Hi all.

I have been mulling over something for a while and I can't figure out if it is a mistake or not in the Twilight book. It takes place near the end of the story.

When James starts to hunt Bella. She escapes to the Cullen house with Edward that night. She lets Charlie believe she is leaving Forks for good in her TRUCK. That truck is left in the Cullen Garage as Bella, Alice and Jasper takes off toward Phoenex in Carlisle's car. As we all know Bella gets a few bruises and ends up in a hospital bed... The tricky part is then, what do they explain to Charlie about Bella's truck not being in Phoenix, when she supposedly would have driven it there. Charlie is a cop and he is going to wonder about that... wouldn't he?

I can't find a suggestion to what Charlie would believe or what he would have been told... Perhaps only Stephenie could answer that one... or do I have it all wrong? Is it a mistake in context of the story?

I hope you can help clear that up for me.

MY ANSWER

First of all thank you so much for all your answers and theories.

Okay based on all your great replys... I have sort of come up with a theory. I personally think there is no way on earth they would have driven the truck from Forks to Phoenix. It is a senior and seriously slow.

What I think is; that they fabricated some kind of theory/story that Alice or Jasper already headed home to Forks driving the truck, because Bella will be unable to based on her injuries. I think Charlie would have asked questions regarding the truck, but probably not Renée.

That is my answer and thw is what I am sticking with.

Thanks again :-)

Love Nelly, who just saw the Eclipse trailer and is seriously psyked!!!

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that it's probably just assumed that "The Cullen's" would drive it down there or something. Rosalie or Esme maybe seeing as they stayed behind. They could possibly just have told Charlie that Alice or Emmett or one of them drove it back to Forks as soon as she was in the hospital. But yes you are right, I don't recall reading or hearing anything about her truck from the movie.
U GOT THE BOOK MIXED UP WITH DA BOOK!!!HAHA!!!DAT HAPPENS TO ME 2!!!ROSE AND ESME TAKE HER TRUCK SO DEY COULD TRICK VICTORIA INTO THINKING DAT BELLA WAS IN THE TRUCK...WHEN BELLA GOT HURT WELL I GUESS ESME AND ROSE TOOK THE TRUCK 2 THE HOSPITAL....THEY ARE VAMPIRES DEY WOULD OF FIGURED IT OUT HOW TO TRICK CHARLIE AND RENEE....DAT LAST PART CAN ONLY BE TOLD BY STEPHENIE!!!THE TRUCK IS NOT LEFT IN DA CULLEN GARAGE DEY DO TAKE CARLISLE'S CAR THOUGH....HOPED DAT HELPED...
EDWARD CARLISLE AND EMMETT TUCK THE JEEP!!I READ IT IN DA 12 CHAPTERS OF MIDNIGHT SUN!!!STEPHENIE SHOWS THE LINK IN HER WEBSITE!!!SHE SAID WE COULD READ IT BUT DAT SHE WAS DISSAPOINTED IN DA PERSON DAT POSTED DA 12 CHAPTERS!!!SO DONT ATTACK ME HAHA!!LOL
you; can always mail stephanie she answers these kind of questions.... but i think you are right... though charlie should have brought that up unless when time passed in the book it all happen then u know
midngiht sun is not that far into that area yet... its like ch. 12 and there going to go to the medow to show bella how he looks in the sun.. so its imposible you got that there... that only happens in the movie...

Nancy Lopez said:
EDWARD CARLISLE AND EMMETT TUCK THE JEEP!!I READ IT IN DA 12 CHAPTERS OF MIDNIGHT SUN!!!STEPHENIE SHOWS THE LINK IN HER WEBSITE!!!SHE SAID WE COULD READ IT BUT DAT SHE WAS DISSAPOINTED IN DA PERSON DAT POSTED DA 12 CHAPTERS!!!SO DONT ATTACK ME HAHA!!LOL
u got that right i think she made a mistake there and youre right i guess..they would bring back the truck;P
OOPS MY BAD I GOT CONFUSED WITH THE ONE DAT A PERSON DID SEE I GET CONFUSED TO!!!DAMN IT JUSTASK STEPHENIE!!HAHA

mariella said:
midngiht sun is not that far into that area yet... its like ch. 12 and there going to go to the medow to show bella how he looks in the sun.. so its imposible you got that there... that only happens in the movie...

Nancy Lopez said:
I THINK DEY GOT THE TRUCK DER....BUT REMEMBER IN DA TWILIGHT BOOK DEY SAID ESME AND ROSALIE WERE GONNA TAKE DA TRUCK...I THINK DEY WOULD OF BROUGHT IT BACK TO DA HOSPITAL!!!I JUST WENT AND READ MY TRUSTY TWILIGHT BOOK CARLISLE SAID ESME AND ROSALIE WILL BE TAKING UR TRUCK BELLA DEN HE SAID ALICE JASPER TAKE DA MERCEDES.YOU'LL NEED DA DARK TINT IN DA SOUTH.DEN HE SAID WERE TAKING DA JEEP!!!SEEEEEE!!!I WAS RIGHT!!!OHHHH MY BEAUTIFUL TWILIGHT BOOK U ALWAYS BACK ME UP HAHAHA LOL!!!
wow you are very observative...never thought about it...hmmm
Here's what I've never understood. Doesn't the hospital notice that she has a big ole BITE mark on her arm???
Yeah you are right, if they didn't do anything to disguise that, a doctor would ask questions. But Carlisle was there, probably he could diverge the questions and throw off suspecion.

Rachel Fordham said:
Here's what I've never understood. Doesn't the hospital notice that she has a big ole BITE mark on her arm???
im seriously psyked about elipse aswell, its so unfair that it goes out in america before the uk though everyone starts talkin about it on here and im sat here in the dark abotu everything hehe x

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...