So, I finally received my New Moon soundtrack. I pre-ordered it from iTunes & it actually came out
this morning in Canada. I downloaded it onto my ipod & listened to it on my way to work & I must
say that I was not impressed. I know that New Moon is a depressing book & they go through a lot of changes in thier characters...but I thought that the soundtrack was soooooo BLAND!!!
Don't get me wrong, there are some good songs & I can see them working, but alot of them made me want to tear out my hair!!!!
Maybe I will feel different when I see it placed in the movie, but for now I give it a big thumbs down....
Let me know what you think.....

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As much as it pains me to say it I feel the same I just hope that people don't get the wrong idea and think that the album is going to reflect the movie and be a big thumbs down. Very annoyed paramore are not on the album very happy muse and the killers are but most was not impressed but hopefully when they are pit into significant scenes in the film they will shine through because the lyrics on all the songs are beautiful:) especially sateillte heart and possibilty :) let's just pray when the movie comes out the artists will be vindicated I hope so anyway:)
I hear you...Sucks that Paramore was not there...But it bites even more that Robert did not find the time to
contribute this time around....I just hope they do a better job with the Eclipse soundtrack....
I really like Stephanie's picks though...they should have used some of her inspirational songs :-))

Mrs Cullen said:
As much as it pains me to say it I feel the same I just hope that people don't get the wrong idea and think that the album is going to reflect the movie and be a big thumbs down. Very annoyed paramore are not on the album very happy muse and the killers are but most was not impressed but hopefully when they are pit into significant scenes in the film they will shine through because the lyrics on all the songs are beautiful:) especially sateillte heart and possibilty :) let's just pray when the movie comes out the artists will be vindicated I hope so anyway:)
I just finished listening myself.....sorry to say I was 'underwhelmed' I hate to say that mostly because I think all the artists featured on the soundtrack are very talented and promising. However, where the hell is Paramore and the other powerful and 'epic' like songs on this album? Muse was Ok but they didn't really bring it. Honestly, as a whole, the album was kind of a giant snore......
it does hurt to say it but i feel the same way , am not really happy about paramore not being in the soundtrack.
Yeah I also I no this might be abut rash but I don't think paramore or rob wanted to be on this sountrack becuz paramore dontvwant to be sore as the " vampire band" and rob has been really busy with his other films I don't think he would have found the time but from a fan from the uk would of been nice to have more wellnone English bands on there :) no matter what if your a huge fan of twilight u will buy it it's just has to be done even though I heard it was bad I wanted to buy it becuz I new I would like it in the longbrun once it has been transformed into scenes. Let's just pray one day rob will do a score for one of the films I would wee with excitement for that to come out!!!!

robbiesgirl said:
I hear you...Sucks that Paramore was not there...But it bites even more that Robert did not find the time to contribute this time around....I just hope they do a better job with the Eclipse soundtrack.... I really like Stephanie's picks though...they should have used some of her inspirational songs :-))

Mrs Cullen said:
i absolutly loved all the songs on the twilight soundtrack so the new moon soundtrack was a BIG let down:( I like some of the songs but most just didnt take any interest to me at alll:(
Not really had time to listen to it yet, it's in the car so i'm working on it!
i completely agree with u !! some songs are good for the book and the mood of it but some , in my opinion doesnt fit!! i hope that the director know what he is doing !!
The first song is good (Equinox), not great, and the last (instrumental - The Meadow) is very good. Everything in between is just filler IMO. Very disappointed in the selections. Twilight soundtrack will for the most part blow you away, New Moon's will mostly put you to sleep. Better off buying Brand New Eyes, and getting you money's worth with some terffic tunes. JMHO.
Rock on !!

robert sutton said:
The first song is good (Equinox), not great, and the last (instrumental - The Meadow) is very good. Everything in between is just filler IMO. Very disappointed in the selections. Twilight soundtrack will for the most part blow you away, New Moon's will mostly put you to sleep. Better off buying Brand New Eyes, and getting you money's worth with some terffic tunes. JMHO.
I so kinda agree that this isn't the best album but it fits the movie perfectly. I think it's beautiful & haunting, just as the movie & book call for. This kinda music definitely will not be OK for Eclipse though. lol
I agree to a point. Now I fell in love with the Twilight Soundtrack after I watched the movie. I'm not going to judge the New Moon Soundtrack until I see the movie. It might make more sense. It won't replace my favs of Twilight but some are kinda growing on me... At least the music part of the songs.... Fingers crossed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...