In Twilight do you think Edward knew Bella was almost going to be crushed by a van?

I have not read Midnight Sun as I am waiting for Stephanie to complete the book and publish it.  I wasn't certain if this was in the book or not.  I read Twilight and don't recall it being explained.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not really explained in TW. (Not that I remember.) And how do I explain this since you haven't read MS yet. (Good job btw. I didn't have enough willpower not to read it.) Umm........the reason he stepped in & stopped the van was because he did know that something was going to happen. I'll leave it at that.
When the van is coming towards her, Bella only notices Edward when she looks around at the people nearby (she meets his eyes).  Let's just say he's not the only Cullen standing there...
i read the first 12 chapters of midnightsun , ya edward knew that the van will crush bella , cuz  in midnightsun , chapter 3 , he was standing with alice beside  his car  and she had avision of the van coming to crush bella..he didnt want anything to happen to her , he was saying to him self * not her*...so he saved her from the van..
~Luv that part explained in MS!!! <3 I think it was described eventually in Twilight also, well we come to find out anyways.
No, it wasn't ever explained in either the book or the movie.
Pennybug I am very curious you have to tell me more please......  I really should read MS however I am afraid if I start it and an unable to finish because it isn't completed I will go NUTS!  I would imagine his perspective is really good.

Pennybug Cullen said:
It's not really explained in TW. (Not that I remember.) And how do I explain this since you haven't read MS yet. (Good job btw. I didn't have enough willpower not to read it.) Umm........the reason he stepped in & stopped the van was because he did know that something was going to happen. I'll leave it at that.

~I agree @Pennybug_Cullen and @Sara_Cullen:

Remember in the Twilight 'movie' Edward even says (to Rosalie) in the hospital hallway, "What was I suppose to do, just let her die!?"..Or to the tune of that.

At that time Bella was standing around the corner from Carlisle,rosalie&edward near the hallway hospital doors when Charlie walked away from Bella to finish signing off her patient paperwork.

Anyways, Edward knew this was going to happen to bella only by being able to read Alice's mind/her vision (Alice just happened to be standing right next to edward by the cullen's parked cars at school). Alice foresaw this accident happening and so Edward was at Bella's side in a millasecond & saved her from being crushed by Tyler's van.  That's when E&B had their "1st moment" looking into each other's eyes; then Edward let go of bella gently and then quickly vanished by jumping over bella's truck before anyone saw him...

~That's what I remember in the 'movie'...

Also, Edward explains himself & his family's abilities a little more clearly to Bella the day they were talking on top of the cliffs.

Hope this helps : )

AND YES!! @Jo_Anna ~U should read what was written of MS thus far, it's awesome!! Stephenie may never finish it *fingers crossed she does!*, so you might as well read it.....EPOV is Totally worth it!!! :D
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!  It is ironic I was reading Breaking Dawn again before bed and then when I was finished I turned on TV and what do you know Twilight is on.  I ofcourse had to watch it!  It was in the beginning in the evening when Bella was eating dinner with Charlie after her first day of school so I was able to see the truck scene again.  You are right I too noticed all of those things.  Does MS actually explain him finding out before it happened?  In BD does it explain he liked her the first moment he laid eyes on her?  One thing I wish they would have done was if I remember correctly the book Twilight Edward was in the hospital room with her, do you remember that as well??

imaGINAtion said:

~I agree @Pennybug_Cullen and @Sara_Cullen:

Remember in the Twilight 'movie' Edward even says (to Rosalie) in the hospital hallway, "What was I suppose to do, just let her die!?"..Or to the tune of that.

At that time Bella was standing around the corner from Carlisle,rosalie&edward near the hallway hospital doors when Charlie walked away from Bella to finish signing off her patient paperwork.

Anyways, Edward knew this was going to happen to bella only by being able to read Alice's mind/her vision (Alice just happened to be standing right next to edward by the cullen's parked cars at school). Alice foresaw this accident happening and so Edward was at Bella's side in a millasecond & saved her from being crushed by Tyler's van.  That's when E&B had their "1st moment" looking into each other's eyes; then Edward let go of bella gently and then quickly vanished by jumping over bella's truck before anyone saw him...

~That's what I remember in the 'movie'...

Also, Edward explains himself & his family's abilities a little more clearly to Bella the day they were talking on top of the cliffs.

Hope this helps : )

AND YES!! @Jo_Anna ~U should read what was written of MS thus far, it's awesome!! Stephenie may never finish it *fingers crossed she does!*, so you might as well read it.....EPOV is Totally worth it!!! :D
It is so good! And VERY interesting to read it from Edward's pov. I REALLY REALLY hope SM will finsish it someday. Even though it's not completed I love reading it. Makes you understand Edward more & his thoughts & why he does some of the things he does. (NM for example.) For me another bonus was having the Cullens more in the story & seeing Edward's relationship w/his different family members & the dynamic. What else would you like me to tell you? I want to shoot whoever it was that leaked the partial draft online. If that hadn't happened I wonder if MS would have been published by now & we could have our own copy reading what goes on in Edward's head.

Jo Anna said:
Pennybug I am very curious you have to tell me more please......  I really should read MS however I am afraid if I start it and an unable to finish because it isn't completed I will go NUTS!  I would imagine his perspective is really good.

Pennybug Cullen said:
I know what a shame it got leaked it is absolutely rudely ridiculous!  I am trying to hold out by reading Breaking Dawn again as it is my fav book.  So am I understanding correctly that MS covers Edwards point of view in New Moon as well as Twilight?  I read an interview where SM said she had Rob read Midnight Sun to play Edward.  I later read another interview about Rob saying once he read that book he read the other 4 the weekend later....  Not to totally take this conversation in a different direction however you wonder if the actors love the story as much as the rest of us do.  Now I won't lie the actors such as Rob playing Edward is truly a gift.

Pennybug Cullen said:
It is so good! And VERY interesting to read it from Edward's pov. I REALLY REALLY hope SM will finsish it someday. Even though it's not completed I love reading it. Makes you understand Edward more & his thoughts & why he does some of the things he does. (NM for example.) For me another bonus was having the Cullens more in the story & seeing Edward's relationship w/his different family members & the dynamic. What else would you like me to tell you? I want to shoot whoever it was that leaked the partial draft online. If that hadn't happened I wonder if MS would have been published by now & we could have our own copy reading what goes on in Edward's head.

Jo Anna said:

Pennybug Cullen said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...