Alright... so I have read through this series more times than is appropriate to admit, but there is something that is driving me crazy and I was hoping someone had an answer for me!

WHY in the first chapter of New Moon did Edward not stay the night with Bella? She woke up from her nightmare about Gran alone, he didn't pick her up for school he just met her there with Alice? WHEN / WHY did he stop staying the night and/or driving her to school?

Tags: bella, edward, moon, new

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i wondered about that too lindsay....that is a good question. i suppose even though they are sooooooo in love they maybe have a break from each other now and then...... but that seems a little out of character come to think if it because they literally cannot live without each other....as illustrated in new moon itself!

hmmmmm...now im confused....anyone else have any idea?
I am not completely sure on this but I think its because Edward is trying to seperate himself from Bella as much as he can before he leaves so that when he does leave its not quite as hard. Like he's pushing himself away from her. That's the impression I got but maybe I am wrong. :)
uhm....who caress????
Pattinist_Twerd said:
I am not completely sure on this but I think its because Edward is trying to seperate himself from Bella as much as he can before he leaves so that when he does leave its not quite as hard. Like he's pushing himself away from her. That's the impression I got but maybe I am wrong. :)

I personally believe this is why as well. =]
I think he was trying to distance himself because it wasn't easy for him to do that to her and himself.
hum i now i was thinking the same thing when i read new moon but maybe he was too thirsty and didint want to risk hurting her because he needed to have blood in his system but if not i dont know the reason :)
I think he was preparing himself to break up with her. Pumping himself up to leave. And just seeing her would make it that much worse, and he might chicken out. He wants what was best for her, and to him it was to fade outta her life. To keep her safe.
Everyone keeps saying he was distancing himself because of what Jasper did, BUT I am pretty positive that, Jasper had not attacked Bella yet. This was before her birthday party. She had the dream about Gran and then next morning was her birthday. So I don't know why he wasn't with her, maybe he was hunting? lol.
He does stay the night with her except when he has to hunt then he just stay out and the reason he meets her at school is because of Bella she is the one who wants to beable to drive some of the time. Plus in newmoon they love each other but Edward is still trying to kinda pull himself away from her because he feels that is what he needs to do. It isnt intell the end of the book that he realizes that he will never be able to stay away inless she wants him to. and thats when he is always with her no matter what. in the begaining of the book he does not know that he is going to leave not intell after the party. but he was expecting some kind of bad thing to happen evenchaly. thats why he never promised to always stay with her he just said as long as it is good for you. in away he new something would happen he just didnt know what but that is why he was not with her that night and that is way he meets her at school.

I have read the books about 7 times each and I have alot of feeling on them please feel free to ask me anything about them if you dont understand part of them. I hope I was able to answer your question..
maybe he was hunting that night

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

¬© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...