Is everyone else as disappointed as I am with the ending of Breaking Dawn???

Ok, so I love everything else about the Twilight series but I'm really disappointed with Breaking Dawn. Just to name a few things - the end scene is a total anti-climax, I mean I for one wanted a big showdown with the Volturi.. and it's this huge build up then NOTHING. They just leave and walk away. Also Bella and Edward just seem... different. Maybe its Reneesmee.. I really don't like her. I think part of it is because by Bella having her she put Edward through so much pain. It's just disappointing after 3 fantastic books the way Breaking Dawn wraps everything up so quickly too.. I dont think its up to the same standards as the rest of the books. Stephanie was definitely over it and wanted to get on with her other writing by the feel of it.

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, I would love to see Stephanie continue with other stories from the different characters we have grown to love over the 4 books. Besides, I would give my husband something else to moan about, he wouldnt have seen the other covers before, & would not be able to say "WHAT! You're reading it AGAIN??"

bwen said:
I actually love the last book, except that I think it was ended too quickly, perhaps it should have been 2 books.
In the last book I feel the change in Edward and Bella's relationship is because they were equals now, and we had been so used to Edward always rescuing her.
Also in the previous books the multiple story lines that Stephanie usually balances, seemed to be rather 2 dimensional in the last part of Breaking Dawn almost like an after thought or just a vehicle to tie events together, like how Charlie and Renee are treated, Renee is almost ignored which not characteristic of Bella or Renee.
But I still love BD and wish Stephanie would continue with additional stories because there are so many stories she could create from the rich characters in these books.
The imprint killed the book for me-it was a complete cop out. Instead of letting Jacob have dignity and be the tragic figure of the series in some sense-they make him a toddler's pet. UGH.
I was happy with the ending, I felt like it was perfect! They get to be together forever and that was what they wanted. I think I might have liked Renesmee a little better if she would have had a different name. The first time I read that part I think my jaw dropped, and I was in disbelief! I thought it was kind of dumb and immature, I mean Bella was 18 not 12! And Edward should have had some suggestions of his own. Am I the only one that feels this way?
I love EVERYTHING about this book, it is my absoultely favorite book EVER, not just the Twilight Saga. ILaugh, blush, cry, blush some more and cry some more. Everything was such a shock but it all fit together amazingly. When I first read through it my husband was asking if I was ok, I was so flushed, I am a natural red head who blushes if u even look at me but the entire time, every thime, I read it I stay with a constant flush. Not just oh... swoon..... over the droolwother guys but and emotional as well as a physical reaction. Disappointed is not a word I would ever use in reguards to the whol Twilight Saga, other than the disappoint that it has an end.
wow i never thought about the imprint that way but now that you mention it......lol Im guessing you are team Jacob?
I was happy that Jacob could finaly have some happiness and it all clicked like oooooo so THAT's why he has been so drawn to Bella this whole time.... but yeh i love hearing eveyones different takes on this book all the same

Dana said:
The imprint killed the book for me-it was a complete cop out. Instead of letting Jacob have dignity and be the tragic figure of the series in some sense-they make him a toddler's pet. UGH.
i seem to be having problems with last books in various series yes iw as disaapointed in the whole BD book i found the whole thing just kind of soppy and just not ful filling my fave was eclipse closely followed by twilight and then NM

had same reaction to JK rowlings last book deathly hallows as well

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...