Imprinting... wouldn't it be nice if this phenomenon was not limited to only Shapeshifters?

Imprinting: Def: behavioral phenomenon among shapeshifters where a shapeshifter finds his or her soul mate.

Extra Info: The moment the shapeshifter sees the one they are destined to be with, they imprint. It is described as having every connection with everything else severed and instead being only connected to this earth for the other person. After that, nobody else matters because you are only there for your other half, your soul mate.

Now what I wanna say about this is wouldn't it be nice if Imprinting was really real? I mean.. wouldn't this solve Marriage problems? End cold feet, divorce rates drop drastically, and give men and women the hope that when they find love.. that this is the REAL deal NO MATTER WHAT.. and not fake love?

I mean.. put it into perspective.
If we had Imprinting ... we would finally have a way to figure out when dating someone if they're really meant for us or not. And by imprinting.. love would be eternal so we would never have that doubt of "What if I fall out of love with this person once we are married or have a child?"... it would be impossible when Imprinting has take place, ya know?

I would kill to have imprinting capabilities...=] Or in that matter... a man imprinting on me... cause then I would never have a doubt that I would get cheated on or left, or unloved... Love would then make sense.

Anyone's thoughts on this???

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have just a question though, if a man imprints on you... does it automatically make you fall in love with him too because the love and attention is overpowering. Is it absolute? Or could a man imprint on you and you might not love him back... at least on not the way he loves you... just wondering...
SKY SANTOS: I think so..i mean.. I dont think that a person can imprint unless that person will love them back equally. Stephanie wasn't that clear with the whole story.. but that's how I understood it.
wouldnt it be nice if stephenie continues the saga with jacob and renesmee's story so that we could know more about imprinting...

Monika Lopez said:
SKY SANTOS: I think so..i mean.. I dont think that a person can imprint unless that person will love them back equally. Stephanie wasn't that clear with the whole story.. but that's how I understood it.
sky santos said:
wouldnt it be nice if stephenie continues the saga with jacob and renesmee's story so that we could know more about imprinting...

Monika Lopez said:

Sadly I have not finsihed Breaking Dawn so I am not sure what you are talking about lol.. but it would be nice if Stephanie wrote more books to further explain this phenomenon.
In a way it does go on in other species. For example Edward could no more leave and stop loving bella, than Jacob could leave and stop loving nessie right?

I know I personally could never turn my back on my coven or my "family". I am in capable of doing so.

And thats more than just a decision I make too. It's almost like I am compelled to be there for them.....if that makes sense to any of you.
oops, i hope i didnt spoil breaking dawn for you...

Sadly I have not finsihed Breaking Dawn so I am not sure what you are talking about lol.. but it would be nice if Stephanie wrote more books to further explain this phenomenon.
well i guess if you put it that way... we all are capable of experiencing some form of very compelling love. we just have it at varying levels.... although I cant speak for myself because I have yet to experience that gravity-shifting-pull-type of love...

Daidalos Falvius Nosphoros said:
In a way it does go on in other species. For example Edward could no more leave and stop loving bella, than Jacob could leave and stop loving nessie right?

I know I personally could never turn my back on my coven or my "family". I am in capable of doing so.

And thats more than just a decision I make too. It's almost like I am compelled to be there for them.....if that makes sense to any of you.
I do agree with you.. I do believe we all have a form of it.. its just the certainty of knowing that that is the person for you... like... KNOWING KNOWING.. ya know? The kind of romantic love where someone is so 100% sure this is it.. that's the part of the phenomenon I wish people had. Love lives would be better in this world.

Monika Lopez I agree with you 100% I wish that was the case in 100% of the relationships in this world. I hate the fact that love can be broken so easily and the trust doubted so quickly...... I wish I were 100% for sure if my boyfriend and I we're going to last. He's afraid he'll cheat on me......which the fact that he actually told me that does sort of make you wonder and then there's -- I hate that I feel this way -- a little doubt mixed in now but truly I thank him for being honest enough to face me and tell me that, not every man is brave enough or caring enough to actually give you the truth like that. I truly wish we could have that 100% reassurance that its all going to work out but sadly that isn't how life works......nothings ever that easy. I think the fact that we have the unassurance and doubt and any other thing that comes along with it, makes us more human because of the mere fact that we are not perfect. We are not ment to have perfect or completely easy life.....and as much as I wish we did have imprinting I sadly say that it only a beautiful dream, a wish. But of course a dream like that is always a welcoming, a nice thing to wake up to in the morning.....ya know? =)
Daidalos Falvius Nosphoros I also agree with you, I believe we do tend to bond ourselfs with some people, sometimes it is impossible to avoid and without know or meaning to you fall in love and are compelled to be there for them, to protect them in any way possible,and do whatever it takes at whatever risk to make them happy even if in the end it ends up hurting yourself. But I do not see it as a human fault, it is a work of art and beauty, for something as powerful as that to take over our primal concerns and needs about ourselfs and focus on others is truly beautiful. It just warms my heart =) hehehe

Monika Lopez said:
I do agree with you.. I do believe we all have a form of it.. its just the certainty of knowing that that is the person for you... like... KNOWING KNOWING.. ya know? The kind of romantic love where someone is so 100% sure this is it.. that's the part of the phenomenon I wish people had. Love lives would be better in this world.

I'm torn on this yes life would be easier if you knew from the word go you were meant for him and he was meant for you but I wouldn't want it written in stone. I think falling in and out of love is something you need to experience sort of like how would you know the highest high if you'd never experienced the lowest low. Love's not meant to be easy which i guess is why it's worth fighting for.
I totally agree with you! 100%
Its true.. its not worth it w/o having the hardships... you can't really appreciate love. In a way, I guess its a good thing we dont have the "imprinting" phenomenon as a sense, we need to really appreciate love by having all the heartbreaks that go along with it. But I must say, it would be nice to at least have that sense (like imprinting) that would give us the security that that one person in our life will be with us... always. :)

SickboysWhiskey said:
I'm torn on this yes life would be easier if you knew from the word go you were meant for him and he was meant for you but I wouldn't want it written in stone. I think falling in and out of love is something you need to experience sort of like how would you know the highest high if you'd never experienced the lowest low. Love's not meant to be easy which i guess is why it's worth fighting for.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...