How Long Did It Take You To Read The Twilight Series, and what did you feel like when you first started reading the series WHERE U ADDICTED AFTER THE FIRST BOOK

As i was coming to the end of Eclipse, i notice that it only took me 1 and 1/2 weeks to finish the first 3 books. It is so weird i remeber starting the first book last Monday and now only one more book to go....and the worse part is im trying to read very slowly but i just have see what happens.
THIS SADDENS ME DEEPLY, i never been this into a series before, where it actual hurts to start the last book. =(

Tags: Addicted, Twilight

Views: 1690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it took me 2days to read twilight, 3 days for new moon, 3 days for eclipse and 4 days for breaking dawn....when i start reading the books i just couldn't stop i feel in love the first time i read the series, i was realy sad when breaking dawn came out beacause that was the last book of the series : (
When I first read them only through Eclipse was out (Jan 2008). And it took me about a week to read all of them. (I was home sick & thankfully had a lot of time to read!) But at this point I wasn't obsessed. Then when BD came out in August I read it (w/out rereading the series first since it had been about 8 months & I had only read them once.) And I was like hmm I don't really remember much I'm going to reread the series. And so I reread the in about 5 days. And then I was hooked. I was like WOW!!! This series is awesome!! And then I reread the series 3 more times!! I had to force myself from reading them again & read other books. I am totally obsessed w/anything Twilight related (even the movies.) But thats okay I've decided I can blame my sister-in-law since she was the one who introduced me to them.
I saw the movie first, and then I read twilight - translated into my language. I liked it, but didn't become obsessed then. A few months later I was going to Volterra, Italy (ironic?). I needed something to read on the plane, and bought all the books in english:) Little did I know that after that I only took a break from reading once, and that was when I had read new moon and wanted to see 'Piazza dei Priori' ;) I read all four books in under three days. Nice. Then I read them again. And again. And again. Think I've read every part of the books at least 20 times. Some chapters over 50 times.
I started reading them in October. It's now June. I've read something from the twilight-books EVERY day in 8 months.

I need help. :O
It took me like 5 days to read each book, while BreakingDawn the biggest of them only took me 3days. The first night I read both Bella & Jacob Books I couldn't tear my eyes away from the pages. All this while working F/T and barely cooking for my husband and kids everyday:) I barely slept most nights cause I just couldn't put the book down or.. my dreamy thoughts would awaken me only to continue where I left off. Funny thing was I wasn't tired ( or couldn't be) I was literally high on Twilight... That was a very magical & personal time for me. Experiencing that joy of falling in love....again became very emotional. It ignited & surfaced in all of us.... a very strong PASSION that we almost fight to defend now. Really though, the Twilight Saga speaks for itself..It is OUR new-age Romeo & Juliet or like another classic Wuthering Heights Bella herself always re-read. I find myself like her and re-reading daily now. I recently have taken to highlighting my favorite parts and quotes after realizing my books AREN'T going ANYWHERE ....Their nesting safely by my bedside........MWUA
I completely agree about feeling the sadness & realizing re-reading them was possible for my pleasure....I even started highlighting my favorites parts...their nesting place it securely by my bedside...LOL

LoveDrunk4RobPattz said:
Ok.. you may laugh at me.. and its ok, because I know I am slow LOL.. Before Twilight.. I was NOT A READER!!! PERIOD!! So, it took me like 3 weeks to read Twilight.. but when I finished I was head over heels.. the story line intoxicated me.. So I read it again.. and it took me a week. I read New Moon & Eclipse in less than a week.. Breaking Dawn about a week & a half. I have since read them all over again and I breeze through them.. but funny thing is I learn more and more each time. I felt sad the first time I finished them.. but I realized I don't have to stop reading them... and I won't! So read them as much as you possibly can.. Remember how many times Bella read Wuthering Heights.. Edward would tease her because that book was barely being held together by a thread.. :o)
I seen Twilight two years ago, and liked the movie. My sister was crazy about the books and movie. Then my brother was hooked. I boycotted them because one I have not read a book besides kids book, to my children, since high school and I'm 26. This April I decided to read them just to see what the big deal was. I finished all 4 books in 5 days. I stayed up for 24 hours to read the last 2. Now that it is June, I have read them 4 times, plus other books in between and just finished Eclipse for the 5th time! I am obsessed (sorry not a good speller). I laughed out loud, cried, sobbed, smiled and now my heart aches because I don't think Stephanie is going to write any more about my beloved Cullens. So I keep reading them again because I am in love!
I had been given the first book Twilight, last year to take with me on a trip but never read the first page of it. I sort of put it aside and forgot about it. I watched the movie and still never read the book. Just a few months ago, my neice mentioned that she had read all the books and thought I would like to read them. I saw online where someone posted something about Breaking Dawn was not good and Stephanie should have stopped at Eclipse. Dummy me thought well, I wont read the 4th book. My neice said no! I could'nt stop there so I started reading and couldnt put them down. I breezed thru Twilight after sitting up most of the night and as soon as I could picked up New Moon (this one was not my fav because Edward wasnt around much) and quickly finished it and started on Eclipse and of course loved it. All I can say is that I am so glad that I did read the 4th book and why any idiot would think it wasnt good is beyond me. In fact, it is my favorite and I can't wait for the movies to come out. I have probably read all 4 books like 3 times and probably will read book 4 at least another time or two.
Jenni Cullen said:
I seen Twilight two years ago, and liked the movie. My sister was crazy about the books and movie. Then my brother was hooked. I boycotted them because one I have not read a book besides kids book, to my children, since high school and I'm 26. This April I decided to read them just to see what the big deal was. I finished all 4 books in 5 days. I stayed up for 24 hours to read the last 2. Now that it is June, I have read them 4 times, plus other books in between and just finished Eclipse for the 5th time! I am obsessed (sorry not a good speller). I laughed out loud, cried, sobbed, smiled and now my heart aches because I don't think Stephanie is going to write any more about my beloved Cullens. So I keep reading them again because I am in love!

Dont feel bad because I am a 59 year old grandmother and I am so hooked it is pathetic. My 39 year old daughter hasnt read a book since she graduated high school and never really liked to read and she read them in a matter of days, like me sitting up half the night. There is just something about this wonderful love story that makes you feel good all over.
it took me 1 & a haf days t read New Moon and 2 days to raed Twilight!!! also it took me 2 days to read Eclipse but now i dont want t finish too fast Breaking Dawn!!!!!!! i wanna read it for my whole life !! my friends think im sick and of course im Robsessed! <3
It took me 1 day to read Twilight. Then I took the next day off work (Friday) and read the other three over the next three days! I was totally hooked. My friend suggested I read it..was hesitant then 'BOOM'! HOOOOOKED. I borrowed the other books from her and read them all. (Closest bookstore is a 3hr drive away!) Now I have my own set to read them over and over. I also got my mother obsessed with it as well. She's almost 60!
Took me a week to read the whole series. I read until 2 in the morning. My husband though I was going mad. Love it... Started reading Eclipse again. Have read the whole series twice already. And Bree Tanner as well.
My daughter bought me the entire series, and she had never read them before. She just knows how much I love to read. It took me one week to read the entire series. And now My daughter is on the last book. I talked about them so much that she could not stand it!!! lol. She now loves the books more than the movies!! We have watched all the movies so far together. I have also read midnight sun, and Bree Tanner, and The Host!!! Stephanie Myers is awesome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...