Is everyone else as disappointed as I am with the ending of Breaking Dawn???

Ok, so I love everything else about the Twilight series but I'm really disappointed with Breaking Dawn. Just to name a few things - the end scene is a total anti-climax, I mean I for one wanted a big showdown with the Volturi.. and it's this huge build up then NOTHING. They just leave and walk away. Also Bella and Edward just seem... different. Maybe its Reneesmee.. I really don't like her. I think part of it is because by Bella having her she put Edward through so much pain. It's just disappointing after 3 fantastic books the way Breaking Dawn wraps everything up so quickly too.. I dont think its up to the same standards as the rest of the books. Stephanie was definitely over it and wanted to get on with her other writing by the feel of it.

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think it ended perfectly to because it took them so long to finally be together and then more complications came along with renesmee pregnancy and then the volturi were after them and bella had know idea how it was goin to end she thought they were all dead and thats why alice left but then at the end they were all together and nobody was tryin to kill them so they could all finally be a family

Aurora Belle said:
You see I find that odd as I think Breaking Dawn is my fave book of the series - I feel like everything ends up just as it should be - they can all finally relax and concentrate on loving each other and having a happy life - I think the way it ends is perfect
Bella changed remarkably from the first book, Twilight. In Twilight, in the beginning she was an independent, self-aware young woman who had made a very big decision and took a huge step in moving to Forks. In NM, she has become so clingy and dependent on Edward that when he leaves she comes completely unglued, and is unable to work her way through it because everything she does is still related to how it can connect her to Edward. In Eclipse she lets Jacob and Edward try to control her, even sneaking away from Edward to go see Jacob. Grow a spine, girl! Tell them to both take a hike if they don't like what you are doing, and hold out for someone who will accept you as you are and not try to limit what you do. Then in BD she becomes this martyr deal, and it goes on and on.

She regressed from an independent, together, self-aware and self-assured young woman in Twilight to being child-like in her dependency for most of BD. I don't know why SM is so into being carried around like a damsel in distress, but throughout Eclipse and BD I thought Bella had eveloped multiple sclerosis or something because the men had to carry her so often. Then, when Bella trurns, she's a perfect vampire princess in every way, and ta-da!! saves the day.

And along the way I started wondering, "What is wrong with Edward, this incredible guy, that he would be so gaga over someone who is so clingy and dependent?"

Maggie said:
i think that's the problem
we fell in love with twilight's bella and edward but in BD they were just different characters
i know characters are supposed to evolve but bella changed completely and she lost everything that made her attractive (as a character)

Simone Melissa Geier said:
I have expected more... I think Reneesmee is...weird. Edward was skidded in the backround because of her. After her changing, Bella wasn't the same person as before.
And I miss the feelings in the wedding scene....
Yes... now this is everything I was thinking but you were actually able to articulate it!! It DID feel like SM was done with the books and was just trying to get it over and done with in BD... which is sooo disappointing because personally, I can't fault the previous 3 books.
Oh well... I guess we can all just take comfort in the fact that Edward and Bella got their happily ever after

Morgaine Chya said:
Breaking Dawn was a disappointment for me in general. I got the impression that SM was done with the Twilight series (as far as what she wanted to do) after Eclipse, but had committed to the fourth book. It seemed very goal-oriented, going from point A to point B to tie up all the loose ends. But in the process she creates these incredibly interesting characters with which she does nothing. The book could have easily have been two or three books.

I also grew very weary of the whole Reneseme thing. It's like a new mother and her going on and on and on and on about her first kid. But SM kind of did that with all of the characters as the books progressed. In Twilight the characters were so interseting, fully developed, and had flaws. As the books progressed, they became almost cartoons--always perfect, always unbelievably awesome or unbelievably heinous.

The other thing that was uncomfortable for me as the books wore on, and especially in BD, is the whole martyr complex of Bella, and how for the majority of BD the wonderful Edward character is reduced to worshipping Bella's martyrdom and then Reneseme.
I had a different reaction at the end of BD...I really didn't care what happened to Bella, Edward and Reneseme. For me, they had devolved to basically paper dolls. There were a lot of the other characters I would love to see developed--and I've done that for myself, oh you should see the backstory I have for Jazz.

That's what I lilke about discussing Twilight--there are so many different takes on stuff in the books.

Oh My Jacob!! HaHa said:
i think breaking dawn is the best book but that is just my opinion see i dont like how she said the end tho at the end of that book becuz its more like bella edward and renesmee's lives are just beginning so i feel it rlly isnt the end and i wanna kno how renesmee grows up and wat happens to her and jacob see it rlly is the beginning for their whole future all together and bwen ur exactly right renee was ignored and also she should make more books it makes me sad actually to read BD becuz it is the last book (so far) and like i said multiple times it ISNT the end it is just the beginning yes i kno stephenie thinks she is popular now and she can get more people to read her other books that she will come out with but every single one of those twilight fans want her to keep on writing i am going to miss it she created a world every girl wish they could be in (and mayb some guys if they like the twilight saga) like every 1 that i kno that read it fell in love i wanna find a werewolf friend and i wanna fall in love with a vasmpire and then have a baby with him and then be changed so i would be immortal i want that soooo bad cuz no one wants to die to actually answer ur question i think it depend on how ur looking at it like the volturi have actually found their match and that was a pretty good part foer some of the ending and i didnt like how they left things off for like charlie and renee and edward bella and renesmee and jacob and the rest of the coven and wolf pack it is very sad to think about
I loved Breaking Dawn but was disappointed with the ending. I wanted to know so much more but nope, Stehenie Meyer had to write the end. I would love for her to finish Midnight Sun and then write the rest of the series in his version also. I would love to know what Edward was up to during that time he disappeared in New Moon.
Breaking Dawn is my least favourite Twilight book and these are the reasons why:
In my opinion was completely disappointing. The whole half human / half vampire child seemed unnecessary and ridiculous. I felt we never got that big epic conclusion to Bella and Edward story. However I didn't hate the book but felt it lacked the closer I wanted at the end. I felt with each twist and turn of the story seemed like it wanted to go somewhere but after awhile the story got lost and ended in weird spots that seemed rather pointless. Much like Renesme, I know the story was meant to show that Bella and Edwards relationship was growing and representing them as a serious couple, but why did it go from one drama to the next.
It went from wedding, reception, honeymoon, pregnant, child birth/ becoming a vampire and then the Volturi attack. Edward and Bella didn't have time to relax and be with each other apart from the honeymoon but that was just all about sex.
The wedding really made me angry, in Eclipse Bella made all the fuss about not wanting to get married to Edward and being married at an young age and then she ends up at the alter with him but then the wedding was all over in a flash, you would of thought they would of written vowels for each other.
And the reception, I felt if Jacob didn't return Stephenie would of probably skip over it, But in saying that I felt that the whole wedding/reception was all ruched so they could get on there honeymoon quicker.
The whole build up with the Volturi was just a joke, the Cullen's summoned all these different vampires from across the world for them to just stand there. You would of thought there would be at least a fight but no, nothing at all.
I didn't like how everything worked out in the end. Bella and Edward are happy with a baby Jacob is still in Bella's life, Rosalie and Bella become best buds and I hated that Bella and Alice went from best buds to barely nothing at all. It's like a soap opera ending, build you up, increase the suspense and then nothing, as they all lived happily ever after.
Forever and ever and ever.
Yep... totally agree with everything your saying! Also good point bout Bella and Alice.. I hated that they weren't close through BD too coz Alice is awesome.

KellanLover said:
Breaking Dawn is my least favourite Twilight book and these are the reasons why:
In my opinion was completely disappointing. The whole half human / half vampire child seemed unnecessary and ridiculous. I felt we never got that big epic conclusion to Bella and Edward story. However I didn't hate the book but felt it lacked the closer I wanted at the end. I felt with each twist and turn of the story seemed like it wanted to go somewhere but after awhile the story got lost and ended in weird spots that seemed rather pointless. Much like Renesme, I know the story was meant to show that Bella and Edwards relationship was growing and representing them as a serious couple, but why did it go from one drama to the next.
It went from wedding, reception, honeymoon, pregnant, child birth/ becoming a vampire and then the Volturi attack. Edward and Bella didn't have time to relax and be with each other apart from the honeymoon but that was just all about sex.
The wedding really made me angry, in Eclipse Bella made all the fuss about not wanting to get married to Edward and being married at an young age and then she ends up at the alter with him but then the wedding was all over in a flash, you would of thought they would of written vowels for each other.
And the reception, I felt if Jacob didn't return Stephenie would of probably skip over it, But in saying that I felt that the whole wedding/reception was all ruched so they could get on there honeymoon quicker.
The whole build up with the Volturi was just a joke, the Cullen's summoned all these different vampires from across the world for them to just stand there. You would of thought there would be at least a fight but no, nothing at all.
I didn't like how everything worked out in the end. Bella and Edward are happy with a baby Jacob is still in Bella's life, Rosalie and Bella become best buds and I hated that Bella and Alice went from best buds to barely nothing at all. It's like a soap opera ending, build you up, increase the suspense and then nothing, as they all lived happily ever after.
Forever and ever and ever.
I think the truth is none of us wanted the twilight saga to end now i am speaking for myself when i turned the last page and saw "The End" I was gutted so to speak. There was so much more i wanted to know yeah all got their happy endings but SM some how she left openings in her story which gave some hope, there are so many different angles that she could have carried on The Volturi.. as she wrote in Eclipse they do not like to lose as they never had, the relationship with Renesemee and Jacob, Leah...... but as we all know may never come
Yeah man i was gutted too it just seemed so fast i didnt want it to end thats right but we all know everystory has an ending like "and they lived happily ever after" but still something more romantic or amazing could have happened! Plus i was so interested in Jacob and Renesmee I waish she would carry no with another book like that book most of us want to see midnight sun. she should write more!!!

Dee Bella Cullen said:
I think the truth is none of us wanted the twilight saga to end now i am speaking for myself when i turned the last page and saw "The End" I was gutted so to speak. There was so much more i wanted to know yeah all got their happy endings but SM some how she left openings in her story which gave some hope, there are so many different angles that she could have carried on The Volturi.. as she wrote in Eclipse they do not like to lose as they never had, the relationship with Renesemee and Jacob, Leah...... but as we all know may never come
Although everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I am not sure I agree with you..:( I found that Bella's explanantion of what it is like to be a vampire was very thorough and interesting. I did think, however, that she was kind of dumb about the whole pregnancy thing, and agree with you about what you said about putting Edward through so much pain, but I also think there was a reason even she wasn't aware of that whole time for wanting to keep Renesmee safe...Jacob. There was always a pull for her, and without knowing, it was because Jacob was meant to be with Renesmee, you know? The Volturi were a slight letdown, but they are supposed to be fair with their judgements, and I think that they were, because once they discovered Nessie was not an immortal child and dangerous, they backed off...fair? I thought so! Of course, the end of the book left me wanting so much more...I am glad it was kind of a happily ever after type scenario.
I like the BD book a lot. it just ended to Abrut, i was looking to get more after Bella was turned into a Vampire. i neeed a lil more. but other dan that is my fav book from the saga
I'm so disapointed by the ending.
I cannot read breaking dawn anymore because of this stupid ending.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...