New Moon Soundtrack - give your suggestions, reasons and parts where the songs fit better in the story.

I know there is a post about possible songs for the New Moon Soundtrack.
What I intend with this post is not only song suggestions but also reasons you have to choose that song for the New Moon movie. You can also say in which parts of the story that songs would fit better.

For example (my suggestions):

- The song "NEED" by Hana Pestle
- reasons: the lyrics are just insane! And they look like they've been made for the movie, as we can see in this examples: "I'm not quite sure how to breathe without you here I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to say goodbye to all we were"; "My hand searches for your hand In a dark room I can't find you Help me Are you looking for me?".
- parts in the story where this song fits: there is a lot of discussion around this topic but my personal opinion is that this song best fits in the months when Bella is in the 'zombie' mood and she tries to reach for Edward, despite forbidding herself to think about him ("Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget"). I think that the lyrics and the melody of the song really can show which feelings Bella has during those months.

- The song "I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LEAVE YOUR HEART WITH ME" by Rita Guerra (a portuguese singer)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly! And they show very well some parts of the story, as we can see in this examples: "I still have both hands over old photographs to remind me of the laughter, and tears"; "All that I know, I can't keep on living a lie, Oh, but darling... I can't hide the truth"; "I thought you would leave your heart with me And that part of you is all I need And someday you'd reappear, 'Cause you knew you left it here The only place it could ever be I thought I could watch you walk away Knowing somewhere down the road you'd say: 'It was all a big mistake, it was more than you could take', I thought you would leave your heart with me...".
- parts in the story where this song fits: well I think this song really could be used in the parts where Bella holds her Photo Album and thinks in Edward and also in the parts where she thinks about what happen in the woods and tries to give reasons and remembers of Edward's sentence: 'It will be as if I never existed'.

- The song "BRING ME TO LIFE" by Evanescence (which I think would be very used in the New Moon soundtrack because their songs fit perfectly)
- reasons: the lyrics fit perfectly in some parts, as we can see in this example: "Wake me up inside (I Can't wake up) Wake me up inside (Save me) Call my name and save me from the dark (Wake me up)"
- parts in the story where this song fits: as we can see above, I think this song should be used in the cliff diving scene. It transmits all the feelings that Bella has, such as the need to listen to Edward's voice and the peace and the sensation of flying.

So I'm excited to see all the suggestions of you, twifans, such as the reasons for those choices and the parts of the story where they can be used.

Thank you very much (and forgive me for any mistake in the language),

Jess' Martins

Tags: Bella, Cullen, Edward, Moon, Movie, New, Sountrack, Swan

Views: 398

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay I've watched at my music and found this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz6tKoK4j98

It's one of my favourite songs and I really like it for New Moon

Love of my life, my soulmate
You're my best friend
Part of me like breathing
Now half of me is left

I don't know anything at all
Who am I to say you love me
& who am I to say you need me

Color me blue I'm lost in you
Don't know why I'm still waiting
Many moons have come & gone
Don't know why I'm still searching

Don't know anything at all
& who am I to say you love me

Hmmm hmmm mmm
Uhhh oohhh aahhh
Hooo aahhh ohh ohhh

Now you're a song I love to sing
Never thought it feels so free
Now I know what's meant to be
& that's okay with me

But who am I to say you love me

Mmmm Hmmm

So and I found another one

Delta Goodrem - Fragile

This song is perfect for Bella at New Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uXZJrGsdeM

Six thoughts at once, I can't focus on one
Seven days a week, but my life has just begun
So caught in emotion, that I'm overcome
As I'm falling down, I come undone

Sometimes I feel like I'm alone
Sometimes I feel like I'm not that strong
Sometimes I feel so frail, so small
Sometimes I feel vulnerable
Sometimes I feel a little fragile

A little fragile...

In six thousand years, now what will this mean
Words from the heart, or a melody
So caught in emotion, that I'm overcome
As I'm falling down, I come undone

Sometimes I feel nothing at all

A little fragile...

If people can see right through my eyes
Like an open door that I can't disguise
I won't be afraid for the tears I cry
I'll not run, I'll not hide, this is how I feel inside

A little fragile...
A little fragile...

Sometimes I feel so frail, so small
I was very pleased to see that the Twilight Soundtrack had only a couple of mainstream artists and mostly indies. I am a big fan of soundtracks, I own about 20 soundtracks and I love them. I think the music needs to fit the sound of the movie, and not so much word for word accurate to what is going on the story. I think we need a lot of dark sounding music, but not heavy metal or anything. Anything by Evanescence or Within Temptation is too much I think. Even Linkin Park sounds too edgy and rocky for tone. In Twilight they put it during the credits, and not in the movie. I think for New Moon we need a lot of indies once again. It needs to set a good tone, and needs to create her sense of loss and sadness.

I am sure for the big scenes, like the one where she is cliff diving and running after Edward it will use the score. But, these are some good songs I think that could be spread out amongst the movie that are good, not too mainstream, and help create the tone of the movie:

*"Captive Mind" --Helio Sequence -- I think this is a fun song that could be used somewhere in the beginning before her loss of Edward, or sometime in the middle when she is out and about.

*"Different Gray" --Horsefeathers -- I love this song. It seems so sad and breathtaking and fits her sadness I think. It's also very calming, and this band almost reminds me of Iron and WIne a little.

*"How to CompletelY Disappear" --Radiohead -- I also love this song. This song exemplifies her state of catatonia and depression.

*"A Rush of Blood to the Head" --Coldplay --I like this song a lot, maybe for when she's driving to look at the Cullen house when it is disserted.Or maybe when Jacob sees how sad she is about Edward still.

*"Almost Forgot Myself" --Doves ---I picture this song when she is having fun with Jacob and maybe riding the motorcycles (before she crashes of course. When she is crashing it would switch over to the score)

Those are just a few songs. I have tons more.
I think "halo" form beyonce should be in the new moon soundtrack becsuse it kind of really sad it talkesabout having a halo around you it could be perfect when bella is sad about edward leaving her but she still feels like "if this world is any good then edward must be alive"thinking and i just really like the song alot it makes me feel sad and happy and it jsut reminds me of bella and another song is "you found me" by the fray it is a really good song i heard it on the show lost and really feel in love with this song it could be used when jacob finds and helps heel bella when she is going through that really hard patch of her life when edward left her and beacuse i really just love the fray so much :)
wow tha's the same thing i was thinking i have taylor swift cd and i was listening to that song andi thought it would perfect for new moon well i guess great minds think alike right :)

Carooo said:
Oh I really love "Breathe" by Taylor Swift. Her voice is amazing and the lyrics are perfect for Bella's feelings at New Moon

Lyrics:

I see your face in my mind as I drive away,
Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way.
People are people,
And sometimes we change our minds.
But its killing me to see you go after all this time.

Mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm

Music starts playin like the end of a sad movie,
Its the kinda ending you dont really wanna see.
Cause its tragedy and itll only bring you down,
Now I dont know what to be without you around.

And we know its never simple,
Never easy.
Never a clean break, noone here to save me.
Youre the only thing I know like the back of my hand,
And I cant,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to.

Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt.
Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve.
But people are people,
And sometimes it doesnt work out,
Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out.

Never easy.
Never a clean break, no one here to save me.
And I cant,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to.

Its two a.m.
Feelin' like I just lost a friend.
Hope you know its not easy,
Easy for me.
Its two a.m.
Feelin like I just lost a friend.
Hope you know this aint easy,
Easy for me.

Never easy.

Ohhh

I cant,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to.

Sorry (oh) Sorry (mmm)
Sorry (eh eh) Sorry (mmm)
Sorry

I think the part "Never a clean break, no one here to save me" is perfect :)
I think Breathe by Taylor Swift.
Lyrics: i can't breathe without you but i have to

and

Broken by Seether ft Amy Lee.

Both awsuum songs.
OMG i totally agree! that is like one of my favorite songs!
i vote #1 on breathe!

stupidlamb said:
wow tha's the same thing i was thinking i have taylor swift cd and i was listening to that song andi thought it would perfect for new moon well i guess great minds think alike right :)

Carooo said:
Oh I really love "Breathe" by Taylor Swift. Her voice is amazing and the lyrics are perfect for Bella's feelings at New Moon

Lyrics:

I see your face in my mind as I drive away,
Cause none of us thought it was gonna end that way.
People are people,
And sometimes we change our minds.
But its killing me to see you go after all this time.

Mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm

Music starts playin like the end of a sad movie,
Its the kinda ending you dont really wanna see.
Cause its tragedy and itll only bring you down,
Now I dont know what to be without you around.

Never easy.
And I cant,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to.

Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt.
Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve.
But people are people,
And sometimes it doesnt work out,
Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out.

Never easy.
Never a clean break, no one here to save me.
And I cant,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to.

Its two a.m.
Feelin' like I just lost a friend.
Hope you know its not easy,
Easy for me.
Its two a.m.
Feelin like I just lost a friend.
Hope you know this aint easy,
Easy for me.

Never easy.

Ohhh

I cant,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to.

Sorry (oh) Sorry (mmm)
Sorry

I think the part "Never a clean break, no one here to save me" is perfect :)
I THINK THE SONG "MY IMMORTAL" WOULD FIT AFTER EDWARD LEAVES BELLA. EVERY TIME I HEAR IT SENDS CHILLS ALL OVER MY BODY AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY.
"My Immortal"

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus]

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

[Chorus]
Breathe Into Me by: RED
Where it fits? when she is about to jump off the cliff.

some of the song ;;

And this is how it feels when I ignore the words you spoke to me
And this is where I lose myself when I keep running away from you
And this is who I am when, when I don't know myself anymore
And this is what I choose when it's all left up to me

Breathe your life into me
I can feel you
I'm falling, falling faster
Breathe your life into me
I still need you
I'm falling, falling
Breathe into me
Breathe into me

And this is how it looks when I am standing on the edge
And this is how I break apart when I finally hit the ground
And this is how it hurts when I pretend I don't feel any pain
And this is how I disappear when I throw myself away
The Boy With a Thorn In His Side By the Smiths

The boy with the thorn in his side
Behind the hatred there lies
A murderous desire for love
\
How can they look into my eyes
And still they don't believe me ?
How can they hear me say those words
Still they don't believe me ?
And if they don't believe me now
Will they ever believe me ?
And if they don't believe me now
Will they ever, they ever, believe me ?

Oh ...

The boy with the thorn in his side
Behind the hatred there lies
A plundering desire for love
How can they see the Love in our eyes
And still they don't believe us ?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us
And if they don't believe us now
Will they ever believe us ?
And when you want to Liv
eHow do you start ?
Where do you go ?
Who do you need to know ?
Oh ...Oh no ...
Oh ...La ...
I don´t have suggestions, not really ...
I just hope, that there arent going to be any Kelly Clarksons songs in the movie ...
I have nothing against her, but I dont think she fits in ... I mean, her voice.

hope they find good songs.
When I think about songs for a movie sound track it's all about the total package of the song. The lyrics may be great, but the music not fitting to the movie or characters or vice versa. If portions of the music fits, then you can use only the music which they did wih Collective Soul's "Tremble for My Beloved" in Twilight. Great song, but the tempo after the opening along with the few lyrics it has would have altered the mood of the scene. So here are my picks.

Closer-Kings of Leon: Mostly everyone who knows all about Twilight has suggested this song and it is my number one pick. Everything is so right about it. I would probably pick this for end of New Moon, like the credits or something because I'm not sure, with Edward being absent most of the film, where you would put this. At the end, when he does come back I don't think this is the type of song that would be in a scene. But it definitely has that Edward/Bella angst thing going on. And it is a song about a lovesick vampire. The music is excellent for Twilight Saga in general. Catherine Hardwicke, et al. created a really great base for the following soundtracks which I believe are very Bella and Edward. Classical/Folk/Rock with some well-known names along with some obscure names as well.

Transylvanian Concubine-Rasputina: First heard the song on Buffy and then fell in love with absolutey everything they've ever done. And this song would play during one of the Volturi scenes. It is that good. As a matter of fact almost anything from Rasputina would fit the Twilight Saga because they have a New Age/Classical/Electronica vibe to them and that suits both Bella and Edward. Anyway some of the lines are "If you want to know how to fly high then go now to the place where all the concubines/Meet and converse with them, marvel at their pale skin" It just reminds me of poor Gianna who is convinced that Aro and the gang will let her join their coven.

Almost Lover-A Fine Frenzy: Great lyrics, great music. The song would fit Bella's "dead" period to a tee. "I cannot go to the ocean/I cannot drive the streets at night/I cannot wake up in the morning/Without you on my mind/So you're gone and I'm haunted/And I bet you are just fine/Did I make it that easy/To walk right in and out of my life?" And believe me, the rest of the song is just as perfect. Love it.

Frightened (Acoustic Version)-Toby Lightman- If they do a bedroom scene at the beginning the way they are supposed to, then this song I imagine playing softly in the background after Bella and Edward come back from the party. Toby Lightman is genius in my eyes. "Viewing nights under the surface/Knowing I've found/Can't run away from/Can't make it undone/While reaching out for anything/Screaming without a sound/How did I find you/How was I supposed to try
[Chorus:] I'm frightened by the love that's in you/But it's alright/Oh and I'm frightened by the love that's in me/But I know, it's alright.." Trust me when I say that both the acoustic and regular versions are both extremely beautiful but the simplicty of the guitar match to the deep emotions of Toby's lyrics and voice make the acoustic version so right for that scene.

Fear (Album Version)-Sarah McLachlan: It's self explanatory. These lyrics work and the music works and you can use the music if necessary, but I wouldn't want that to be the case. "But I fear/I have nothing to give/And I have so much to lose here in this lonely place/tangled up in our embrace/there's nothing I'd like better than to fall/. That's the chorus and this could work well for Bella in how she feel about Jacob during her almost "transition" period. Sarah is another one who has a bunch of songs that would fit in any part of the series' soundtrack.

I have tons more because I a music fan hard core, but I written enough LOL. Hope you like my suggestions.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...