapted to a screen play. And while I really loved the movie there were certain things that were omitted that shouldn't have been and some things that were added that should not have been.

To me, no one has been able to beat the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in terms of an almost perfect adaption from book to script to screen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...