This takes place thirteen years after Breaking Dawn. It's an Embry imprint story but most of the time you'll be reading from the imprint's (aka: Rosaline) P.O.V. I switch the P.O.V.'s every chapter to mix it up and try to give you some insight as to how each side is feeling about the current situation. I will try to update as often as I can but cannot make any promises.

That's all I wanted to say. Read on and enjoy!

Introduction
My name is Giselle Morgans. I’m twenty-seven years old and I am a vampire. My fifteen year old daughter, Rosaline and I live in Los Angeles, California. But we haven’t always lived here. Ever since my daughter was one year old-ever since I was turned into a vampire- we have been moving from place to place to prevent anyone from becoming suspicious of my secret.

I worked as a RN at St. Catherine’s Hospital in Los Angeles on the nightshift so that no one could see what the sunlight did to my skin. I wore contacts to make my eyes look normal because the last time I checked nobody had gold eyes. So I wore brown contacts to cover them up; even though my original eye color when I was human was blue. I had dark brown hair but when it was shown in sunlight you could see streaks of blonde. My skin is pale white and ice cold; but when I was human I had nice tanned skin.

My daughter was beautiful. She had her father’s sunshine blonde hair and his beautiful smile. She had my sapphire blue eyes and perfect skin. Like every other mother, she was the apple of my eye. She had excellent grades and dozens of friends. She made friends easily whenever we moved to a new place; which was a load off of my back. She didn’t have a boyfriend; although I have permitted her to date. I guess she didn’t find any of the boys at her school attractive. It didn’t matter to me; it was just another load off of my mind.

Her father, Victor Troy, isn’t involved in her life. After I was turned into a vampire I grabbed Rosaline and started driving. He didn’t like it; but I didn’t care. He never bothered trying to find us and I was grateful. I had left him a note telling him that I loved him but I had to leave and that I was taking Rosaline with me. I also wrote that I would take good care of her and I asked him not to follow us or come looking for us. Obviously the note worked or else I would’ve heard from him long ago. We weren’t married, which made the separation easier.

What wasn’t easy was driving in the car with Rosaline. Her scent filled the car and it made it hard for me to control myself. I kept driving from Seattle until I drove into a small town called Forks. That was where I met the Cullens, a coven of vampires that survived on animal blood instead of drinking from humans.

I loved living with them. They taught me how to survive on animal blood like them and they gave me and my daughter a home when we had nowhere else to go. Bella and Edward’s daughter Renesmee was a complete sweetheart. She and Rosaline played together often, and the Cullens didn’t mind having another child around. They loved Rosaline like she was their own.

Sadly after a couple of years we had to move on. They understood, but insisted on keeping in touch. I emailed Alice every week and sent her pictures and told her how Rosaline was doing. She did the same thing for me in return; sent me pictures and updated me on where they were. The most recent email I received from Alice said that they were in England, but were moving back to Forks soon. She said that Bella couldn’t stand being away from her dad and Jacob wanted to come back to see his family and his pack brothers.

I figured it would be time to move on again; it’s been four years since our last move and it wouldn’t be much longer before people grew suspicious. So why not move back to Forks?

So I answered Alice’s last email and made the decision to move back to Forks while I was typing. At the end of the email I asked her to keep it a secret from the rest of the family; I wanted it to be a surprise. I knew Alice would understand.

As soon as I sent the email I went to my daughter’s room. I could hear that she was listening to her music so I knocked first. She turned her music off and took the ear buds out of her ears before she yelled, “Come in.” I would’ve heard her even if she whispered it. But she didn’t know that; she thought I was a normal human. I never told her that I was a vampire. I wanted her to believe that I was normal and human.

I opened the door and I found her sitting on her bed. The walls of her bedroom were plastered with posters of pop stars and rock bands like Justin Beiber and Fall Out Boy; normal for a teenage girl.

“Hey, Mom. What’s up” she asked.

I walked over and sat on her bed. I gave her a kiss on the forehead; she never found that embarrassing, even in front of her friends. “Hi, sweetheart. I have some news,” I told her.

“Let me guess, we’re moving?” she asked. I nodded and she sighed. “Well, I guess we were going to sooner or later. So where are we moving to?”

“A little town in Washington called Forks. You’ll like it there, sweetie. There isn’t a lot of sun, but it’s a nice town.”

She sighed again. “I just wish we could stay in one place for more than just a few years. But it’s okay. When are moving?”

“In two days. That will give me enough time to pack our stuff and get you settled into Forks High School. Why don’t you get some sleep and tomorrow we’ll start packing your things, okay?” She nodded and I kissed her forehead again. “Goodnight, Rosaline.”

“Goodnight, Mom.” She got underneath her covers and I shut off the light on my way out. As I closed the door behind me I heaved a sigh. It was never easy for me to tell her that we were moving again, but I had to do it.

The next morning we had packed up all of Rosaline’s posters and clothes and her other knick knacks like books and CDs. She asked me why we were leaving the furniture behind and I told her that we didn’t need it where we were going; that there would be furniture already where we were moving to. She didn’t think it made any sense, but she didn’t argue. I already packed the dishes and silverware while she slept and all of my own belongings. She was settled in at Forks High School and planned on going a few days after we arrived and moved in, so the next day we were ready to leave.

We left early the next day to avoid revealing my skin in the sunlight. I tinted the windows for more protection. A couple of hours into the trip she fell asleep. A few times I had to stop because she needed to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. We had left L.A. at five-thirty and we didn’t cross the California-Oregon state line until about two; then we reached the Oregon-Washington state line by four. Rosalie was asleep again when we finally arrived in Forks.

*I will update afer five comments. That's my limit for an update. Thank you for reading!* 

Tags: after breaking dawn, embry, fan fiction

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ch. 3: Embry’s P.O.V.
As I ran through the forest back towards the Cullens’ house I thought again how lucky I was. I finally imprinted! I could’ve howled with excitement, but I didn’t. Jake would’ve thought something was wrong and when he found out that it was nothing he would chew me out for it. Everybody in the pack had imprinted except for me and Seth, even Leah imprinted. She had been up on the Makah rez and she ran into some guy named Mike Redwood and then bang, true love. As soon as we had found out it felt like a huge load had been taken off of our minds, we didn’t have to listen to Leah constantly
complain and moan about how she’ll die alone and all that good junk.

Shut up, Embry, she thought. Oh great. She was in her wolf form. Of course I am. Jacob’s got me running patrols with Seth and Quil until he gets back, she explained. Oh, and Jacob told us the news. Congratulations.

Thanks.
Yeah, man. Congrats! Quil thought. Now only Seth is left to imprint.

I’m in no rush, Seth thought. So Embry, what does she look like?
Look for yourself. I thought about Rosaline so that they could all see. Seth internally whistled. Dang, Embry! She’s pretty. Wish I had imprinted on her.

I growled. Thought you said you weren’t in any rush to imprint? I asked.

Doesn’t mean I can’t hope, he answered.

I think what Seth is trying to say is that you’re very lucky to have her, Leah thought. Really Embry, she is quite beautiful.

Thanks, Leah. That makes me feel sort of better.

You’re sort of welcome. I chuckled. Now that Leah had imprinted she seemed like more fun, easier to talk to. Aw, thanks Embry. You’re so sweet, Leah thought sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. Just don’t let it go to your head, I thought back. As I broke through the last of the trees I found Jacob waiting for me in the meadow in front of the Cullens’ house. Even from here I could smell their stink. It hurt my nose when I was in this form. How could Jacob stand it? I crouched down and Rosaline got off my back. “Rosaline,” Jacob addressed her. “You should get inside. Your mom’s been worried about you.”

“Why?” she asked in a mocking tone. “Just because I was out in the middle of the woods with a bunch of wolves doesn’t mean that I was in any danger.” I barked out a laugh and she laughed with me. I saw the side of Jake’s mouth twitch, but for the most part he kept a poker face. When she was done laughing at her own joke she looked up at me with sad eyes. “I’ll see you later, right?” she asked. I nodded my head and she smiled a little. She placed her hand on my muzzle and pulled her fingers through my fur. I made the wild thrumming sound in my throat like before and she smiled again. She turned around and ran towards the house. Once she was inside I shifted back to my human form and pulled my shorts on.

“Hey Embry. Congrats,” Jacob said with a smile, finally breaking the poker face. He walked over to me and slapped my back his hand.

“Thanks, man,” I said, playfully shoving him.

We started walking towards the house when he asked, “When do you think you’ll tell her?”

I stopped cold in my tracks. I knew what he meant; he wanted to know when I planned on telling Rosaline that I imprinted on her. I didn’t consider that until he had mentioned it. I sighed. “Well, obviously not right now,” I told him. “Maybe soon. I’ll give her some time to get over the whole my-mom-is-a-vampire thing and then I’ll tell her.”

He nodded and then smiled. “You might want to watch out, Em. If you piss her mom off you’ll find yourself in an early grave,” he warned. I gulped theatrically and we both laughed as we walked back towards the house. Once we were inside I saw Rosaline’s mom fussing over her, asking her if she was hurt.

“I’m fine, Mom. Really,” Rosaline answered exasperated. “Embry took good care of me.”

Her mom looked up at me with sincere eyes and mouthed, “Thank you.”

I nodded. Rosaline followed her mom’s train line of eyesight and smiled at me. God, she was beautiful. Now I knew how it felt to imprint on someone, it was magical. She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I hugged her back as she buried her head in my bare chest. Someone cleared their throat, annoyed. Alice. I unwound my arms from around Rosaline’s waist and dropped them to my sides. She did the same and looked up at Alice. “Well, now that everyone is here, are you ready to see you room?” Alice asked.

Rosaline smiled, but it wasn’t genuine. She was just faking it for Alice’s sake so she wouldn’t hurt her feelings. “Sure,” she answered, a little wary. Alice smiled and grabbed her hand and started pulling her up the stairs. Rosaline reached back and grabbed my hand and started pulling me along with them. I looked back at Jacob who was standing next to Renesmee with his arm around her shoulder. He smiled and winked at me. The rest of the Cullens followed us upstairs to Rosaline's room.

Alice pulled us through the door and let Rosaline take it in. She dropped our hands and placed them over her mouth, excited. "You love it," Alice announced, certainly. Of course she and Edward would know what Rosaline thought about the room. Vampires were bad enough, did there have to be gifted ones too?

"Um... could I get some alone time?" Rosaline asked.

"Sure," Alice answered.

We all started to file out when I felt Rosaline's hand grip mine. "Will you stay with me, Embry?" She asked. I turned around and her eyes were sad again, begging. The one thing I would never want to do was upset her, because if I made her sad or unhappy then I would be sad too.

I nodded and smiled weakly. "Yeah, I'll stay with you, Rose." Forever, I added mentally. She smiled a brilliant smile, not anything like the one she faked for Alice earlier. It made my day.
Ch.3 (Continued): Embry's P.O.V.
"Could you close the door behind you?" she asked. "I want to talk to you about something." As I was I heard someone whistle. Jacob. I growled under my breath. Hey, Edward,I thought to the bloodsucker.Punch Jake in the arm for me, will you?

Downstairs I heard the whooshing of air and a mutted thud and was followed by Jacob yelling "ow". I chuckled.Thanks, I thought to Edward.

When I heard the doorjam click. I went to join Rosaline where she sat on her bed, waiting for me. As I sat down next to her I asked, "So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

She rolled her eyes up towards the ceiling and sighed. She fell back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. "Everything," she answered. "This is all so disorienting and I need some answers." She sat back up and stared into my eyes. "It feels like you're the only one I can talk to," she told me. She leaned her head against me arm and mumbled,"I can't talk to my mom right now. I'm still upset over the fact that she never told me about all of this until now." i wrapped my arm around shoulder and rubbed her arm.

I snorted. "You can't talk to your vampire mom about this, but you feel comfortable talking to me; your werewolf friend?" I asked. It really didn't make much sense in hind-sight, but I was glad that she chose me to talk to rather than one of those leeches.

She looked up at me through tightened eyes. "That's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about," she said as she shrugged out from beneath my arm. "Aren't werewolves supposed to be able to change in the light of a full moon?"

I snorted again. "Hollywood's version of the werewolf and vampire are vastly overrated," I explained. "Although I've heard that there are actual werewolves over in Europe."

"So what are you considered?" she asked.

"Well, Edward calls us shapeshifters because we can shift into another form," I explained. "But we still call ourselves werewolves because that's the only form we can take on."

"How's that possible?" she asked.

"Long story short Quileutes have magic in their blood," I explained. "And that's what I am."

"Well that would explain your reddish brown tan," she said, looking at my skin. "I didn't know if you were part or whole Native American."

"Well now you know," I told her. "Is there anything in you legends about people being drawn towards each other, like gravity?" she asked.

I opened my mouth and shut it just as quickly. I didn't want to lie to her, but I didn't know if I could explain this to her now. She was already going through so much. I remembered something that Jake had said once said long ago, back when he was still hung up on Bella, "Better that she know than lie to her." I heaved a sigh and started. "Yes, there is," I told her. "It's called imprinting."

"What's that?" she asked.

And now here comes the hard part, I thought. "Imprinting is a way we find our soulmates," I explained. "It's like true love only stronger. When you see her, or in Leah's case him, it's like gravity moves. It's like gravity is no longer holding you to the earth, she does. When we imprint we find our other half, the person who best completes us. We don't know why we imprint. Some of the Elders have theorys, but none of them are positive. Even though we imprint to find our soulmates it doesn't mean that we have to be together. It just means that we are meant for each other. We can be anything they need us to be, whether that's a best friend, a lover, or a brother."

She blinked her eyes a couple of times before she sighed. "Is there anything else I need to know?" she asked, obviously wanting to change the subject. Good. I was dying for a subject change.

"We don't age," I told her.

"Really?" she asked, surprised. "So your immortal?"

I shook my head. "No," I answered. "We're mortal, all right. We just don't age."

Her eyebrows knit together and her eyes tightened. Her eyes moved down to my chest as she placed her hand over my heart, feeling my pulse. Her hand was cold, even for a human. I heard somewhere that if you had cold hands it meant that you have a warm heart. I wonder if it's true.

"How's that possible?" she whispered. You know any other person at this point would've blown a gasket if she got so much as a "what" out of her mouth to ask another question. But I didn't mind; the more she knew the better.

"Well it's a little hard to explain," I told her, placing my own hand over hers. "You see from the time we take our first transformation to the time we quit phasing we don't age. But when we do finally quit our wolf we start aging again."

"How old are you?" she asked.

"Sixteen," I answered. I noticed that she never made any move to remove her hand from my chest. Her hand was slowly becoming warmer and warmer to me.

A knock came at the door and Jacob stepped through. I dropped our hands when I saw the nob turn. "It's our turn to run patrol," he told me. "Quil hasn't been running long, but I'm going to give Seth and Leah a break." I nodded. "All right," I said. "I'll be there in a minute."

He nodded once and left the room, leaving the door open behind him. I sighed and looked over at Rosaline. "I gotta go," I told her. "Are you going to be alright for a few hours?"

She smiled a little, it wasn't genuine but it wasn't fake either. "I'll be fine," she answered. "And if I'm not I can always come out and find you, right?"

"Yeah, of course," I assured her. "If you want to talk just come outside and call my name a couple of times and I'll find you."

She smiled. "Thanks, Embry. Really," she said. She reached up and pecked me on the cheek. I felt my skin getting hot (or hotter than it already was) from the blush that was reddening my skin. She smiled up at me and nodded towards the door. "You might want to get going before Jake has to come back and drag you out by your hair," she suggested. She chuckled, probably imagining how funny it would be to see.

As much as I didn't want to leave she was right. If I didn't leave now Jacob would come back and drag me out by his teeth. I got up from the bed and walked over to the door. I had one foot out the door when I stopped and looked back at Rosaline over my shoulder. "Will you promise me that you won't do anything stupid or dangerous while I'm gone?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Living in a house full of vampires screams dangerous and stupid," she said. "but if you insist," She raised her right and sat up straight, pretending to be all serious and said, " I swear I won't do anything stupid or dangerous until you come back." She lowered her hand and smiled at me. I smiled back and with that I left her room, trying to ignore the temptation of going back.
Love it!!!! And btw, I love the Hunger Games too!!!! It's an amazing series!!!

District 12 Tribute said:
Introduction

My name is Giselle Morgans. I’m twenty-seven years old and I am a vampire. My fifteen year old daughter, Rosaline and I live in Los Angeles, California. But we haven’t always lived here. Ever since my daughter was one year old-ever since I was turned into a vampire- we have been moving from place to place to prevent anyone from becoming suspicious of my secret.

I worked as a RN at St. Catherine’s Hospital in Los Angeles on the nightshift so that no one could see what the sunlight did to my skin. I wore contacts to make my eyes look normal because the last time I checked nobody had gold eyes. So I wore brown contacts to cover them up; even though my original eye color when I was human was blue. I had dark brown hair but when it was shown in sunlight you could see streaks of blonde. My skin is pale white and ice cold; but when I was human I had nice tanned skin.

My daughter was beautiful. She had her father’s sunshine blonde hair and his beautiful smile. She had my sapphire blue eyes and perfect skin. Like every other mother, she was the apple of my eye. She had excellent grades and dozens of friends. She made friends easily whenever we moved to a new place; which was a load off of my back. She didn’t have a boyfriend; although I have permitted her to date. I guess she didn’t find any of the boys at her school attractive. It didn’t matter to me; it was just another load off of my mind.

Her father, Victor Troy, isn’t involved in her life. After I was turned into a vampire I grabbed Rosaline and started driving. He didn’t like it; but I didn’t care. He never bothered trying to find us and I was grateful. I had left him a note telling him that I loved him but I had to leave and that I was taking Rosaline with me. I also wrote that I would take good care of her and I asked him not to follow us or come looking for us. Obviously the note worked or else I would’ve heard from him long ago. We weren’t married, which made the separation easier.

What wasn’t easy was driving in the car with Rosaline. Her scent filled the car and it made it hard for me to control myself. I kept driving from Seattle until I drove into a small town called Forks. That was where I met the Cullens, a coven of vampires that survived on animal blood instead of drinking from humans.

I loved living with them. They taught me how to survive on animal blood like them and they gave me and my daughter a home when we had nowhere else to go. Bella and Edward’s daughter Renesmee was a complete sweetheart. She and Rosaline played together often, and the Cullens didn’t mind having another child around. They loved Rosaline like she was their own.

Sadly after a couple of years we had to move on. They understood, but insisted on keeping in touch. I emailed Alice every week and sent her pictures and told her how Rosaline was doing. She did the same thing for me in return; sent me pictures and updated me on where they were. The most recent email I received from Alice said that they were in England, but were moving back to Forks soon. She said that Bella couldn’t stand being away from her dad and Jacob wanted to come back to see his family and his pack brothers.

I figured it would be time to move on again; it’s been four years since our last move and it wouldn’t be much longer before people grew suspicious. So why not move back to Forks?

So I answered Alice’s last email and made the decision to move back to Forks while I was typing. At the end of the email I asked her to keep it a secret from the rest of the family; I wanted it to be a surprise. I knew Alice would understand.

As soon as I sent the email I went to my daughter’s room. I could hear that she was listening to her music so I knocked first. She turned her music off and took the ear buds out of her ears before she yelled, “Come in.” I would’ve heard her even if she whispered it. But she didn’t know that; she thought I was a normal human. I never told her that I was a vampire. I wanted her to believe that I was normal and human.

I opened the door and I found her sitting on her bed. The walls of her bedroom were plastered with posters of pop stars and rock bands like Justin Beiber and Fall Out Boy; normal for a teenage girl.

I walked over and sat on her bed. I gave her a kiss on the forehead; she never found that embarrassing, even in front of her friends. “Hi, sweetheart. I have some news,” I told her.

“Let me guess, we’re moving?” she asked. I nodded and she sighed. “Well, I guess we were going to sooner or later. So where are we moving to?”

“A little town in Washington called Forks. You’ll like it there, sweetie. There isn’t a lot of sun, but it’s a nice town.”

She sighed again. “I just wish we could stay in one place for more than just a few years. But it’s okay. When are moving?”

“In two days. That will give me enough time to pack our stuff and get you settled into Forks High School. Why don’t you get some sleep and tomorrow we’ll start packing your things, okay?” She nodded and I kissed her forehead again. “Goodnight, Rosaline.”

“Goodnight, Mom.” She got underneath her covers and I shut off the light on my way out. As I closed the door behind me I heaved a sigh. It was never easy for me to tell her that we were moving again, but I had to do it.

The next morning we had packed up all of Rosaline’s posters and clothes and her other knick knacks like books and CDs. She asked me why we were leaving the furniture behind and I told her that we didn’t need it where we were going; that there would be furniture already where we were moving to. She didn’t think it made any sense, but she didn’t argue. I already packed the dishes and silverware while she slept and all of my own belongings. She was settled in at Forks High School and planned on going a few days after we arrived and moved in, so the next day we were ready to leave.

We left early the next day to avoid revealing my skin in the sunlight. I tinted the windows for more protection. A couple of hours into the trip she fell asleep. A few times I had to stop because she needed to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. We had left L.A. at five-thirty and we didn’t cross the California-Oregon state line until about two; then we reached the Oregon-Washington state line by four. Rosalie was asleep again when we finally arrived in Forks.
Amazing!!!!

Okay guys. Here's the first chapter. Thx for your comments. Enjoy!

Ch.1: Giselle’s P.O.V.
I stopped at one of the three stop lights in town and I started bouncing in my seat with excitement. I couldn’t wait to see all of the Cullens again. As soon as the light turned green I nearly stomped on the gas pedal. Rosaline felt the jerk of the car and she stirred. “Are we there yet?” she asked, groggy.

I was nearly speeding towards the Cullens house with excitement that I almost missed her question. “Yes, sweetheart. We are almost there,” I answered. “Fifteen more minutes,” I announced as I turned onto the Cullens driveway. They would hear out car turn off of the road and Edward would most likely hear my thoughts. Don’t tell them, I thought. I want it to be a surprise.

We drove through about three miles of forest and fifteen minutes later we were driving up on the house. I could see in my peripheral vision Rosaline’s jaw dropping and her eyes popping out of her skull. “Do you like the house?” I asked her as I drove into the massive garage.

“I love it,” she answered as we got out of the car.

“Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that we will be living with some friends of mine that own the house. They’ve already set up our rooms,” I told her as we walked around to the front door.

“Fine by me.” We walked up the stairs and I opened the door. “Shouldn’t you knock first?” she asked.

“No need to,” I muttered under my breath, much too low for her to hear. We walked through and the inside of the house was just like I remembered; bright and wide and spacious.

“Wow,” I heard Rosaline breath from behind me.

“Edward? Bella? Rosalie? Emmett? Jasper? Alice? Renesmee? Carlisle? Esme?” I whispered under my breath. They would hear me.

Alice flitted down the stairs with Jasper right behind her and skipped up to me. “Giselle!” she greeted me with a huge smile and gave me a tight hug. “It’s been much too long,” she said.

“I missed you too, Alice,” I told her as she released me. I looked over her shoulder and Jasper was standing a few feet behind her. “Jasper, don’t be a stranger. What you didn’t miss me?” I asked. He smiled slightly and held his arms out. “That’s what I thought.” I walked over and gave him a hug as well. Not as tight as Alice’s, but still.

When I released him he said, “Of course I did. I was just keeping my distance.”

I smiled at him before I turned around and asked Alice, “Where are the others?”

“Hunting,” she answered. “They’ll be back in a few minutes. Oh,” she exclaimed. She looked at Rosaline standing behind me. “This is Rosaline? Wow, you’ve grown up.”

“I’m sorry,” Rosaline apologized. “But do I know you?”

“You probably do,” Alice answered. “But you don’t remember. I’ll explain when everyone gets back.” She glared at me and asked, “You didn’t tell her?” she asked under her breath so that Rosaline couldn’t hear.

“Alice, you of all people should know why I didn’t,” I told her.

“Oh, right. The Volturi and you want her to think you are human,” she realized. “But you are going to tell her, right?”

I nodded. “Yes, I’ll tell her. I can’t hide it from her anymore,” I said. “She needs to know. She might not like it, but what choices have I?”

“None,” she answered.

“You’ll be doing the right thing, Giselle,” Jasper said. “She’ll understand.”

I nodded and turned to Rosaline. “Are you hungry?” I asked.

“Starving,” she answered.

“Alice, could you take Rosaline into the kitchen and get her some food?” I asked.

She smiled at Rosaline. “Follow me, please.”

As they walked into the kitchen, out of sight I looked at Jasper and asked, “Could you help me with our stuff?”

“Of course.” And with that we flitted out to the car and grabbed as many boxes as we could and took them up to our rooms. My room was simple; white walls with shelves to hold my books and a handmade wooden CD rack to hold all of my music. There wasn’t a bed but there was a black leather couch pushed against the wall. The floor was wooden with a huge aqua blue rug in the middle of the floor. And of course there was a closet to hold my clothes and much, much more. It even came with a few outfits complementary of Alice. The north wall was a huge window that had a spectacular view of the forest.

“I like the room,” I stated.

“We knew you would. Rosaline’s room is right next door if you want to take a look,” I heard Jasper say behind me. Without a second thought I flitted out of the room and went next door to see Rosaline’s room.

The room was painted a pale pink with purple carpet. They had bought a queen sized bed and it was in the middle of the room covered in matching blue sheets and comforter. There was a computer desk so she can do her homework or play around on her laptop. And just like my room there was a huge closet and the north wall was a huge window which over looked the forest.

Jasper finally came into the room when he asked, “Do you think she’ll like it?”

“She’ll love it,” I answered enthusiastically. “It’s like you knew.”

“That’s Alice for you.” I heard Alice and Rosaline talking in the kitchen, just small talk mostly. I figured I would save Rosaline from an uncomfortable moment so I flitted out of the room but walked down the stairs at human speed so she could hear me coming.

Once I came into the kitchen I kissed the top of Rosaline’s head as I was walking by and told her, “Jasper and I brought up your things to your new room, sweetheart.”

“Cool. Can I see it?” she asked.

“No,” Alice answered. “Not yet. I want you to wait until everybody’s here so they can see your reaction.”

Rosaline looked at me with confusion. “Just go along with it,” I mouthed. Alice stepped on my foot, annoyed. At least it wasn’t hard enough so that it hurt.

“Well, can I at least see your room, Mom?” she asked.

I looked at Alice out of the corner of my eye with my eyebrow cocked and a sarcastic smile on my lips. “Can she, Alice?” I asked, mockingly.

She heaved a sigh before answering, “Oh, all right. Just make sure she doesn’t see any of her room and I’ll know if she does.”

Rosaline followed me up the stairs and into my room. “It’s nice, Mom. But there’s no bed,” she noted.

“I know. I’ll explain later,” I told her. As the words escaped my mouth I heard from about four miles away the rustling of leaves and whooshing of air. I smiled secretly to myself and whispered under my breath, “They’re here.” I exited the room with Rosaline on my heels with no idea what was going on.

When we were in the living room she asked, “Are they here?”

“Almost,” I answered. I sat on the couch and watched the TV, acting casual like I always have lived here. I patted the seat next to me, welcoming her to sit next to me. She walked over to the couch and sat next to me and snuggled up into my side like she usually did when we were watching TV together.

As I listened to the Cullens coming closer and closer to the house I thought, Hello, Edward. Don’t tell the rest of them we’re here. I want it to be a surprise. I knew he would be able to hear me.

As they broke through the last of the trees and jumped over the river I smiled to myself and I leaned down to whisper into Rosaline’s ear, “They’re here.”

They all entered through the front door all together. It didn’t take them long to locate me. Once they did they all broke out in their own celebrations. Emmett was the first. He came over and picked me up off of the couch and trapped me in one of his vise tight bear hugs. “Where have you been, Giselle?” he asked. I could hear the smile in his voice. “We’ve missed you.”

Once he let me down I hugged him back. “I missed you too, Emmett,” I told him. All of a sudden from behind someone grabbed me up in another tight hug. Edward, I thought. I missed you, but could you let me go? The arms disappeared and another set of arms replaced them, a gentler set. I hugged back, knowing who it was. “Hello, Esme,” I greeted her. She pulled back and smiled at me.

“It’s really good to see you,” she said.

“Same here.” As she released me someone tackled me, and I knew exactly who it was. “Hi, Renesmee,” I said breathlessly.

She placed her hand on my cheek, using her gift to tell me that she missed me. She showed me my face and then an image of her looking at her reflection in a mirror and tears streaming down her face. “Oh, Renesmee,” I croaked. I held her in my arms and soothingly rubbed her back. “I missed you, too.” If I could, I would’ve cried. Once I released her she smiled at me and looked over my shoulder at Rosaline who was still sitting on the couch where I left her. Renesmee placed her hand back on my cheek and showed me all of the times her and Rosaline played together when they were little. I understood what she was asking. “Yes, you can talk to her,” I whispered. “But remember not to use your gift. She doesn’t know about our kind.”

She nodded, understanding. She went over and sat next to Rosaline on the couch. “Hi, Rose,” she greeted her in her bell like voice. “Do you remember me?”

Rosaline looked at Renesmee with a speculating expression like she was trying real hard to remember something. She tilted her head to the side for a second and then back. “Actually,” she answered. “I think I do. Renesmee, right?” she asked.

Renesmee smiled and nodded. “Yes. You and your mom lived here when you were younger. We used to play together all of the time.”

Rosaline looked up at me, wearing a confused expression on her face that was begging for an explanation.

I heaved a sigh and I began. “Rosaline, there has been something I’ve been meaning to explain to you ever since this all began. But I haven’t been able to until now.” She only got more and more confused and a little scared. The tension was rolling off of her. I sat down next to her on her other side and continued. “Rosaline, I’m a vampire.”

This is pretty good 

Introduction

Ch. 3: Embry’s P.O.V.
As I ran through the forest back towards the Cullens’ house I thought again how lucky I was. I finally imprinted! I could’ve howled with excitement, but I didn’t. Jake would’ve thought something was wrong and when he found out that it was nothing he would chew me out for it. Everybody in the pack had imprinted except for me and Seth, even Leah imprinted. She had been up on the Makah rez and she ran into some guy named Mike Redwood and then bang, true love. As soon as we had found out it felt like a huge load had been taken off of our minds, we didn’t have to listen to Leah constantly complain and moan about how she’ll die alone and all that good junk.

Shut up, Embry, she thought. Oh great. She was in her wolf form. Of course I am. Jacob’s got me running patrols with Seth and Quil until he gets back, she explained. Oh, and Jacob told us the news. Congratulations.

Thanks.

Yeah, man. Congrats! Quil thought. Now only Seth is left to imprint.

I’m in no rush, Seth thought. So Embry, what does she look like?

Look for yourself. I thought about Rosaline so that they could all see.

Seth internally whistled. Dang, Embry! She’s pretty. Wish I had imprinted on her.

I growled. Thought you said you weren’t in any rush to imprint? I asked.

Doesn’t mean I can’t hope, he answered.

I think what Seth is trying to say is that you’re very lucky to have her, Leah thought. Really Embry, she is quite beautiful.

Thanks, Leah. That makes me feel sort of better.

You’re sort of welcome. I chuckled. Now that Leah had imprinted she seemed like more fun, easier to talk to. Aw, thanks Embry. You’re so sweet, Leah thought sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. Just don’t let it go to your head, I thought back. As I broke through the last of the trees I found Jacob waiting for me in the meadow in front of the Cullens’ house. Even from here I could smell their stink. It hurt my nose when I was in this form. How could Jacob stand it? I crouched down and Rosaline got off my back. “Rosaline,” Jacob addressed her. “You should get inside. Your mom’s been worried about you.”

“Why?” she asked in a mocking tone. “Just because I was out in the middle of the woods with a bunch of wolves doesn’t mean that I was in any danger.” I barked out a laugh and she laughed with me. I saw the side of Jake’s mouth twitch, but for the most part he kept a poker face. When she was done laughing at her own joke she looked up at me with sad eyes. “I’ll see you later, right?” she asked. I nodded my head and she smiled a little. She placed her hand on my muzzle and pulled her fingers through my fur. I made the wild thrumming sound in my throat like before and she smiled again. She turned around and ran towards the house. Once she was inside I shifted back to my human form and pulled my shorts on.

“Hey Embry. Congrats,” Jacob said with a smile, finally breaking the poker face. He walked over to me and slapped my back his hand.

“Thanks, man,” I said, playfully shoving him.

We started walking towards the house when he asked, “When do you think you’ll tell her?”

I stopped cold in my tracks. I knew what he meant; he wanted to know when I planned on telling Rosaline that I imprinted on her. I didn’t consider that until he had mentioned it. I sighed. “Well, obviously not right now,” I told him. “Soon, maybe. I’ll give her some time to get over the whole my-mom-is-a-vampire thing and then I’ll tell her.”

He nodded and then smiled. “You might want to watch out, Em. If you piss her mom off you’ll find yourself in an early grave,” he warned. I gulped theatrically and we both laughed as we walked back towards the house. Once we were inside I saw Rosaline’s mom fussing over her, asking her if she was hurt.

“I’m fine, Mom. Really,” Rosaline answered exasperated. “Embry took good care of me.”

Her mom looked up at me with sincere eyes and mouthed, “Thank you.”

I nodded. Rosaline followed her mom’s train line of eyesight and smiled at me. God, she was beautiful. Now I knew how it felt to imprint on someone, it was magical. She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I hugged her back as she buried her head in my bare chest. Someone cleared their throat, annoyed. Alice. I unwound my arms from around Rosaline’s waist and dropped them to my sides. She did the same and looked up at Alice. “Well, now that everyone is here, are you ready to see you room?” Alice asked.

Rosaline smiled, but it wasn’t genuine. She was just faking it for Alice’s sake so she wouldn’t hurt her feelings. “Sure,” she answered, a little wary. Alice smiled and grabbed her hand and started pulling her up the stairs. Rosaline reached back and grabbed my hand and started pulling me along with them. I looked back at Jacob who was standing next to Renesmee with his arm around her shoulder. He smiled and winked at me. The rest of the Cullens followed us upstairs to Rosaline's room.

Alice pulled us through the door and let Rosaline take it in. She dropped our hands and placed them over her mouth, excited. "You love it," Alice announced, certainly. Of course she and Edward would know what Rosaline thought about the room. Vampires were bad enough, did there have to be gifted ones too?

"Um... could I get some alone time?" Rosaline asked.

"Sure," Alice answered.

We all started to file out when I felt Rosaline's hand grip mine. "Will you stay with me, Embry?" She asked. I turned around and her eyes were sad again, begging. The one thing I would never want to do was upset her, because if I made her sad or unhappy then I would be sad too.

I nodded and smiled weakly. "Yeah, I'll stay with you, Rose." Forever, I added mentally. She smiled a brilliant smile, not anything like the one she faked for Alice earlier. It made my day.

"Could you close the door behind you?" she asked. "I want to talk to you about something." As I was closing the door, I heard someone whistle. Jacob. I growled under my breath. Hey, Edward, I thought to the bloodsucker. Punch Jake in the arm for me, will you?

Downstairs I heard the whooshing of air and a muted thud and was followed by Jacob yelling "ow". I chuckled. Thanks, I thought to Edward.

When I heard the doorjamb click, I went to join Rosaline where she sat on her bed, waiting for me. As I sat down next to her I asked, "So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

She rolled her eyes up towards the ceiling and sighed. She fell back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. "Everything," she answered. "This is all so disorienting and I need some answers." She sat back up and stared into my eyes. "It feels like you're the only one I can talk to," she told me. She leaned her head against me arm and mumbled, "I can't talk to my mom right now. I'm still upset over the fact that she never told me about all of this until now." I wrapped my arm around shoulder and rubbed her arm.

I snorted. "You can't talk to your vampire mom about this, but you feel comfortable talking to me; your werewolf friend?" I asked. It really didn't make much sense in hind-sight, but I was glad that she chose me to talk to rather than one of those leeches.

She looked up at me through tightened eyes. "That's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about," she said as she shrugged out from beneath my arm. "Aren't werewolves supposed to be able to change in the light of a full moon?"

I snorted again. "Hollywood's version of the werewolf and vampire are vastly overrated," I explained. "Although I've heard that there are actual werewolves over in Europe."

"So what are you considered?" she asked.

"Well, Edward calls us shape shifters because we can shift into another form," I explained. "But we still call ourselves werewolves because that's the only form we can take on."

"How's that possible?" she asked.

"Long story short Quileutes have magic in their blood," I explained. "And that's what I am."

"Well that would explain your reddish brown tan," she said, looking at my skin. "I didn't know if you were part or whole Native American."

"Well now you know," I told her. "Is there anything in you legends about people being drawn towards each other, like gravity?" she asked.

I opened my mouth and shut it just as quickly. I didn't want to lie to her, but I didn't know if I could explain this to her now. She was already going through so much. I remembered something that Jake had said once said long ago, back when he was still hung up on Bella, "Better that she know than lie to her." I heaved a sigh and started. "Yes, there is," I told her. "It's called imprinting."

"What's that?" she asked.

And now here comes the hard part, I thought. "Imprinting is a way we find our soul mates," I explained. "It's like true love only stronger. When you see her, or in Leah's case him, it's like gravity moves. It's like gravity is no longer holding you to the earth, she does. When we imprint we find our other half, the person who best completes us. We don't know why we imprint. Some of the Elders have theories, but none of them are positive. Even though we imprint to find our soul mates it doesn't mean that we have to be together. It just means that we are meant for each other. We can be anything they need us to be, whether that's a protector, a lover, a friend, or a brother."

She blinked her eyes a couple of times before she sighed. "Is there anything else I need to know?" she asked, obviously wanting to change the subject. Good. I was dying for a subject change.

"We don't age," I told her.

"Really?" she asked, surprised. "So you’re immortal?"

I shook my head. "No," I answered. "We're mortal, all right. We just don't age."

Her eyebrows knit together and her eyes tightened. Her eyes moved down to my chest as she placed her hand over my heart, feeling my pulse. Her hand was cold, even for a human. I heard somewhere that if you had cold hands it meant that you have a warm heart. I wonder if it's true.

"How's that possible?" she whispered. You know any other person at this point would've blown a gasket if she got so much as a "what" out of her mouth to ask another question. But I didn't mind; the more she knew the better.

"Well it's a little hard to explain," I told her, placing my own hand over hers. "You see from the time we take our first transformation to the time we quit phasing we don't age. But when we do finally quit our wolf we start aging again."

"How old are you?" she asked.

"Sixteen," I answered. I noticed that she never made any move to remove her hand from my chest. Her hand was slowly becoming warmer and warmer to me.

A knock came at the door and Jacob stepped through. I dropped our hands when I saw the nob turn. "It's our turn to run patrol," he told me. "Quil hasn't been running long, but I'm going to give Seth and Leah a break." I nodded. "All right," I said. "I'll be there in a minute."

He nodded once and left the room; leaving the door open behind him. I sighed and looked over at Rosaline. "I have to go," I told her. "Are you going to be alright for a few hours?"

She smiled a little. It was forced for my benefit, trying to lighten the mood. "I'll be fine," she answered. "And if I'm not I can always come out and find you, right?"

"Yeah, of course," I assured her. "If you want to talk just come outside and call my name a couple of times and I'll find you."

She smiled. "Thanks, Embry. Really," she said. She reached up and pecked me on the cheek. I felt my skin getting hot (or hotter than it already was) from the blush that was reddening my skin. She smiled up at me and nodded towards the door. "You might want to get going before Jake has to come back and drag you out by your hair," she suggested. She chuckled, probably imagining how funny it would be to see.

As much as I didn't want to leave she was right. If I didn't leave now Jacob would come back and drag me out by his teeth. I got up from the bed and walked over to the door. I had one foot out the door when I stopped and looked back at Rosaline over my shoulder. "Will you promise me that you won't do anything stupid or dangerous while I'm gone?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Living in a house full of vampires screams dangerous and stupid," she said, "but if you insist," She raised her right and sat up straight, pretending to be all serious and said, " I swear I won't do anything stupid or dangerous until you come back." She lowered her hand and smiled at me. I smiled back and with that I left her room, trying to ignore the temptation of going back.

I love it!!!!!!!!
FREEKING AMAZING! I love it so much!

Okay guys. Here's the first chapter. Thx for your comments. Enjoy!

Ch.1: Giselle’s P.O.V.
I stopped at one of the three stop lights in town and I started bouncing in my seat with excitement. I couldn’t wait to see all of the Cullens again. As soon as the light turned green I nearly stomped on the gas pedal. Rosaline felt the jerk of the car and she stirred. “Are we there yet?” she asked, groggy.

I was nearly speeding towards the Cullens house with excitement that I almost missed her question. “Yes, sweetheart. We are almost there,” I answered. “Fifteen more minutes,” I announced as I turned onto the Cullens driveway. They would hear out car turn off of the road and Edward would most likely hear my thoughts. Don’t tell them, I thought. I want it to be a surprise.

We drove through about three miles of forest and fifteen minutes later we were driving up on the house. I could see in my peripheral vision Rosaline’s jaw dropping and her eyes popping out of her skull. “Do you like the house?” I asked her as I drove into the massive garage.

“I love it,” she answered as we got out of the car.

“Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that we will be living with some friends of mine that own the house. They’ve already set up our rooms,” I told her as we walked around to the front door.

“Fine by me.” We walked up the stairs and I opened the door. “Shouldn’t you knock first?” she asked.

“No need to,” I muttered under my breath, much too low for her to hear. We walked through and the inside of the house was just like I remembered; bright and wide and spacious.

“Wow,” I heard Rosaline breath from behind me.

“Edward? Bella? Rosalie? Emmett? Jasper? Alice? Renesmee? Carlisle? Esme?” I whispered under my breath. They would hear me.

Alice flitted down the stairs with Jasper right behind her and skipped up to me. “Giselle!” she greeted me with a huge smile and gave me a tight hug. “It’s been much too long,” she said.

“I missed you too, Alice,” I told her as she released me. I looked over her shoulder and Jasper was standing a few feet behind her. “Jasper, don’t be a stranger. What you didn’t miss me?” I asked. He smiled slightly and held his arms out. “That’s what I thought.” I walked over and gave him a hug as well. Not as tight as Alice’s, but still.

When I released him he said, “Of course I did. I was just keeping my distance.”

I smiled at him before I turned around and asked Alice, “Where are the others?”

“Hunting,” she answered. “They’ll be back in a few minutes. Oh,” she exclaimed. She looked at Rosaline standing behind me. “This is Rosaline? Wow, you’ve grown up.”

“I’m sorry,” Rosaline apologized. “But do I know you?”

“You probably do,” Alice answered. “But you don’t remember. I’ll explain when everyone gets back.” She glared at me and asked, “You didn’t tell her?” she asked under her breath so that Rosaline couldn’t hear.

“Alice, you of all people should know why I didn’t,” I told her.

“Oh, right. The Volturi and you want her to think you are human,” she realized. “But you are going to tell her, right?”

I nodded. “Yes, I’ll tell her. I can’t hide it from her anymore,” I said. “She needs to know. She might not like it, but what choices have I?”

“None,” she answered.

“You’ll be doing the right thing, Giselle,” Jasper said. “She’ll understand.”

I nodded and turned to Rosaline. “Are you hungry?” I asked.

“Starving,” she answered.

“Alice, could you take Rosaline into the kitchen and get her some food?” I asked.

She smiled at Rosaline. “Follow me, please.”

As they walked into the kitchen, out of sight I looked at Jasper and asked, “Could you help me with our stuff?”

“Of course.” And with that we flitted out to the car and grabbed as many boxes as we could and took them up to our rooms. My room was simple; white walls with shelves to hold my books and a handmade wooden CD rack to hold all of my music. There wasn’t a bed but there was a black leather couch pushed against the wall. The floor was wooden with a huge aqua blue rug in the middle of the floor. And of course there was a closet to hold my clothes and much, much more. It even came with a few outfits complementary of Alice. The north wall was a huge window that had a spectacular view of the forest.

“I like the room,” I stated.

“We knew you would. Rosaline’s room is right next door if you want to take a look,” I heard Jasper say behind me. Without a second thought I flitted out of the room and went next door to see Rosaline’s room.

The room was painted a pale pink with purple carpet. They had bought a queen sized bed and it was in the middle of the room covered in matching blue sheets and comforter. There was a computer desk so she can do her homework or play around on her laptop. And just like my room there was a huge closet and the north wall was a huge window which over looked the forest.

Jasper finally came into the room when he asked, “Do you think she’ll like it?”

“She’ll love it,” I answered enthusiastically. “It’s like you knew.”

“That’s Alice for you.” I heard Alice and Rosaline talking in the kitchen, just small talk mostly. I figured I would save Rosaline from an uncomfortable moment so I flitted out of the room but walked down the stairs at human speed so she could hear me coming.

Once I came into the kitchen I kissed the top of Rosaline’s head as I was walking by and told her, “Jasper and I brought up your things to your new room, sweetheart.”

“Cool. Can I see it?” she asked.

“No,” Alice answered. “Not yet. I want you to wait until everybody’s here so they can see your reaction.”

Rosaline looked at me with confusion. “Just go along with it,” I mouthed. Alice stepped on my foot, annoyed. At least it wasn’t hard enough so that it hurt.

“Well, can I at least see your room, Mom?” she asked.

I looked at Alice out of the corner of my eye with my eyebrow cocked and a sarcastic smile on my lips. “Can she, Alice?” I asked, mockingly.

She heaved a sigh before answering, “Oh, all right. Just make sure she doesn’t see any of her room and I’ll know if she does.”

Rosaline followed me up the stairs and into my room. “It’s nice, Mom. But there’s no bed,” she noted.

“I know. I’ll explain later,” I told her. As the words escaped my mouth I heard from about four miles away the rustling of leaves and whooshing of air. I smiled secretly to myself and whispered under my breath, “They’re here.” I exited the room with Rosaline on my heels with no idea what was going on.

When we were in the living room she asked, “Are they here?”

“Almost,” I answered. I sat on the couch and watched the TV, acting casual like I always have lived here. I patted the seat next to me, welcoming her to sit next to me. She walked over to the couch and sat next to me and snuggled up into my side like she usually did when we were watching TV together.

As I listened to the Cullens coming closer and closer to the house I thought, Hello, Edward. Don’t tell the rest of them we’re here. I want it to be a surprise. I knew he would be able to hear me.

As they broke through the last of the trees and jumped over the river I smiled to myself and I leaned down to whisper into Rosaline’s ear, “They’re here.”

They all entered through the front door all together. It didn’t take them long to locate me. Once they did they all broke out in their own celebrations. Emmett was the first. He came over and picked me up off of the couch and trapped me in one of his vise tight bear hugs. “Where have you been, Giselle?” he asked. I could hear the smile in his voice. “We’ve missed you.”

Once he let me down I hugged him back. “I missed you too, Emmett,” I told him. All of a sudden from behind someone grabbed me up in another tight hug. Edward, I thought. I missed you, but could you let me go? The arms disappeared and another set of arms replaced them, a gentler set. I hugged back, knowing who it was. “Hello, Esme,” I greeted her. She pulled back and smiled at me.

“It’s really good to see you,” she said.

“Same here.” As she released me someone tackled me, and I knew exactly who it was. “Hi, Renesmee,” I said breathlessly.

She placed her hand on my cheek, using her gift to tell me that she missed me. She showed me my face and then an image of her looking at her reflection in a mirror and tears streaming down her face. “Oh, Renesmee,” I croaked. I held her in my arms and soothingly rubbed her back. “I missed you, too.” If I could, I would’ve cried. Once I released her she smiled at me and looked over my shoulder at Rosaline who was still sitting on the couch where I left her. Renesmee placed her hand back on my cheek and showed me all of the times her and Rosaline played together when they were little. I understood what she was asking. “Yes, you can talk to her,” I whispered. “But remember not to use your gift. She doesn’t know about our kind.”

She nodded, understanding. She went over and sat next to Rosaline on the couch. “Hi, Rose,” she greeted her in her bell like voice. “Do you remember me?”

Rosaline looked at Renesmee with a speculating expression like she was trying real hard to remember something. She tilted her head to the side for a second and then back. “Actually,” she answered. “I think I do. Renesmee, right?” she asked.

Renesmee smiled and nodded. “Yes. You and your mom lived here when you were younger. We used to play together all of the time.”

Rosaline looked up at me, wearing a confused expression on her face that was begging for an explanation.

I heaved a sigh and I began. “Rosaline, there has been something I’ve been meaning to explain to you ever since this all began. But I haven’t been able to until now.” She only got more and more confused and a little scared. The tension was rolling off of her. I sat down next to her on her other side and continued. “Rosaline, I’m a vampire.”

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...