I know there is a post about possible songs for the New Moon Soundtrack.
What I intend with this post is not only song suggestions but also reasons you have to choose that song for the New Moon movie. You can also say in which parts of the story that songs would fit better.
For example (my suggestions):
- The song "NEED" by Hana Pestle
- reasons: the lyrics are just insane! And they look like they've been made for the movie, as we can see in this examples: "I'm not quite sure how to breathe without you here I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to say goodbye to all we were"; "My hand searches for your hand In a dark room I can't find you Help me Are you looking for me?".
- parts in the story where this song fits: there is a lot of discussion around this topic but my personal opinion is that this song best fits in the months when Bella is in the 'zombie' mood and she tries to reach for Edward, despite forbidding herself to think about him ("Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget"). I think that the lyrics and the melody of the song really can show which feelings Bella has during those months.
- The song "I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LEAVE YOUR HEART WITH ME" by Rita Guerra (a portuguese singer)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly! And they show very well some parts of the story, as we can see in this examples: "I still have both hands over old photographs to remind me of the laughter, and tears"; "All that I know, I can't keep on living a lie, Oh, but darling... I can't hide the truth"; "I thought you would leave your heart with me And that part of you is all I need And someday you'd reappear, 'Cause you knew you left it here The only place it could ever be I thought I could watch you walk away Knowing somewhere down the road you'd say: 'It was all a big mistake, it was more than you could take', I thought you would leave your heart with me...".
- parts in the story where this song fits: well I think this song really could be used in the parts where Bella holds her Photo Album and thinks in Edward and also in the parts where she thinks about what happen in the woods and tries to give reasons and remembers of Edward's sentence: 'It will be as if I never existed'.
- The song "BRING ME TO LIFE" by Evanescence (which I think would be very used in the New Moon soundtrack because their songs fit perfectly)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly in some parts, as we can see in this example: "Wake me up inside (I Can't wake up) Wake me up inside (Save me) Call my name and save me from the dark (Wake me up)"
- parts in the story where this song fits: as we can see above, I think this song should be used in the cliff diving scene. It transmits all the feelings that Bella has, such as the need to listen to Edward's voice and the peace and the sensation of flying.
So I'm excited to see all the suggestions of you, twifans, such as the reasons for those choices and the parts of the story where they can be used.
Thank you very much (and forgive me for any mistake in the language),
I think Tourniquet by Evanescense would work when she is in the meadow with Laraunt.Because at one point it says "my wolves cry for the grave" and that could be when jacob transforms protecting her. Or in the beginning of the song it says "i tried to kill the pain but only brought more" could fit in when shes all depressed at her house and stuff. I don't know its only a thought.
I have found the perfect song to go with the new moon soundtrack. I have been looking for somewhere to post it. It's evanescence, my Immortal. I know it's already in stephanie meyers soundtrack but we'd like to say when in the movie. It should be as she is standing on the cliff about to dive off the highest part, the song starts as she's walking there seeing the views getting higer and higher, It should show flashbacks of her and Edward and the bit when she actually jumps should be in slow motion and its the part about 3 minutes 8 seconds into the song, and when the chorus comes again more flashbacks and as the music goes without words she is getting more tired of struggling and gets more sleepy, sees victorias red hair, song finishes and thats when Jacob comes.
I find this songs words so meaningful and thoughtful.