'Twilight' definitely opened doors for him

Posted by dazzledbytwilight Sunday, July 10, 2011 3:00:14 PM

ComingSoon.Net interviewed Kellan Lutz on the set of his latest film, 'Immortals.'  Lutz portrays Poseidon in this epic mythological fantasy.

An excerpt:

Q: Can you tell us about the casting process and why you wanted to be cast?

Lutz: I read the script of this a while ago and I loved it, fell in love with it. At first auditioned for Ares, which I loved... they liked what I did, but they viewed Ares as taller, skinnier and more youthful, so I was really bummed because they didn't really release all the characters for this movie and then I was like, 'Okay, how about young Zeus?' But then they had rumored that Alex Skarsgård and his father were going to do young Zeus and older Zeus, so I was just really bummed. I wanted to play someone in this movie. I love mythology, grew up loving it. I'm a middle kid, big family, that's the thing you did in the farm country. [Laughs] I lived in Iowa, I loved mythology. I don't know, we're like that. But I also love Poseidon and I'm a Pieces, March 15th is my birthday, I love to swim, I competed in swimming, I swim in my backyard as much as I can when I'm back home and again, I never saw the role of Poseidon in here. So then they called back saying that I couldn't do young Zeus and then they offered me Poseidon and I'm like, "What? Where's Poseidon? Yeah! For sure!"

Q: Do you see this movie as a step up for you or a challenge to get out of "The Twilight Saga"?

Lutz: I'm very blessed with "The Saga" because I am a character that, yeah, people ask why I don't have as many lines as everyone else. Well, I can't change the books so my character's more of a presence. Even in "Eclipse," I have more action and fighting scenes than I do dialogue. I can't help that. I'm very fortunate and blessed that it still pushes my career up to the level where I'm not the face of the books, so I'm still, like floating, so the next thing I do, like the other independent movies I do and I'm very choosy with like "The Killing Game" is my own type of underground "Gladiator"/Jason Bourne type of movie. That's what I want to do so being a part of these huge commercial movies like "Twilight" opens up doors so I can be the star of other movies and really show my acting chops, show and pick what I want to do as an actor kind of molded my career.

Read the rest on ComingSoon.net.

Tags: emmettkellan_lutztwilight

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner bring some star power to the red carpet

Posted by dazzledbytwilight Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:47:56 AM
Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner lent their star power in support of Chris Weitz's new drama, "A Better Life," which premiered in Los Angeles on June 22.

From Movieline:

Chris Weitz’s L.A.-set drama A Better Life features no stars (well, its lead is ‘the George Clooney of Mexico’) and no vampires, but it got a profile boost Tuesday night when two of the stars of Weitz’s last movie, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, made a red carpet appearance in support of their former director. Fresh off of filming on November’s Breaking Dawn, the Twilight duo posed for photos but left the media spotlight to Weitz and Co. to talk up their potential awards contender, about an illegal immigrant father and his teenage son struggling to make it in East L.A.

A Better Life, something of a Bicycle Thieves set in the vast, disconnected urban landscape of contemporary Los Angeles, was a passion project for Weitz even before he took on his career-boosting gig directing 2009’s The Twilight Saga: New Moon. The film follows hard-working gardener Carlos (played by well-known Mexican actor and Weeds star Demián Bichir) as he invests everything he has into the chance to build a business for himself, then connects with his troubled son (17-year-old newcomer José Julián) when crisis strikes.
Tags: chris_weitzkristen_stewartkristenstewartnew_moontaylor_lautnertaylorlautner

New poster and trailer

Posted by dazzledbytwilight Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:06:52 PM

Have a look at the new poster for "The Immortals," which stars Kellan Lutz as Poseidon. 

Notable co-stars are Mickey Rourke, John Hurt, Freida Pinto, and Henry Cavill (let's remember that he's also going to be the new Superman, and he was Stephenie Meyer's "perfect Edward").

If you haven't seen it yet, here's the trailer:

Source:  The Lexicon

Tags: kellan_lutz

It's not a yes, and but it's not quite a no.

Posted by dazzledbytwilight Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:52:33 PM

The Los Angeles Times looks into the casting rumors regarding the anticipated Jeff Buckley biopic:

New rumors swirling around the long-awaited Jeff Buckley biopic have falsely pitted actor Penn Badgley as the lead in the film about the late singer-songwriter. According to the film's co-producer, Orian Williams, the gossip surrounding the "Gossip Girl" star is compounded on further inaccuracies that "Twilight" heartthrob Robert Pattinson had been considered a shoe-in for the role of the enigmatic singer-songwriter.

"Penn is not involved in the film at all," Williams said in a phone interview. "It's crazy how these stories get out." When asked about Pattinson's involvement with the film, Williams said that although he's a fan of the British actor, he'd only had preliminary meetings with Pattinson, who was interested in auditioning for the film project, now almost six years in the making. Williams, along with producer Michelle Sy, casting director Billy Hopkins and executive producer Mary Guibert, Buckley's mother, are still seeking out actors for the casting process, which will likely begin in October, Williams said.

Most likely, the film will star an unknown actor who can portray Buckley without the weight of any preconceived Hollywood expectations, added Williams, who helped cast Sam Riley in the lead role of Ian Curtis in the 2007 biopic "Control" about the Joy Division front man. Williams said he's hoping to follow the same standards of finding someone with a low profile who can deliver Buckley's intense personality and haunting falsetto. "[The producers] are all very unified in our search to find the perfect person to play Jeff," Williams said.

Read the rest on the LA Times.

Via @RPLife

Tags: robert_pattinsonrobertpattinson

Know your memes!

Posted by dazzledbytwilight Monday, July 18, 2011 12:44:54 AM

If you know your memes, well then you shouldn't be surprised to see Sad Keanu on the 'Twilight' set.

Tags: kristen_stewartkristenstewartrobert_pattinsonrobertpattinsontwilight

How early can we get one?

Posted by dazzledbytwilight Monday, July 18, 2011 12:18:38 AM

The 'Breaking Dawn, Part 1' 16-month calendar is available at Amazon for pre-order, although it currently says "Temporarily out of stock."

The individual months' images are shown on the back:

Via RPLife

Tags: bellabreaking_dawnedwardjacob

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...