Hey,
I got into the Series about November last year!. My friend was like "Obsessed" with it all. She always told me that they are fantastic books, but i always said "But i don't like vampires". But they gave me "Twilight" for my birthday and i got hooked straight away! I have read them like 10 times each and absolutely adore them! 
So i'm just curious, How did you get into the series??

Thanks Miri xxx

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Similar to you, only my friend begged me to read them. It was the summer of 2008, I was actually oblivious to twilight at that time. She gave me an alternative. She said, "Read twilight halfway through... then tell me you can stop, that you're not obsessed like me!" I took her challenge and failed big time! I couldn't put it down for the life of me! I swear she tricked me into this.... but I'm so glad she did. I kept reading them...over and over.. driving my mom crazy. hehe, Then the movie came out. Creating a new obsession for me. Go Robsten! Anyway, that's how I got hooked on the series.

CMC_SpunkWolf
i used to hate twilight so my cousin made me read twilight and i fell in love with the book and then eventually the movies now i have read all of the books and watched all the movies so far cant wait for breaking dawn november the month that i got into it too best book ever

hahaha thats the same as me! My friend was like "You have to read them"!!!! Cura Cullen McClellan said:
Similar to you, only my friend begged me to read them. It was the summer of 2008, I was actually oblivious to twilight at that time. She gave me an alternative. She said, "Read twilight halfway through... then tell me you can stop, that you're not obsessed like me!" I took her challenge and failed big time! I couldn't put it down for the life of me! I swear she tricked me into this.... but I'm so glad she did. I kept reading them...over and over.. driving my mom crazy. hehe, Then the movie came out. Creating a new obsession for me. Go Robsten! Anyway, that's how I got hooked on the series.

CMC_SpunkWolf
I hated the first movie. I waited for the second to come out on video because everyone was talking about it, but I hated the first movie so much that I couldn't allow myself to go to the movie theater to watch it. I liked it a little more, but I was curious to see the third. It was the very end of the third movie that made me want to read the books, the speech that Bella gives Edward in the end. "This wasn't a choice between you and Jacob. It was between who I should be and who I am" - I was shocked, it was much too deep for a teenage movie. The entire "Eclipse" was full of twists and pressure, it was affecting. I read the books hoping to find that line, which, as you know, doesn't exist there. But I found so much more that I loved about it, and as time goes by I realize so many other things that I love about these stories. I am sad that I have no more stories to read, being a part of them was like living in a better formed world, it makes you want to repaint the real one.
really? wow, what a coincidence! She kept teasing me too, giving me hints about what would happen in the next one. That drove me absolutely mad. Luckily, i'm a speed reader, I can read pretty fast. I think I actually growled at her a few times, hehe.

CMC_SpunkWolf
Some chick on this st was having a coffee with her friend and i was talkin to thier daughter and thier conversation was about the twilight books she was saying "yeah ive read them all i stay up late at night to read them all again,they are good books" she said. i was like mum i want the twilight saga for xmas and i got it and read the 1st page on xmas day and was hooked. :P
i was in my english class and a close friend told me about it before the movie (i think aphril or march 2008) and i was interested and she send me the books by email , and when i started to read em' i just get obsessed with this whole world than even now im still obsessed with it i mind i dont have my house full of twilight but the twilight saga have a especial part on my heart (lol)...
then i watch the first movie and that change my life completely.. thank you so much stephenie meyer for have that amazing dream and write such and amazing and perfect book (lol again) for me is exciting the whole thing about vampires, especially the red eyes ones... i'm team jeward cuz i love edward but i part of me love taylor as jacob so..
and im not going to talk about robert because i will not finish today.. I love twilight saga, my favorite coven is the voltutis if they are a coven.. dont know why for me they are the perfect vampires..

sorry for write so much.. i was inspired bout it
My sister-in-law told me about them back in Christmas 2007. (I read them in Jan 2008.) She knows I am a big reader (it's always been my favorite hobby) and was like you have to read these books. She has never been much of a reader (she's never read Harry Potter even though she tried & failed) and so I knew if she was hooked they would have to be good. (So I blame her for my Twiobsession. I had never heard of them before.) When she told me about them only TW-EC was out I read them & thought okay whatever. And then when I read BD in Aug 2008 I was like I don't remember what happens & so I reread the whole saga & that's when I became obsessed. I reread the whole saga at least 3 more times (for a total of 4 in 2008.) I had to make myself stop readin them. And as of now I've read the whole saga at least 7 times. (I make myself read other books so I don't get really bad. My obsession goes up & down & it seems to be worse when I'm reading the books or when there's a lot of movie news and/or promos going on and/or releases. So it's pretty bad right now! I seriously don't know what I'll do when I won't have something Twi related to look forward to. I just hope & pray & cross my fingers that by the time BD part 2 comes to dvd I will have the release of Midnight Sun to look forward to (if not before then.)
I got into the Twilight Series in March of 2009. I was at a friend's house where her other friend rented the first movie when it came out on DVD. As we watched it, I started to get into it and became quite intrigued by the storyline.
The big mistake was watching this movie with guys because they kept making fun it, but I did not care.
I loved seeing Robert and Kristen playing Edward and Bella. They were perfect!!
It was then that I fell in love with Rob at that very moment!
After seeing the movie, I told my sister about it and told her she needed to watch it.
Then in June of that year, I watched it again at my aunt's house with my sister, and soon she got hooked.
My sister bought all of the books that summer and we began reading them all.
I read the fourth book first because my sister was going to read the first three books.
I wanted something to read and plus, I knew she was not going to get to the fourth book for a while so I read it.
Well, I just got even more hooked and could not wait to read the series from the very beginning.
I was hearing about "New Moon" being released in November 2009 and so I followed all of the blogs and message boards online. Thus, I had become obsessed!! I looked forward to the moment "New Moon" came out, then "Eclipse", and now "Breaking Dawn"!
I ended up reading the entire series and fell in love with it all!!
I am constantly going back to "Breaking Dawn" since it has become my absolute favorite of the series!!
I am happy to say that I am a Twifan and enjoying every minute of it :)
I saw my friend reading breaking dawn and she introduced me to twilight saga. I read twilight in December 2009 and finished in one week. That was my first paranormal fiction.
I heard about them first from my aunt, she just told me "It's about vampires, but not the traditional ones." I absolutly love vampires of any kind (though now-a-days the Dracula-tipe with all those stupid miths about turning into a bat and stuff irritates me), always have, but I just forgot about it. Then the movie came out and everyone was talking about it, we went to the beach (well, my family forced me to go to the beach.Seriously though, why sunbathe if I can't tan? I'll just get skin cancer or something) and you could see everyone was reading it. I was told it was about a girl that falls in love with a vampire, which sounded really cool, but here is the problem: I always sort-of stand out anywhere I go, and I usually don't like the stuff other people like, see things the way they do. So, if something was really popular, then it probably meant I wouldn't like it. Anyway, then that Christmas we were in my grandparents house and me, my mum and my two younger sisters went to the video shop to rent something to watch. We saw Twilight, and for some reason I wanted- needed- to see it all of a sudden. A minute after it started I was hooked. Love at first sight. We watched again the next morning, and I went out and bought the first three books. That's when I went crazy(er than usual). My family don't understand me anymore, and I can't remember what I was like before the saga to give them any amount of sympathy! I am totally addicted and will be forever.
My sister was OBSESSED with them and then my mom read them and was almost has bad as my sister. We were driving to Arizona and I had nothing to do so I read the first book. I finished it within the first 5 hours of driving. Then I made my mom stop at barnes and noble to get me the 2nd book xD

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...