In Twilight, How Come Alice Didn't 'See' Bella's Plan To Run Away To The Ballet Studio?

This has been bothering me for a while, because i don't see how it can make sense. In the book, Bella plans to escape through the girls toilet, down the lift and into a taxi. But she comes up with this idea while she's sitting with Alice and Jasper. So i don't see at all how Alice wouldn't have seen it. I know that she was searching for what James and Victoria were doing, so she may have been busy, but considering Bella had noticed that Alice was looking at her suspiciously, surely she was looking out for Bella's decisions too, so she would have seen what she was planning and stopped her.

Please, someone explain this to me! 

Tags: Alice, Ballet, Bella, Twilight

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm...I have never thought about that!But you are completely right!Alice should have seen Bella's decisions..Probably she saw that after Bella was already in the ballet studio,and that's how Edward and his family came there.But it's still a mistake from Stephanie.I don't blame her..She had to deal with a lot of things by just writing the books,thought this hm..scene it's pretty important!If Alice would have seen that,the situation would be definitely a different one!
I'm rereading the book now and right at that part. I also started thinking about this, as to why Alice didn't see Bella's decision to run away. Maybe we can ask Stephenie? AHA, however, Bella didn't really know 100% that she was going to the Ballet studio until she got to her house and made the call, right? Oh, so many details .....
I think it was just that Bella didn't actually DECIDE to make a run for it until she was in the woman's bathroom.
But she knew that she was going to 'go to the mirrored room and die'. It must just be a mistake or oversight on Stephanie Meyer's behalf.
alice only sees the outcome of decisions not the thoughts behind it. it says in the book that Bella thought that Alice thought it was a move of James to get bella to the ballet studio not that bella was going to run away. and bell hadnt totally decided to run for it till she got to the bathroom till then she didnt really plan it i dont think cause she kept thinking that she was going to stay and meet edward and then deciding to run i think bella only totally decided once she was at the bathroom and by the time alice saw she was gone.

thats what i think anyway :)
i have always wondered tha and why didnt thy hear her talkin to james on the phone?? me and my friends always talk about tha its like alice misses alot of thinks and idk why.....hmmmmm
I think that they missed many things in the movie. But in the book Bella doesn't decide to go to the ballet studio until they are at the airport in Phoenix to meet Edward and the rest of the Cullens. She runs away when she is at the bathroom and Jasper is waiting outside for her. She knows that Jasper and Alice can't start running in superhuman speed in the middle of a crowded airport. So Alice does see it, but not until it's too late.
yep i totally agree

Emma said:
alice only sees the outcome of decisions not the thoughts behind it. it says in the book that Bella thought that Alice thought it was a move of James to get bella to the ballet studio not that bella was going to run away. and bell hadnt totally decided to run for it till she got to the bathroom till then she didnt really plan it i dont think cause she kept thinking that she was going to stay and meet edward and then deciding to run i think bella only totally decided once she was at the bathroom and by the time alice saw she was gone.

thats what i think anyway :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...