New Moon Soundtrack - give your suggestions, reasons and parts where the songs fit better in the story.

I know there is a post about possible songs for the New Moon Soundtrack.
What I intend with this post is not only song suggestions but also reasons you have to choose that song for the New Moon movie. You can also say in which parts of the story that songs would fit better.

For example (my suggestions):

- The song "NEED" by Hana Pestle
- reasons: the lyrics are just insane! And they look like they've been made for the movie, as we can see in this examples: "I'm not quite sure how to breathe without you here I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to say goodbye to all we were"; "My hand searches for your hand In a dark room I can't find you Help me Are you looking for me?".
- parts in the story where this song fits: there is a lot of discussion around this topic but my personal opinion is that this song best fits in the months when Bella is in the 'zombie' mood and she tries to reach for Edward, despite forbidding herself to think about him ("Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget"). I think that the lyrics and the melody of the song really can show which feelings Bella has during those months.

- The song "I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LEAVE YOUR HEART WITH ME" by Rita Guerra (a portuguese singer)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly! And they show very well some parts of the story, as we can see in this examples: "I still have both hands over old photographs to remind me of the laughter, and tears"; "All that I know, I can't keep on living a lie, Oh, but darling... I can't hide the truth"; "I thought you would leave your heart with me And that part of you is all I need And someday you'd reappear, 'Cause you knew you left it here The only place it could ever be I thought I could watch you walk away Knowing somewhere down the road you'd say: 'It was all a big mistake, it was more than you could take', I thought you would leave your heart with me...".
- parts in the story where this song fits: well I think this song really could be used in the parts where Bella holds her Photo Album and thinks in Edward and also in the parts where she thinks about what happen in the woods and tries to give reasons and remembers of Edward's sentence: 'It will be as if I never existed'.

- The song "BRING ME TO LIFE" by Evanescence (which I think would be very used in the New Moon soundtrack because their songs fit perfectly)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly in some parts, as we can see in this example: "Wake me up inside (I Can't wake up) Wake me up inside (Save me) Call my name and save me from the dark (Wake me up)"
- parts in the story where this song fits: as we can see above, I think this song should be used in the cliff diving scene. It transmits all the feelings that Bella has, such as the need to listen to Edward's voice and the peace and the sensation of flying.

So I'm excited to see all the suggestions of you, twifans, such as the reasons for those choices and the parts of the story where they can be used.

Thank you very much (and forgive me for any mistake in the language),

Jess' Martins

Tags: Bella, Cullen, Edward, Moon, Movie, New, Sountrack, Swan

Views: 395

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was listening to my Ipod the other day and i found the best songs for the soundtrack to New Moon!

Okay first off we have

Hot and Cold (darling dont) by Strata

Reasons: This song is so good...it just reminds me of when Edward leaves Bella. Like when she is in the woods laying down.
I will just post the Lyrics
EVERYONE GO LISTEN TO IT!!

Lyrics | Strata - Hot / cold (darling, don’t) lyrics My other choice would be:

All Around Me by Flyleaf (both versions are good, but i would use the acoustic version for the movie)

Reason: The part where she says Take my hand I give it to you Now you own me All I am You said you would never leave me I believe you, I believe.

Here are the lyrics

Lyrics | Flyleaf - All Around Me lyrics
HOT & COLD (DARLING DON'T)

ALL AROUND ME (ACOUSTIC)
I think that "You Found Me" By The Fray would fit really well for new moon. It is a good song to explain the situation going on when Edward leaves Bella. It also incorporates Jacob taking care of Bella while Edward is gone. When i heard this song the first thing that came to mind was New Moon. If you don't know this song go listen to it.....

Here are the lyrics:

I found God on the corner of 1st and Amistad
Where the West was all but won
All alone, smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where've you been?" He said, "Ask anything."

Where were you, when everything was falling apart.
All my days were spent by the telephone that never rang
And all I needed was a call that never came
To the corner of 1st and Amistad

Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late, you found me, you found me.

But in the end everyone ends up alone
Losing her, the only one who's ever known
Who I am, who I'm not and who I wanna to be
No way to know how long she will be next to me

The early morning, the city breaks
And I've been calling for years and years and years
And you never left me no messages
You never sent me no letters
You got some kind of nerve taking all I want

Lying on the floor, Where were you? Where were you?

Why'd you have to wait, to find me, to find me?
How Could This Happen to Me-Simple Plan
All the lyrics match perfectly
it would fit PERFECTLY after she chases edward into the woods XD
- The song "GOD'S CHILD" by Selena
-The reasons: I know no one has ever really thought of this.. but this song fits PERFECTLY for the movie.. its an old song by the artist SELENA... its a duet she made. It has an indian tribe sound/vibe... with the drums..and if you pay attention to the lyrics.. it pretty much fits New Moon .. mentioning Bella hearing a song no one else can hear and how this song is about the "Vampire".... no kid.. read the lyrics.. listen to this song.. and the sound..
The song would best fit during the scenes where Jacob and Bella would be hanging out more often, building there motorcycles, just having fun.. and seeing Bella show more life because she is hanging around Jacob.

I just DARE .... DAAAARE anyone to listen to the song.. I have the link here... listen to it... close your eyes and imagine this in the movie... just like how I described where it would fit... tell me what you guys think????

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN:
http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=track&id=tra.3684929&re...

ps: part of it is in spanish so its tranlated to understand but its so amazing how this song fits

Artist: Selena
Album: Dreaming Of You
Title: God's Child

Hey hey hey hey
Ho ho ho ho
(david byrne)
Who calls this child to walk on her own?
Who leads her down this treacherous road?
She's dancing to a song we can't hear

(selena)
Caminando en calle doce (12)
Debes estar en la escuela
Dulce angelita, de quién eres tú?
(translation:
Walking along 12th street
You should be in school
Sweet little angel, whose child are you?)

Come dance with me (ven, baila conmigo)
Come dance with me

(david byrne)
God makes us dream, but won't set us free
God calls us dance to songs we can't hear

(selena)
Canción del vampiro
Gloria de amor
Es nuestro reino
Pero vean lo que hemos hecho
(translation:
Song of the vampire
The glory of love
This is our kingdom
But look what we have done)

(both)
Come and dance with me (quiero ser libre)
Como tú, como tú solo puedas bailar...
Oye, mira, baila conmigo
No me dejes sola
Ven, ven, ven
No me dejes sola

Ooh, come on down
Ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh
Ah, set me free (quiero ser libre) ha!
Ooh, ahh, with me

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!!
FEEDBACK GREATLY APPREACIATED!
i wrote a song based on the twilight series and i htink it could be applied any where in the book/movie. Could you gusy please give it a listen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYuig1PY3pA
Please leave a comment on youtube!
thx!
Underwater- Vertical Horizon
REASON: fits the mood, it has a perfect vibe.... perfect perfect perfect for this part
PART WHERE IT FITS: cliff scene after Bella jumps and "sees" Edward

Time is Running Out- Muse
REASON: shows how addicted Bella is to Edward, and truely their time is running out
PART WHERE IT FITS: when Alice and Bella are trying to save Edward

Rest In Peace (RIP)- Cloe Beaudoin
REASON: she wrote the song specifically for New Moon... Cloe is awesome!
PART WHERE IT FITS: after Edward breaks up and leaves Bella in the forest

Pieces- RED
REASON: because the lyrics and tone of the song are perfect
PART WHERE IT FITS: when Bella is crawling on the ground after Edward broke up with her/ anytime where she's breaking down/Bella's crazy moments when she hears Edward, when she meets him under the clock tower in Italy/ after they escape the Volturi and in the lobby/plane ride back from Italy, possibly the cliff diving scene and when she "sees" Edward underwater

Ordinary World- RED
REASON: Bella being with Jake, it seems like she realizes when Edward really isn't coming back she must keep living on
PART WHERE IT FITS: anytime with Bella and Jake

Damn Girl- The All American Rejects
REASON: it describes how Jake feels about Bella
PART WHERE IT FITS: for Jake, mayber after the movie theatre, maybe the end of the movie where Jake gets Bella grounded, not sure

Shadows- RED
REASON: it fits well with a bunch of things
PART WHERE IT FITS: when Bella starts hearing Edward voice with the guys at the bar, seeing Laurent in the meadow, the bikes, and the cliff... or perhaps when Edward realizes that Bella has "died" and goes to the Volturi

The Best I've Ever Had- Vertical Horizon
REASON: It's how Bella feels about Edward
PART WHERE IT FITS: for Bella when she's moping around about Edward :P

Fix You- Coldplay
REASON: Jake understands how Bella feels about the Cullens and Edward without even having her say it, he sees the pain in her face, he's sensitive and peceptive...
PART WHERE IT FITS: for Jake wanting to make Bella better, when he tries to talk to her about the Cullens

Twilight- Thriving Ivory
REASON: from Edward's perspective, he's wondering how Bella is doing, thinking Bella will forget about him (AS IF)
PART WHERE IT FITS: Edward feeling bad about leaving Bella, there's not really a place for it

Memories- Within Temptation
REASON: reflects Bella's eternal love for Edward and her addiction to him as well when he's gone
PART WHERE IT FITS: anytime when Bella encounters Edward's "voice"
I really like your coldplay suggestion.. that song would fit perfectly for that scene. :)

Angela said:
Underwater- Vertical Horizon
REASON: fits the mood, it has a perfect vibe.... perfect perfect perfect for this part
PART WHERE IT FITS: cliff scene after Bella jumps and "sees" Edward

Time is Running Out- Muse
REASON: shows how addicted Bella is to Edward, and truely their time is running out
PART WHERE IT FITS: when Alice and Bella are trying to save Edward

Rest In Peace (RIP)- Cloe Beaudoin
REASON: she wrote the song specifically for New Moon... Cloe is awesome!
PART WHERE IT FITS: after Edward breaks up and leaves Bella in the forest

Pieces- RED
REASON: because the lyrics and tone of the song are perfect
PART WHERE IT FITS: when Bella is crawling on the ground after Edward broke up with her/ anytime where she's breaking down/Bella's crazy moments when she hears Edward, when she meets him under the clock tower in Italy/ after they escape the Volturi and in the lobby/plane ride back from Italy, possibly the cliff diving scene and when she "sees" Edward underwater

Ordinary World- RED
REASON: Bella being with Jake, it seems like she realizes when Edward really isn't coming back she must keep living on
PART WHERE IT FITS: anytime with Bella and Jake

Damn Girl- The All American Rejects
REASON: it describes how Jake feels about Bella
PART WHERE IT FITS: for Jake, mayber after the movie theatre, maybe the end of the movie where Jake gets Bella grounded, not sure

Shadows- RED
REASON: it fits well with a bunch of things
PART WHERE IT FITS: when Bella starts hearing Edward voice with the guys at the bar, seeing Laurent in the meadow, the bikes, and the cliff... or perhaps when Edward realizes that Bella has "died" and goes to the Volturi

The Best I've Ever Had- Vertical Horizon
REASON: It's how Bella feels about Edward
PART WHERE IT FITS: for Bella when she's moping around about Edward :P

Fix You- Coldplay
REASON: Jake understands how Bella feels about the Cullens and Edward without even having her say it, he sees the pain in her face, he's sensitive and peceptive...
PART WHERE IT FITS: for Jake wanting to make Bella better, when he tries to talk to her about the Cullens

Twilight- Thriving Ivory
REASON: from Edward's perspective, he's wondering how Bella is doing, thinking Bella will forget about him (AS IF)
PART WHERE IT FITS: Edward feeling bad about leaving Bella, there's not really a place for it

Memories- Within Temptation
REASON: reflects Bella's eternal love for Edward and her addiction to him as well when he's gone
PART WHERE IT FITS: anytime when Bella encounters Edward's "voice"
OH oh and also I think Your song Kate walsh would be amazing :

I'm getting soo excited now it's quite sad XD xx
i think danity kane- stay with me sound great in breakin up scene..
I forgot one

Lost-RED
REASONS: it's perfect
PART WHERE IT FITS: anywhere
The song IN MY HEAD by 12 ST0NES.
-reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly :" In my head I hear you calling me ,and I can't run 'cause there's nothing left for me. when I fall you always follow me ,deep inside, deep inside ,deep inside of my head. I just can't last as these feelings pass once again I hide the pain inside, the smile wears thin and the lies begin to bring me down again. deep Inside your eyes I am blinded by your love still I run so far just to find that i'm alone again
-parts in the story where this song fits: as u see above, the song could be used when bella hears edward in her head, when she dreams that she runs and there's nothing to find, and when she has to pretend that she's ok 4 charlie.
aaaaand sorry 4 my english mistakes ;) im trying to improve.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...