New Moon Soundtrack - give your suggestions, reasons and parts where the songs fit better in the story.

I know there is a post about possible songs for the New Moon Soundtrack.
What I intend with this post is not only song suggestions but also reasons you have to choose that song for the New Moon movie. You can also say in which parts of the story that songs would fit better.

For example (my suggestions):

- The song "NEED" by Hana Pestle
- reasons: the lyrics are just insane! And they look like they've been made for the movie, as we can see in this examples: "I'm not quite sure how to breathe without you here I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to say goodbye to all we were"; "My hand searches for your hand In a dark room I can't find you Help me Are you looking for me?".
- parts in the story where this song fits: there is a lot of discussion around this topic but my personal opinion is that this song best fits in the months when Bella is in the 'zombie' mood and she tries to reach for Edward, despite forbidding herself to think about him ("Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget"). I think that the lyrics and the melody of the song really can show which feelings Bella has during those months.

- The song "I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LEAVE YOUR HEART WITH ME" by Rita Guerra (a portuguese singer)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly! And they show very well some parts of the story, as we can see in this examples: "I still have both hands over old photographs to remind me of the laughter, and tears"; "All that I know, I can't keep on living a lie, Oh, but darling... I can't hide the truth"; "I thought you would leave your heart with me And that part of you is all I need And someday you'd reappear, 'Cause you knew you left it here The only place it could ever be I thought I could watch you walk away Knowing somewhere down the road you'd say: 'It was all a big mistake, it was more than you could take', I thought you would leave your heart with me...".
- parts in the story where this song fits: well I think this song really could be used in the parts where Bella holds her Photo Album and thinks in Edward and also in the parts where she thinks about what happen in the woods and tries to give reasons and remembers of Edward's sentence: 'It will be as if I never existed'.

- The song "BRING ME TO LIFE" by Evanescence (which I think would be very used in the New Moon soundtrack because their songs fit perfectly)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly in some parts, as we can see in this example: "Wake me up inside (I Can't wake up) Wake me up inside (Save me) Call my name and save me from the dark (Wake me up)"
- parts in the story where this song fits: as we can see above, I think this song should be used in the cliff diving scene. It transmits all the feelings that Bella has, such as the need to listen to Edward's voice and the peace and the sensation of flying.

So I'm excited to see all the suggestions of you, twifans, such as the reasons for those choices and the parts of the story where they can be used.

Thank you very much (and forgive me for any mistake in the language),

Jess' Martins

Tags: Bella, Cullen, Edward, Moon, Movie, New, Sountrack, Swan

Views: 402

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG! I love SELENA and this is my favorite song on her DREAMING OF YOU Album. I am Cuban-American and Selena was Mexican American and her music and her personality were proof that you did not have to be either one to appreciate good Music. R.I.P Selena. Ella canta con los angeles!

Monika Lopez said:
- The song "GOD'S CHILD" by Selena
-The reasons: I know no one has ever really thought of this.. but this song fits PERFECTLY for the movie.. its an old song by the artist SELENA... its a duet she made. It has an indian tribe sound/vibe... with the drums..and if you pay attention to the lyrics.. it pretty much fits New Moon .. mentioning Bella hearing a song no one else can hear and how this song is about the "Vampire".... no kid.. read the lyrics.. listen to this song.. and the sound..
The song would best fit during the scenes where Jacob and Bella would be hanging out more often, building there motorcycles, just having fun.. and seeing Bella show more life because she is hanging around Jacob.

I just DARE .... DAAAARE anyone to listen to the song.. I have the link here... listen to it... close your eyes and imagine this in the movie... just like how I described where it would fit... tell me what you guys think
Whenever I think of New Moon I think of "Thinking of You" by Katy Perry. This song would be perfect for when Bella is in her truck with Jacob as she struggles with whether she should be with him since she doesn't think she'll ever see Edward again just before she spots Carlisles car and Alice re-enters the picture. It breaks my heart. The lyrics fit perfectly.

Thinking of You

Comparisons are easily done
Once you've had a taste of perfection
Like an apple hanging from a tree
I picked the ripest one, I still got the seed

You said move on, where do I go?
I guess second best is all I will know

'Cause when I'm with him I am thinking of you
(Thinking of you, thinking of you)
Thinking of you, what you would do
If you were the one who was spending the night
(Spending the night, spending the night)
Oh, I wish that I was looking into your eyes

You're like an Indian summer in the middle of winter
Like a hard candy with a surprise center
How do I get better once I've had the best?
You said there's tons of fish in the water, so the waters I will test

He kissed my lips, I taste your mouth, oh!
(Taste your mouth)
He pulled me in, I was disgusted with myself

Oh, I wish that I was looking into

You're the best, and yes, I do regret
How I could let myself let you go
Now, now the lesson's learned
I touched it, I was burned
Oh, I think you should know!

Oh, I wish that I was looking into your, your eyes
Looking into your eyes, looking into your eyes

Oh, won't you walk through?
And bust in the door and take me away?
Oh, no more mistakes
'Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay, stay
these are two beutiful songs... :D

Carooo said:
Okay I've watched at my music and found this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz6tKoK4j98

It's one of my favourite songs and I really like it for New Moon

Love of my life, my soulmate
You're my best friend
Part of me like breathing
Now half of me is left

I don't know anything at all
Who am I to say you love me
& who am I to say you need me

Color me blue I'm lost in you
Don't know why I'm still waiting
Many moons have come & gone
Don't know why I'm still searching

Don't know anything at all
& who am I to say you love me

Hmmm hmmm mmm
Uhhh oohhh aahhh
Hooo aahhh ohh ohhh

Now you're a song I love to sing
Never thought it feels so free
Now I know what's meant to be
& that's okay with me

But who am I to say you love me

Mmmm Hmmm

So and I found another one

Delta Goodrem - Fragile

This song is perfect for Bella at New Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uXZJrGsdeM

Six thoughts at once, I can't focus on one
Seven days a week, but my life has just begun
So caught in emotion, that I'm overcome
As I'm falling down, I come undone

Sometimes I feel like I'm alone
Sometimes I feel like I'm not that strong
Sometimes I feel so frail, so small
Sometimes I feel vulnerable
Sometimes I feel a little fragile

A little fragile...

In six thousand years, now what will this mean
Words from the heart, or a melody
So caught in emotion, that I'm overcome
As I'm falling down, I come undone

Sometimes I feel nothing at all

A little fragile...

If people can see right through my eyes
Like an open door that I can't disguise
I won't be afraid for the tears I cry
I'll not run, I'll not hide, this is how I feel inside

A little fragile...
A little fragile...

Sometimes I feel so frail, so small
I love the song I'll Be Your Love by Nicole Scherzinger. I think it just summarizes Bella and Edward's relationship. I would fit towards the end of the movie or credits. Idk. Just listen to it. The lyrics are amazing.
Greetings & Salutations;

"A Beautiful Lie" album by 30SecondsToMars actually has a great connection to the characters and parts of the story line. This album could easily BE the soundtrack to any of the books/movies without any revisions. Whoever is compiling the rest of the Saga soundtracks should really give a listen to this bands work. Each and every song could easily fit into ANY or ALL of the books and movies!!! They aren't a mainstream band, but they have many loyal fans...myself being a Huge One!

Well Wishes & Good Day,
Traci D. Culling
Sorry to some this is a repeat. However, I really feel that the song "Tapes", by Alanis Morrissette should be used when Edward leaves Bella. It would just begin lightly playing when he walks her into the words, and the last line in the song:
“I’m but a thorn in your sweet side, you'd better off without me, It’d be best to leave at once” would play loud right when he says goodbye and kisses her on the forehead and then turns and walks away. Please check that song out when you read that part in the story. It fit so perfect. It's a very sad song and she has such and amazing voice!!!
Okee. So I'm not a HUGE fan of Twilight, but I did enjoy the movie.
However, my mom saw this and thought because I am good with choosing music for movies, I should put my opinion to good use.

So, I'm aware that in New Moon, Bella I guess, "gives up" on Edward coming back for her. (Sorry if I'm rough on the facts, I got a 1 min summary from my mom, who's read the saga, before she was demanded to go pick up my little sister's friend.) Anyway, she was laying on the ground in a forest and I was thinking a great song that could play during that scene in the movie would be an acoustic version of the song "Devil In Me" by Kate Voegele.
Especially because in the song it says "Do you not see how I'm begging on my knees?" and also "I ain't never done nothing to deserve this, I'm torn apart." I guess in a way, it'd be like Bella feeling this way about Edward leaving her, because she really doesn't know why he would if he loved her.

Here are the lyrics:
"The Devil In Me"

Far in the distance
This is the view from the other side
How did I let this pass me by?

Took me for granted
Planted thorns in this garden of mine
What are the chances?
My hope has died

Please have mercy
You've unnerved me
I don't deserve this pain

So don't break my heart,
I ain't never done nothing to deserve this
I'm torn apart
You've had your fun, do you suppose I earned it?
Do you not see how I'm begging on my knees?
Don't speak, don't breathe,
You bring out the devil in me

Thinking it over
Those were days dark as ebony nights
The end of October felt like a lifetime

I had a suspicion
But didn't want to believe you a liar
You had a mission to prove me right

You took my trust
Ground it to dust
Found out I knew better

[Chorus]

And I don't wanna feel the pain
And I don't want another day
Shackled to your ball and chain
You're entirely to blame
And I'm so tired of explaining
The sensation of no Novocain

[Chorus]

I don't have a prayer if
There is no charity in your heart
Couldn't you spare me?
I've done my part

[Chorus]

And here is a URL to an acoustic version I was thinking would sound great for the scene:

Hope my opinion satisfies some of you.
Love, Jess.
Oh, I think "Need" by Hana Pestle is good too.

"Bring Me To Life" on the other hand is very hardcore and strong. However; I think it might work well with the part where she jumps off the bridge of cliff, or whatever she jumps off. (Like I said, I'm getting my information from a unclear source with a busy schedule.)

But also, "Bring Me To Life" is SUCH a common song and I think they are looking for something a little newer, or different than older songs that use to be on the radio 24/7. You know?
Good song though. (:
I have a song for New Moon, how about Her Diamonds by Rob Thomas. What do you think?
I think Tourniquet by Evanescense would work when she is in the meadow with Laraunt.Because at one point it says "my wolves cry for the grave" and that could be when jacob transforms protecting her. Or in the beginning of the song it says "i tried to kill the pain but only brought more" could fit in when shes all depressed at her house and stuff. I don't know its only a thought.
I really think that Howie Day - Collide should be in the movie,
Because it's a really emotional song, preferably for when Jacob and Bella become really good friends and spend lots of time together.
Either NEED or BRING ME TO LIFE!!!
Defo not the middle one. its not right for the story tbh. yeah the lyrics are but defo NOT the melody tbh :P:P

LOVE you xxx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...