Hey,
I got into the Series about November last year!. My friend was like "Obsessed" with it all. She always told me that they are fantastic books, but i always said "But i don't like vampires". But they gave me "Twilight" for my birthday and i got hooked straight away! I have read them like 10 times each and absolutely adore them! 
So i'm just curious, How did you get into the series??

Thanks Miri xxx

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well for me i was hooked automatically like i remember it clearly we had rented some movies and while we started watching one we were watching the previews and i saw a twilight preview this was months before it even came out i didnt even know what it was but after that i did everything i could to find out a little more and now im a twilight addict forever
This girl (young girl) started working wt me and we became fast friends. I've always loved vampires and the world they live in, just so mysterious to me. One day she was talking about it, now mind you, I haven't read a book since I got out of school. Bt she let me borrow hers and I fell sooo in love wt Edward and the Bella. It just shows you don't have to be this perfect girl. So as soon as I got paid Iwent and all the books and ended reading them all in a week. Im so happy she introduced me to the Twilight world, Im lovin the ride. :) Love the books and loving the movies.
I didn't even heard for Twilight saga until the movie came out in 2008. After I watched I went to the bookstore and bought all the books. I was reading them like I was obsessed. My mom was like: " Are you insane". But I read them day and night. I fell in love with all of it. I loved to see Rob and Kristen on the screen. I already liked Rob while he was in Harry Potter movie and I remember Kristen from Catch that kid. Their chemistry is amazing. It was easy to belive they are a real life couple, even though they never confirmed it. I cried with those books and had a best time. I can't imagine my life now without Twilight. It is amazing how something can change your life, the way you look on things. It's not some stupid teenage book. It is much more. So many deep thing are there. The Love is unconditional. That's the thing I love the most. Stephenie is one amazing woman. Thank you...xD

-Ivanna
I have always been fascinated with vampires.But,as a Christian,I was never able to explore that because I felt like it went against my faith.Twilight allows Christians like myself to explore the subject of vampires without feeling like I've betrayed my faith because, first of all,they don't drink human blood--at least the Cullen family don't(which is really the only inherently evil thing about vampires) and,unlike vampires in most vampire stories,they make a real effort to redeem themselves.Vampires are not evil unless the person was evil before he or she was turned-Evil lies in the heart of the individual.The Cullens clearly prove that.vampires in other stories usually either embrace the fact that they are vampires or,if they don't, they don't do anything to make up for it.Even Louis in Interview with a Vampire,as much as he hated what he was, didn't even make any effort to redeem himself.Stephanie Meyer has created the type of vampire you can respect-with dignity, integrityand, above all,CONVICTION.Carlisle himself said in New Moon "By all accounts,we're damned,regardless.But,I hope,maybe foolishly,we get some measure of credit for trying."He also said "In the 400yrs since I've been born I have never seen anything that has made me doubt whether God exists in one form or another"This proves that Carlisle still has faith in God and that he and the Cullens still have a chance at redemption despite what they are-otherwise,he would just raise his family as other vampires-with no remorse or respect for human life.Also,considering the fact that Stephenie Meyer is Mormon(even though I dont agree with that particular form of so-called "Christianity"),I think she intended for the vampire and the lust for blood to be a metaphor for the everyday temptations that we as human-beings face.And the Cullens not conforming to the vampire lifestyle of drinking human blood is a metaphor for Christians who don't conform to the rest of the world in order to follow a higher purpose.And,even though I am not a wolfpack fan,If you think about it,they are a metaphor for the gay and lesbian community who feel they didnt have a choice to be who they are(I myself believe eveyone has a choice,but then again,who am I to judge?.I firmly believe in "let he that has no sin cast the first stone"-I am certainly not without sin so I am not one to throw stones)You can see alot of Christian undertones in the Twilight story-including the Cullens belief in the exsistance and value of the soul.Thats why I am a twilight fan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...