This takes place thirteen years after Breaking Dawn. It's an Embry imprint story but most of the time you'll be reading from the imprint's (aka: Rosaline) P.O.V. I switch the P.O.V.'s every chapter to mix it up and try to give you some insight as to how each side is feeling about the current situation. I will try to update as often as I can but cannot make any promises.

That's all I wanted to say. Read on and enjoy!

Introduction
My name is Giselle Morgans. I’m twenty-seven years old and I am a vampire. My fifteen year old daughter, Rosaline and I live in Los Angeles, California. But we haven’t always lived here. Ever since my daughter was one year old-ever since I was turned into a vampire- we have been moving from place to place to prevent anyone from becoming suspicious of my secret.

I worked as a RN at St. Catherine’s Hospital in Los Angeles on the nightshift so that no one could see what the sunlight did to my skin. I wore contacts to make my eyes look normal because the last time I checked nobody had gold eyes. So I wore brown contacts to cover them up; even though my original eye color when I was human was blue. I had dark brown hair but when it was shown in sunlight you could see streaks of blonde. My skin is pale white and ice cold; but when I was human I had nice tanned skin.

My daughter was beautiful. She had her father’s sunshine blonde hair and his beautiful smile. She had my sapphire blue eyes and perfect skin. Like every other mother, she was the apple of my eye. She had excellent grades and dozens of friends. She made friends easily whenever we moved to a new place; which was a load off of my back. She didn’t have a boyfriend; although I have permitted her to date. I guess she didn’t find any of the boys at her school attractive. It didn’t matter to me; it was just another load off of my mind.

Her father, Victor Troy, isn’t involved in her life. After I was turned into a vampire I grabbed Rosaline and started driving. He didn’t like it; but I didn’t care. He never bothered trying to find us and I was grateful. I had left him a note telling him that I loved him but I had to leave and that I was taking Rosaline with me. I also wrote that I would take good care of her and I asked him not to follow us or come looking for us. Obviously the note worked or else I would’ve heard from him long ago. We weren’t married, which made the separation easier.

What wasn’t easy was driving in the car with Rosaline. Her scent filled the car and it made it hard for me to control myself. I kept driving from Seattle until I drove into a small town called Forks. That was where I met the Cullens, a coven of vampires that survived on animal blood instead of drinking from humans.

I loved living with them. They taught me how to survive on animal blood like them and they gave me and my daughter a home when we had nowhere else to go. Bella and Edward’s daughter Renesmee was a complete sweetheart. She and Rosaline played together often, and the Cullens didn’t mind having another child around. They loved Rosaline like she was their own.

Sadly after a couple of years we had to move on. They understood, but insisted on keeping in touch. I emailed Alice every week and sent her pictures and told her how Rosaline was doing. She did the same thing for me in return; sent me pictures and updated me on where they were. The most recent email I received from Alice said that they were in England, but were moving back to Forks soon. She said that Bella couldn’t stand being away from her dad and Jacob wanted to come back to see his family and his pack brothers.

I figured it would be time to move on again; it’s been four years since our last move and it wouldn’t be much longer before people grew suspicious. So why not move back to Forks?

So I answered Alice’s last email and made the decision to move back to Forks while I was typing. At the end of the email I asked her to keep it a secret from the rest of the family; I wanted it to be a surprise. I knew Alice would understand.

As soon as I sent the email I went to my daughter’s room. I could hear that she was listening to her music so I knocked first. She turned her music off and took the ear buds out of her ears before she yelled, “Come in.” I would’ve heard her even if she whispered it. But she didn’t know that; she thought I was a normal human. I never told her that I was a vampire. I wanted her to believe that I was normal and human.

I opened the door and I found her sitting on her bed. The walls of her bedroom were plastered with posters of pop stars and rock bands like Justin Beiber and Fall Out Boy; normal for a teenage girl.

“Hey, Mom. What’s up” she asked.

I walked over and sat on her bed. I gave her a kiss on the forehead; she never found that embarrassing, even in front of her friends. “Hi, sweetheart. I have some news,” I told her.

“Let me guess, we’re moving?” she asked. I nodded and she sighed. “Well, I guess we were going to sooner or later. So where are we moving to?”

“A little town in Washington called Forks. You’ll like it there, sweetie. There isn’t a lot of sun, but it’s a nice town.”

She sighed again. “I just wish we could stay in one place for more than just a few years. But it’s okay. When are moving?”

“In two days. That will give me enough time to pack our stuff and get you settled into Forks High School. Why don’t you get some sleep and tomorrow we’ll start packing your things, okay?” She nodded and I kissed her forehead again. “Goodnight, Rosaline.”

“Goodnight, Mom.” She got underneath her covers and I shut off the light on my way out. As I closed the door behind me I heaved a sigh. It was never easy for me to tell her that we were moving again, but I had to do it.

The next morning we had packed up all of Rosaline’s posters and clothes and her other knick knacks like books and CDs. She asked me why we were leaving the furniture behind and I told her that we didn’t need it where we were going; that there would be furniture already where we were moving to. She didn’t think it made any sense, but she didn’t argue. I already packed the dishes and silverware while she slept and all of my own belongings. She was settled in at Forks High School and planned on going a few days after we arrived and moved in, so the next day we were ready to leave.

We left early the next day to avoid revealing my skin in the sunlight. I tinted the windows for more protection. A couple of hours into the trip she fell asleep. A few times I had to stop because she needed to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. We had left L.A. at five-thirty and we didn’t cross the California-Oregon state line until about two; then we reached the Oregon-Washington state line by four. Rosalie was asleep again when we finally arrived in Forks.

*I will update afer five comments. That's my limit for an update. Thank you for reading!* 

Tags: after breaking dawn, embry, fan fiction

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's absolutely true that the myths are unreal and filthy. A myth is just a perception of one's mind which is a subjective thought and is far far away from the absolute truth.
http://www.moviesorb.com/the-smurfs-movie-online
I love this!!! You r a really good writer with toms of potential. You should try reading my fan fiction called my life in flames.
Keep it up!!!!

Floare de Noapte said:
Introduction

My name is Giselle Morgans. I’m twenty-seven years old and I am a vampire. My fifteen year old daughter, Rosaline and I live in Los Angeles, California. But we haven’t always lived here. Ever since my daughter was one year old-ever since I was turned into a vampire- we have been moving from place to place to prevent anyone from becoming suspicious of my secret.

I worked as a RN at St. Catherine’s Hospital in Los Angeles on the nightshift so that no one could see what the sunlight did to my skin. I wore contacts to make my eyes look normal because the last time I checked nobody had gold eyes. So I wore brown contacts to cover them up; even though my original eye color when I was human was blue. I had dark brown hair but when it was shown in sunlight you could see streaks of blonde. My skin is pale white and ice cold; but when I was human I had nice tanned skin.

My daughter was beautiful. She had her father’s sunshine blonde hair and his beautiful smile. She had my sapphire blue eyes and perfect skin. Like every other mother, she was the apple of my eye. She had excellent grades and dozens of friends. She made friends easily whenever we moved to a new place; which was a load off of my back. She didn’t have a boyfriend; although I have permitted her to date. I guess she didn’t find any of the boys at her school attractive. It didn’t matter to me; it was just another load off of my mind.

Her father, Victor Troy, isn’t involved in her life. After I was turned into a vampire I grabbed Rosaline and started driving. He didn’t like it; but I didn’t care. He never bothered trying to find us and I was grateful. I had left him a note telling him that I loved him but I had to leave and that I was taking Rosaline with me. I also wrote that I would take good care of her and I asked him not to follow us or come looking for us. Obviously the note worked or else I would’ve heard from him long ago. We weren’t married, which made the separation easier.

What wasn’t easy was driving in the car with Rosaline. Her scent filled the car and it made it hard for me to control myself. I kept driving from Seattle until I drove into a small town called Forks. That was where I met the Cullens, a coven of vampires that survived on animal blood instead of drinking from humans.

I loved living with them. They taught me how to survive on animal blood like them and they gave me and my daughter a home when we had nowhere else to go. Bella and Edward’s daughter Renesmee was a complete sweetheart. She and Rosaline played together often, and the Cullens didn’t mind having another child around. They loved Rosaline like she was their own.

Sadly after a couple of years we had to move on. They understood, but insisted on keeping in touch. I emailed Alice every week and sent her pictures and told her how Rosaline was doing. She did the same thing for me in return; sent me pictures and updated me on where they were. The most recent email I received from Alice said that they were in England, but were moving back to Forks soon. She said that Bella couldn’t stand being away from her dad and Jacob wanted to come back to see his family and his pack brothers.

I figured it would be time to move on again; it’s been four years since our last move and it wouldn’t be much longer before people grew suspicious. So why not move back to Forks?

So I answered Alice’s last email and made the decision to move back to Forks while I was typing. At the end of the email I asked her to keep it a secret from the rest of the family; I wanted it to be a surprise. I knew Alice would understand.

As soon as I sent the email I went to my daughter’s room. I could hear that she was listening to her music so I knocked first. She turned her music off and took the ear buds out of her ears before she yelled, “Come in.” I would’ve heard her even if she whispered it. But she didn’t know that; she thought I was a normal human. I never told her that I was a vampire. I wanted her to believe that I was normal and human.

I opened the door and I found her sitting on her bed. The walls of her bedroom were plastered with posters of pop stars and rock bands like Justin Beiber and Fall Out Boy; normal for a teenage girl.

I walked over and sat on her bed. I gave her a kiss on the forehead; she never found that embarrassing, even in front of her friends. “Hi, sweetheart. I have some news,” I told her.

“Let me guess, we’re moving?” she asked. I nodded and she sighed. “Well, I guess we were going to sooner or later. So where are we moving to?”

“A little town in Washington called Forks. You’ll like it there, sweetie. There isn’t a lot of sun, but it’s a nice town.”

She sighed again. “I just wish we could stay in one place for more than just a few years. But it’s okay. When are moving?”

“In two days. That will give me enough time to pack our stuff and get you settled into Forks High School. Why don’t you get some sleep and tomorrow we’ll start packing your things, okay?” She nodded and I kissed her forehead again. “Goodnight, Rosaline.”

“Goodnight, Mom.” She got underneath her covers and I shut off the light on my way out. As I closed the door behind me I heaved a sigh. It was never easy for me to tell her that we were moving again, but I had to do it.

The next morning we had packed up all of Rosaline’s posters and clothes and her other knick knacks like books and CDs. She asked me why we were leaving the furniture behind and I told her that we didn’t need it where we were going; that there would be furniture already where we were moving to. She didn’t think it made any sense, but she didn’t argue. I already packed the dishes and silverware while she slept and all of my own belongings. She was settled in at Forks High School and planned on going a few days after we arrived and moved in, so the next day we were ready to leave.

We left early the next day to avoid revealing my skin in the sunlight. I tinted the windows for more protection. A couple of hours into the trip she fell asleep. A few times I had to stop because she needed to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. We had left L.A. at five-thirty and we didn’t cross the California-Oregon state line until about two; then we reached the Oregon-Washington state line by four. Rosalie was asleep again when we finally arrived in Forks.
write more!!!!!!

Floare de Noapte said:
Introduction

This is so good! keep writing :)

Okay guys. Here's the first chapter. Thx for your comments. Enjoy!

Ch.1: Giselle’s P.O.V.
I stopped at one of the three stop lights in town and I started bouncing in my seat with excitement. I couldn’t wait to see all of the Cullens again. As soon as the light turned green I nearly stomped on the gas pedal. Rosaline felt the jerk of the car and she stirred. “Are we there yet?” she asked, groggy.

I was nearly speeding towards the Cullens house with excitement that I almost missed her question. “Yes, sweetheart. We are almost there,” I answered. “Fifteen more minutes,” I announced as I turned onto the Cullens driveway. They would hear out car turn off of the road and Edward would most likely hear my thoughts. Don’t tell them, I thought. I want it to be a surprise.

We drove through about three miles of forest and fifteen minutes later we were driving up on the house. I could see in my peripheral vision Rosaline’s jaw dropping and her eyes popping out of her skull. “Do you like the house?” I asked her as I drove into the massive garage.

“I love it,” she answered as we got out of the car.

“Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that we will be living with some friends of mine that own the house. They’ve already set up our rooms,” I told her as we walked around to the front door.

“Fine by me.” We walked up the stairs and I opened the door. “Shouldn’t you knock first?” she asked.

“No need to,” I muttered under my breath, much too low for her to hear. We walked through and the inside of the house was just like I remembered; bright and wide and spacious.

“Wow,” I heard Rosaline breath from behind me.

“Edward? Bella? Rosalie? Emmett? Jasper? Alice? Renesmee? Carlisle? Esme?” I whispered under my breath. They would hear me.

Alice flitted down the stairs with Jasper right behind her and skipped up to me. “Giselle!” she greeted me with a huge smile and gave me a tight hug. “It’s been much too long,” she said.

“I missed you too, Alice,” I told her as she released me. I looked over her shoulder and Jasper was standing a few feet behind her. “Jasper, don’t be a stranger. What you didn’t miss me?” I asked. He smiled slightly and held his arms out. “That’s what I thought.” I walked over and gave him a hug as well. Not as tight as Alice’s, but still.

When I released him he said, “Of course I did. I was just keeping my distance.”

I smiled at him before I turned around and asked Alice, “Where are the others?”

“Hunting,” she answered. “They’ll be back in a few minutes. Oh,” she exclaimed. She looked at Rosaline standing behind me. “This is Rosaline? Wow, you’ve grown up.”

“I’m sorry,” Rosaline apologized. “But do I know you?”

“You probably do,” Alice answered. “But you don’t remember. I’ll explain when everyone gets back.” She glared at me and asked, “You didn’t tell her?” she asked under her breath so that Rosaline couldn’t hear.

“Alice, you of all people should know why I didn’t,” I told her.

“Oh, right. The Volturi and you want her to think you are human,” she realized. “But you are going to tell her, right?”

I nodded. “Yes, I’ll tell her. I can’t hide it from her anymore,” I said. “She needs to know. She might not like it, but what choices have I?”

“None,” she answered.

“You’ll be doing the right thing, Giselle,” Jasper said. “She’ll understand.”

I nodded and turned to Rosaline. “Are you hungry?” I asked.

“Starving,” she answered.

“Alice, could you take Rosaline into the kitchen and get her some food?” I asked.

She smiled at Rosaline. “Follow me, please.”

As they walked into the kitchen, out of sight I looked at Jasper and asked, “Could you help me with our stuff?”

“Of course.” And with that we flitted out to the car and grabbed as many boxes as we could and took them up to our rooms. My room was simple; white walls with shelves to hold my books and a handmade wooden CD rack to hold all of my music. There wasn’t a bed but there was a black leather couch pushed against the wall. The floor was wooden with a huge aqua blue rug in the middle of the floor. And of course there was a closet to hold my clothes and much, much more. It even came with a few outfits complementary of Alice. The north wall was a huge window that had a spectacular view of the forest.

“I like the room,” I stated.

“We knew you would. Rosaline’s room is right next door if you want to take a look,” I heard Jasper say behind me. Without a second thought I flitted out of the room and went next door to see Rosaline’s room.

The room was painted a pale pink with purple carpet. They had bought a queen sized bed and it was in the middle of the room covered in matching blue sheets and comforter. There was a computer desk so she can do her homework or play around on her laptop. And just like my room there was a huge closet and the north wall was a huge window which over looked the forest.

Jasper finally came into the room when he asked, “Do you think she’ll like it?”

“She’ll love it,” I answered enthusiastically. “It’s like you knew.”

“That’s Alice for you.” I heard Alice and Rosaline talking in the kitchen, just small talk mostly. I figured I would save Rosaline from an uncomfortable moment so I flitted out of the room but walked down the stairs at human speed so she could hear me coming.

Once I came into the kitchen I kissed the top of Rosaline’s head as I was walking by and told her, “Jasper and I brought up your things to your new room, sweetheart.”

“Cool. Can I see it?” she asked.

“No,” Alice answered. “Not yet. I want you to wait until everybody’s here so they can see your reaction.”

Rosaline looked at me with confusion. “Just go along with it,” I mouthed. Alice stepped on my foot, annoyed. At least it wasn’t hard enough so that it hurt.

“Well, can I at least see your room, Mom?” she asked.

I looked at Alice out of the corner of my eye with my eyebrow cocked and a sarcastic smile on my lips. “Can she, Alice?” I asked, mockingly.

She heaved a sigh before answering, “Oh, all right. Just make sure she doesn’t see any of her room and I’ll know if she does.”

Rosaline followed me up the stairs and into my room. “It’s nice, Mom. But there’s no bed,” she noted.

“I know. I’ll explain later,” I told her. As the words escaped my mouth I heard from about four miles away the rustling of leaves and whooshing of air. I smiled secretly to myself and whispered under my breath, “They’re here.” I exited the room with Rosaline on my heels with no idea what was going on.

When we were in the living room she asked, “Are they here?”

“Almost,” I answered. I sat on the couch and watched the TV, acting casual like I always have lived here. I patted the seat next to me, welcoming her to sit next to me. She walked over to the couch and sat next to me and snuggled up into my side like she usually did when we were watching TV together.

As I listened to the Cullens coming closer and closer to the house I thought, Hello, Edward. Don’t tell the rest of them we’re here. I want it to be a surprise. I knew he would be able to hear me.

As they broke through the last of the trees and jumped over the river I smiled to myself and I leaned down to whisper into Rosaline’s ear, “They’re here.”

They all entered through the front door all together. It didn’t take them long to locate me. Once they did they all broke out in their own celebrations. Emmett was the first. He came over and picked me up off of the couch and trapped me in one of his vise tight bear hugs. “Where have you been, Giselle?” he asked. I could hear the smile in his voice. “We’ve missed you.”

Once he let me down I hugged him back. “I missed you too, Emmett,” I told him. All of a sudden from behind someone grabbed me up in another tight hug. Edward, I thought. I missed you, but could you let me go? The arms disappeared and another set of arms replaced them, a gentler set. I hugged back, knowing who it was. “Hello, Esme,” I greeted her. She pulled back and smiled at me.

“It’s really good to see you,” she said.

“Same here.” As she released me someone tackled me, and I knew exactly who it was. “Hi, Renesmee,” I said breathlessly.

She placed her hand on my cheek, using her gift to tell me that she missed me. She showed me my face and then an image of her looking at her reflection in a mirror and tears streaming down her face. “Oh, Renesmee,” I croaked. I held her in my arms and soothingly rubbed her back. “I missed you, too.” If I could, I would’ve cried. Once I released her she smiled at me and looked over my shoulder at Rosaline who was still sitting on the couch where I left her. Renesmee placed her hand back on my cheek and showed me all of the times her and Rosaline played together when they were little. I understood what she was asking. “Yes, you can talk to her,” I whispered. “But remember not to use your gift. She doesn’t know about our kind.”

She nodded, understanding. She went over and sat next to Rosaline on the couch. “Hi, Rose,” she greeted her in her bell like voice. “Do you remember me?”

Rosaline looked at Renesmee with a speculating expression like she was trying real hard to remember something. She tilted her head to the side for a second and then back. “Actually,” she answered. “I think I do. Renesmee, right?” she asked.

Renesmee smiled and nodded. “Yes. You and your mom lived here when you were younger. We used to play together all of the time.”

Rosaline looked up at me, wearing a confused expression on her face that was begging for an explanation.

I heaved a sigh and I began. “Rosaline, there has been something I’ve been meaning to explain to you ever since this all began. But I haven’t been able to until now.” She only got more and more confused and a little scared. The tension was rolling off of her. I sat down next to her on her other side and continued. “Rosaline, I’m a vampire.”

Please write more!
i will once i get more comments
Aw, please write more. We love your story, plus we want to see rosaline's reaction to what you tell her. I really love your story, you have truely built a character. Come on, PLEASE write more.

Thanks
-Nicole Cullen

Floare de Noapte said:
i will once i get more comments
Love it!! But y keep it a secret?? She's going to find out sooner or later, and besides, normal is so overated...

Floare de Noapte said:
Introduction

Come on! Write more! If an awesome writer like hanna likes ur story, then everyone will!
Here's chapter two my people! Enjoy! :)

Ch. 2: Rosaline’s P.O.V.
As the words escaped her mouth it seemed like all of time stopped. I wasn’t aware of the place or the time, all I was aware of was my Mom’s words echoing in my head. I’m a vampire, I heard over and over. The only way I could tell that she was being serious was that there was no hint of humor in her face and her voice was all business.

I began to see how it all made sense. Working at night, the constant moving from place to place, and how it seemed that she had cold, hard, and pale white skin. And she worked in a hospital for a job, nonetheless. It made me shudder to think how many patients she’s killed throughout the years.

I was brought back to reality by the sound of my Mom’s voice. “Rosaline, are you alright?” she asked. I didn’t answer. I couldn’t. My Mom placed her hand on my shoulder and shook me a little; probably to make sure I didn’t go into shock. “Rosaline, are you alright?” she repeated. I nodded and her hand slid off of my shoulder.

I stood up and announced, “I think… I’m going to go for a walk.” I slowly started walking towards the door and everyone cleared a path for me. Just as I was walking out the door my Mom yelled from behind me, “Be careful walking through the woods.”

“Mm-hmm,” I answered. I walked off the porch and through the front yard, into the forest. I stared down at my feet as I wandered aimlessly through the forest. I kept thinking of why my own mother would keep this sort of thing from me. I couldn’t understand why. If she was worried that if I could or could not keep the secret she didn’t have to. If it depended on my mother’s life of course I could keep the secret. Why did she think I couldn’t? Then there was the matter of the actual secret. She was a vampire; I had accepted that now. But did this mean that all myths, all legends were true? Were there werewolves, pixies, and fairies too? Did they exist alongside humans like vampires did? I can’t imagine how many murders were committed by mythical creatures; especially vampires alone. I shivered from that thought.

I found a fallen tree and I sat on it, staring down at my feet and kept thinking about this whole mess. I was in the middle of a thought when I heard the snapping of a stick. When I looked up there was a giant light gray wolf twelve feet in front of me. I felt my heart racing in my chest and sweat bead up on the back of my neck. I didn’t know whether to run away or just stay put.

The wolf was absolutely huge; the size of a horse! This wolf was about three times the size of a normal, which struck me as odd. What else I found odd was as scared of this beast as I was also found it beautiful, even majestic. And it felt like I was being pulled towards it, like gravity.

The wolf slowly walked over to me and stopped right in front of me. I wasn’t afraid anymore. In a way I felt safe being with this animal. Its eyes were a deep brown, as dark as tree bark and they were warm and comforting.

I don’t know what drove me to do it but I stretched out my hand, shaking a bit and placed it on its muzzle. The fur was warm and soft when I pulled my fingers through it. I could hear a thrumming sound coming from its throat. It was rougher, wilder than a cat’s purr, but still showed the same contentment. I smiled a little. The sound was homey. As I let my hand drop the wolf looked into my eyes. They seemed too intelligent for an animal, almost human.

After a second the wolf turned and disappeared behind a tree. A minute went by and a boy walked out from behind the same tree that the wolf disappeared behind. He only wore a pair of cut off jeans which I thought was ridiculous because it was cold out. He was tall, very tan, and very good looking. The phase “tall, dark, and handsome” came to my mind because that’s exactly what he was. His hair was crow black and his skin was a reddish brown, but “boy” wasn’t the right word to describe him. He was very well built and his face had no signs of child like roundness.

I felt the same gravitational pull with him as I did with the wolf as he walked up to me. He was absolutely gorgeous. Ten times more beautiful than any male model I’ve ever seen. He walked right up to me and stopped. I had to stand up because I felt so intimidated by his height; he had to be six and a half feet tall, at least. But it didn’t help. Even when I was standing up he was still much taller than me. The top of my head only came about to his shoulder, maybe a little lower. As I stared up into his gentle dark brown eyes my heart thundered in my chest and I could almost feel his heart doing the same. It was like we were connected. He stared at my so intensely; it was like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time.

Then I had the tremendous honor of hearing his husky voice say, “Hi, I’m Embry, Embry Call.” It felt like I was floating on air. His voice sounded like home, comforting. And giving this beautiful creature a name just made it better. His name rang in my head like a bell being continuously rung. I’d never forget his name for as long as I lived.

After a minute of silence I noticed that I forgot to introduce myself. I must’ve looked like a fool to him. “I’m Rosaline,” I said, a little breathless. “Rosaline Morgans. I just moved here with my mom.”

He nodded. “I know. Jacob told me,” he said.

“Who’s Jacob?”

“You must not have met him when you were back at the house. Jacob is Renesmee’s boyfriend. Well, now it’s more like fiancée.”

“When did he tell you this?”

He considered for a moment. “Hmm… about twenty minutes ago, before I ran into you,” he explained.

“And before you just missed the wolf that was here,” I added.

He looked puzzled but after a second a small smile spread across his lips. “Um… Rose. That was me. I was the wolf.” I suddenly understood my mother’s words, the warning she gave me about walking out in the woods. I stumbled back a step, feeling slightly dizzy. I had forgotten all about the tree that was behind me. I almost fell backwards but Embry’s arm was around my waist, caught me and probably saving me a trip to the hospital. His skin was warm. I could feel it through my hoodie it was so warm.

“Wow, you’re hot,” I exclaimed. Now I could feel it burning through my hoodie. It’s a wonder it didn’t catch on fire.

He smirked. “Thanks. You’re pretty easy on the eyes yourself,” he told me. He winked at me and I blushed fiercely. He smiled and rolled his eyes. “I knew what you meant,” he said as I straightened up and he took his arm off my waist. “It’s a wolf thing. Our body temperature runs at a hundred and eight degrees.”

“Wow. You’ve got to be able to fry an egg on your head,” I joked.

“Actually, my friend Quil tried that. Turns out we can,” he came back with. We both laughed. He was gorgeous and funny? What else can he do?

As our laughter died I heard a stick snap like before. I looked up and like before there was an abnormally huge wolf standing in front of us, but this time it was right next to Embry. I cowered into his side and he put his arm around my shoulder. “A friend of yours?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he answered. He turned to the russet-brown wolf and said, “Hey, Jake. What’s up?”

The wolf’s eyes flickered to my face and then back to Embry’s. “Maybe I should phase so that you can explain,” he told the wolf. He looked down at me and gripped the tops of my arms. “Stay here with Jake,” he ordered. “I’ll be right back.” And with that he ran off behind a nearby tree and a second later he came out in his wolf form and trotted over to me. He sat back on his haunches next to me and stared at the Jacob-wolf, having some sort of silent conversation with him. After a few minutes Jake took off into the trees and disappeared. Embry stood up beside me and crouched down so that his nose was to the ground. I wasn’t sure but it almost looked like he wanted me to get up on his shoulders.

“Do you want me to get on your back?” I asked, confused. He nodded, so I did. Once I was settled in between his shoulder blades I grabbed two hands full of fur to hold on and he stood up. “Could you go easy?” I asked. “I’ve never gone wolf back riding, before.”

He barked out a laugh and took off into the trees, heading back towards the house.
Great:)!!! Read mine "Blood Life."

Floare de Noapte said:
Here's chapter two my people! Enjoy! :)

Ch. 2: Rosaline’s P.O.V.
As the words escaped her mouth it seemed like all of time stopped. I wasn’t aware of the place or the time, all I was aware of was my Mom’s words echoing in my head. I’m a vampire, I heard over and over. The only way I could tell that she was being serious was that there was no hint of humor in her face and her voice was all business.

I began to see how it all made sense. Working at night, the constant moving from place to place, and how it seemed that she had cold, hard, and pale white skin. And she worked in a hospital for a job, nonetheless. It made me shudder to think how many patients she’s killed throughout the years.

I was brought back to reality by the sound of my Mom’s voice. “Rosaline, are you alright?” she asked. I didn’t answer. I couldn’t. My Mom placed her hand on my shoulder and shook me a little; probably to make sure I didn’t go into shock. “Rosaline, are you alright?” she repeated. I nodded and her hand slid off of my shoulder.

I stood up and announced, “I think… I’m going to go for a walk.” I slowly started walking towards the door and everyone cleared a path for me. Just as I was walking out the door my Mom yelled from behind me, “Be careful walking through the woods.”

“Mm-hmm,” I answered. I walked off the porch and through the front yard, into the forest. I stared down at my feet as I wandered aimlessly through the forest. I kept thinking of why my own mother would keep this sort of thing from me. I couldn’t understand why. If she was worried that if I could or could not keep the secret she didn’t have to. If it depended on my mother’s life of course I could keep the secret. Why did she think I couldn’t? Then there was the matter of the actual secret. She was a vampire; I had accepted that now. But did this mean that all myths, all legends were true? Were there werewolves, pixies, and fairies too? Did they exist alongside humans like vampires did? I can’t imagine how many murders were committed by mythical creatures; especially vampires alone. I shivered from that thought.

I found a fallen tree and I sat on it, staring down at my feet and kept thinking about this whole mess. I was in the middle of a thought when I heard the snapping of a stick. When I looked up there was a giant light gray wolf twelve feet in front of me. I felt my heart racing in my chest and sweat bead up on the back of my neck. I didn’t know whether to run away or just stay put.

The wolf was absolutely huge; the size of a horse! This wolf was about three times the size of a normal, which struck me as odd. What else I found odd was as scared of this beast as I was also found it beautiful, even majestic. And it felt like I was being pulled towards it, like gravity.

The wolf slowly walked over to me and stopped right in front of me. I wasn’t afraid anymore. In a way I felt safe being with this animal. Its eyes were a deep brown, as dark as tree bark and they were warm and comforting.

I don’t know what drove me to do it but I stretched out my hand, shaking a bit and placed it on its muzzle. The fur was warm and soft when I pulled my fingers through it. I could hear a thrumming sound coming from its throat. It was rougher, wilder than a cat’s purr, but still showed the same contentment. I smiled a little. The sound was homey. As I let my hand drop the wolf looked into my eyes. They seemed too intelligent for an animal, almost human.

After a second the wolf turned and disappeared behind a tree. A minute went by and a boy walked out from behind the same tree that the wolf disappeared behind. He only wore a pair of cut off jeans which I thought was ridiculous because it was cold out. He was tall, very tan, and very good looking. The phase “tall, dark, and handsome” came to my mind because that’s exactly what he was. His hair was crow black and his skin was a reddish brown, but “boy” wasn’t the right word to describe him. He was very well built and his face had no signs of child like roundness.

I felt the same gravitational pull with him as I did with the wolf as he walked up to me. He was absolutely gorgeous. Ten times more beautiful than any male model I’ve ever seen. He walked right up to me and stopped. I had to stand up because I felt so intimidated by his height; he had to be six and a half feet tall, at least. But it didn’t help. Even when I was standing up he was still much taller than me. The top of my head only came about to his shoulder, maybe a little lower. As I stared up into his gentle dark brown eyes my heart thundered in my chest and I could almost feel his heart doing the same. It was like we were connected. He stared at my so intensely; it was like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time.

Then I had the tremendous honor of hearing his husky voice say, “Hi, I’m Embry, Embry Call.” It felt like I was floating on air. His voice sounded like home, comforting. And giving this beautiful creature a name just made it better. His name rang in my head like a bell being continuously rung. I’d never forget his name for as long as I lived.

After a minute of silence I noticed that I forgot to introduce myself. I must’ve looked like a fool to him. “I’m Rosaline,” I said, a little breathless. “Rosaline Morgans. I just moved here with my mom.”

He nodded. “I know. Jacob told me,” he said.

“Who’s Jacob?”

“You must not have met him when you were back at the house. Jacob is Renesmee’s boyfriend. Well, now it’s more like fiancée.”

“When did he tell you this?”

He considered for a moment. “Hmm… about twenty minutes ago, before I ran into you,” he explained.

“And before you just missed the wolf that was here,” I added.

He looked puzzled but after a second a small smile spread across his lips. “Um… Rose. That was me. I was the wolf.” I suddenly understood my mother’s words, the warning she gave me about walking out in the woods. I stumbled back a step, feeling slightly dizzy. I had forgotten all about the tree that was behind me. I almost fell backwards but Embry’s arm was around my waist, caught me and probably saving me a trip to the hospital. His skin was warm. I could feel it through my hoodie it was so warm.

“Wow, you’re hot,” I exclaimed. Now I could feel it burning through my hoodie. It’s a wonder it didn’t catch on fire.

He smirked. “Thanks. You’re pretty easy on the eyes yourself,” he told me. He winked at me and I blushed fiercely. He smiled and rolled his eyes. “I knew what you meant,” he said as I straightened up and he took his arm off my waist. “It’s a wolf thing. Our body temperature runs at a hundred and eight degrees.”

“Wow. You’ve got to be able to fry an egg on your head,” I joked.

“Actually, my friend Quil tried that. Turns out we can,” he came back with. We both laughed. He was gorgeous and funny? What else can he do?

As our laughter died I heard a stick snap like before. I looked up and like before there was an abnormally huge wolf standing in front of us, but this time it was right next to Embry. I cowered into his side and he put his arm around my shoulder. “A friend of yours?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he answered. He turned to the russet-brown wolf and said, “Hey, Jake. What’s up?”

The wolf’s eyes flickered to my face and then back to Embry’s. “Maybe I should phase so that you can explain,” he told the wolf. He looked down at me and gripped the tops of my arms. “Stay here with Jake,” he ordered. “I’ll be right back.” And with that he ran off behind a nearby tree and a second later he came out in his wolf form and trotted over to me. He sat back on his haunches next to me and stared at the Jacob-wolf, having some sort of silent conversation with him. After a few minutes Jake took off into the trees and disappeared. Embry stood up beside me and crouched down so that his nose was to the ground. I wasn’t sure but it almost looked like he wanted me to get up on his shoulders.

“Do you want me to get on your back?” I asked, confused. He nodded, so I did. Once I was settled in between his shoulder blades I grabbed two hands full of fur to hold on and he stood up. “Could you go easy?” I asked. “I’ve never gone wolf back riding, before.”

He barked out a laugh and took off into the trees, heading back towards the house.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...