Hi everyone,

I'm kind of new to Twilight and have never posted anything before, but I found something you might be interested in. A writer (a real one) has actually finished Midnight Sun, all 12 chapters and an epilogue. It's really excellent. If you want to see it, it's at:

//palassiter.wordpress.com/mail/h/

The honeymoon scenes from Breaking Dawn are there too, but they're not quite done. (for "mature" readers.)

I was really excited to read it after all this time. What do you think?

JanieJ Cullen

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Midnight Sun is something everyone gets very sensitive about, though.  I have no problem with original fan fic stories (original in the sense that it's a completely new story), but the idea of someone finishing MS for Stephenie makes me feel very uncomfortable.  It reminds me of why it wasn't finished in the first place.
Awesome. Thank you!
If you are familiar with Fanfiction.net, then you know that Stephenie Meyer has approved her stories to be fanfic'd.  The fact that MS was never published apparently doesn't matter to SM regarding fanfic, so I believe SM is totally approving of anyone "finishing" MS with their version.  We all have to remember that fanfic is a non-profitable entity for all of us "fans" to enjoy.  It overwhelms me that SM has inspired so many thousands of would-be writers to embellish her stories and re-create her characters in so many eloquent ways.

Tornado said:
Midnight Sun is something everyone gets very sensitive about, though.  I have no problem with original fan fic stories (original in the sense that it's a completely new story), but the idea of someone finishing MS for Stephenie makes me feel very uncomfortable.  It reminds me of why it wasn't finished in the first place.
I totally agree! I honestly don't get the appeal of fanfiction. That's just my opinion. I will patiently wait until SM one day finishes it. I think she will, just wants to take a break & work on other projects for the time being.

Tornado said:
This is really just a piece of fanfiction. No professional writer would do this, as they would likely be sued. And who's going to get Edward exactly right apart from Stephenie, anyway?

I'd rather wait until SM's version comes out (whenever that is) and take it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. No one else is going to get it right
Sorry, Liz, but I don't think SM would have been thinking of people finishing Midnight Sun when she said she approved of fanfiction.  It's a slightly different ball game, as it is not a fanfic story, but a story that she has half written and has yet to complete.
Thanks so much.  Now maybe i can stop wondering what the next chapters would be like.  Even though its not written by SM.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...