Is everyone else as disappointed as I am with the ending of Breaking Dawn???

Ok, so I love everything else about the Twilight series but I'm really disappointed with Breaking Dawn. Just to name a few things - the end scene is a total anti-climax, I mean I for one wanted a big showdown with the Volturi.. and it's this huge build up then NOTHING. They just leave and walk away. Also Bella and Edward just seem... different. Maybe its Reneesmee.. I really don't like her. I think part of it is because by Bella having her she put Edward through so much pain. It's just disappointing after 3 fantastic books the way Breaking Dawn wraps everything up so quickly too.. I dont think its up to the same standards as the rest of the books. Stephanie was definitely over it and wanted to get on with her other writing by the feel of it.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No way, I love breaking dawn its my favorite of the books! I love the happy fairy tale or maybe I should say vamp tale ending!
No-one throw daggers at me! I was really disappointed with BD. I know the whole saga was a fantasy but I thought BD was a little too much and too rushed for sure. Maybe coz by the end I was so sick of Bella. (sorry guys!!!) I loved the saga but Eclipse was the best by far.

I wish she would write all 4 books from Edward's POV. Midnight Sun is awesome and the rest would be fantastic. Even better than the saga now I reckon.

Just my two cewnts worth. ;)
lol i've never thought of it..i liked the book but i just realised that i expected so much more from BD too..i mean indeed Bella and Edward were different after Renesmee's birth, they were more serious than before. i would like to see more with Bella as vampire, and Edward - how he would move around her now that she wasn't so much fregile and everything..and also the volturi scene was kinda boring..sorry..=/ though, i liked the last scene from the book where Bella let Edward see her thoughts :) that was unexpecting i have to say and i loved it! :)
YEP TOTALLY AGREE! Eclispe is my favourite too!!! and yeh i cant even read BD anymore it annoys me so much lol weird to say that coz i hate speaking ill of anything twilight related but its true... and yeh maybe it does have something to do with being sick of bella... bring on midnight sun! lol i love a good twilight debate

Larah7 said:
No-one throw daggers at me! I was really disappointed with BD. I know the whole saga was a fantasy but I thought BD was a little too much and too rushed for sure. Maybe coz by the end I was so sick of Bella. (sorry guys!!!) I loved the saga but Eclipse was the best by far.

I wish she would write all 4 books from Edward's POV. Midnight Sun is awesome and the rest would be fantastic. Even better than the saga now I reckon.

Just my two cewnts worth. ;)
breaking dawn is my favourite book out of the series but yeah i do see your point aswell. i really feel there was a relationship between edward and renesmee even though i know edward feels bad for what renesmee put bella through. but what kind of annoyed me was when bella is teling ness shes the prettyiest and edawrd says he doesnt agree with that,i thought that was a bit mean tbh whens its his daughter:S but i did love the book a lot:)
Only because it was the end. All series have to end sometime. Don't really want to see them all killed off just to end speculation and the desire for more, that would be too sad. Perhaps Stephenie will do a follow-up book in a few years. She certainly has a captive audience and a huge following. JKR did 7, Stephenie should be able to do 6 or maybe evern 8. I would like that.
I think everything ended as it should have. The moments where Edward could see in Bella's head and feel her emotional connection to her memories was awesome since all along it drove him nuts to never be able to hear her thoughts. I thought the ending was great and very loving.
I agree with you. There were many times I put the book down and thought I would not finish it.....And then I would pick it up again that same day.
I too fell like Bella and Edward are different. I went from loving and hating Bella for what she put both Edward and Jacob through. I felt like she lead Jacob on in all the books. I was mad because most girls are lucky enough to find ONE boy that loves her. Here she had two really beautiful and wonderful boys that were crazy about her.......and would do anything for her.
I really don't like the relationship betwen Jacob and Reneesmee. That is kinda creepy to me.
Love the series except Renesme. Would have been perfect if she weren't in it for me.
It's because everyting turns out stupidly perfect, you (I at least) just feel like whacking your head against a brick wall. I simply hated Breaking Dawn, nothing unexpected happened, you could tell (even from Eclipse) that because Bella wanted to "do it" as a human she was going to get pregnant. It's the pattern in Twilight, almost all girls want or have babies. Bella has babies, Rosalie wants babies, Leah wants babies, Esme wants babies.... It was pretty predictable is what I mean to say. Although Renesmee is brilliant to make fun of! xD Come on, Renesmee!!!! LOL
Oh Blasphemy! JK. Seriously tho, BD was my fav book from the whole series. And yes, the relationship changed with Edward and Bella, but I was always rooting for the Vampire Bella. I thought it was a nice switch from her perpetual "damsel in distress" persona she kept thru the other 3 books. It was cool to see her go from a helpless human to one of the most powerful cornerstones of the Cullen's defense. And the fact that he could finally hear her thoughts after he tortured himself over the last few years about not being able to hear her gave them some balance finally. Edward gave Bella anything and everything she wanted- this was probably the best gift she could have ever given him.

Anyway, I like the fact that some things were left open ended. Maybe SM will be so nice to grace us with one more literary work of art!! It would be cool to to see how Jacob and Renesmee's develop, and what happens with the Volturi, Bella and Edward in college, etc... Or even if she finished Midnight Sun and created another semi-parallel to the Twilight Saga from Edward's point of view. Stephanie if you are reading these......PLEASE!!!
i completely agree! it was rather disappointing. i thought everything with the volturi ended wayyy too peacefully. there should have at least been some action. the fact that all they did was talk was like wtf?!?!? the first 3 books were amazing but i felt like maybe stephenie was afraid to hurt the characters. a happy ending is great and all but there should have been more drama to get to that point.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...