Ok....so i know we've all read the Twilight series but.....What else do you guys like to read?

Hey.... Well i love the whole Twilight series alot but come on theres other great books out there too!!! Any suggestions on other ones? I've read the Percy Jackson and the olympians by Rick Riordan which is a great series. Inkheart by cornelia funke the whole series is pretty good. You Don't Know Me By David Klass is good too. Maximum Ride:The Angel Experiment By James Patterson is really good I'm reading it right now:Maximum, the Gasman, Nudge, Iggy, and Fang--genetically-engineered children who are part human, part bird--must rescue their sister Angel when she is kidnapped by Erasers, brutal wolf-like creatures, leading them to New York City where their lives are forever changed.Cutline By Bonnie Hearn Hill is really good too, so is Off The Record By Bonnie Hearn Hill. Others too but can't think of them right now lol......so Let me hear your suggestions or comments.

Views: 579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like to read...and i read a lot...i don't have only one favourite type of books..i read the twilight series 3 times and i would read them again anytime without beeing bored..such great books..i read the vampire chronicals of anne rice too..and i like them very much...ane rice's vampires are so different of stephenie meyer's vampires...umm..but i don't read only s.f...i like very much classics writers...umm..i like "the stranger" by albert camus too and "madame bovary" by gustave flaubert.now i'm reading "east of eden" by john steinbeck..i'm almost finishing it and i want to start reading "Pride and Prejudice" by jane austen...
hmmm thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Right now I'm reading Cirque Du Freak series and Maximum Ride series. Maximum Ride is amazing I love it and after the first book I had to o buy the rest of the series......and I'm not one of those people that buy books a lot I have to really like it in order to even consider buying it

so if any of you are looking for a god series to read i really recommend the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson!!!!!
i love twilight but the other books ive read was vampire diaries series by : L. J smith
I had been reading vampire romances for some time when I came across "Twilight", in 2006. It caught my attention immediately. I ordered it on Amazon, and DEVOURED it in a couple of days! Ah, Edward.....

Where was I? Oh, yeah......what other books I like to read......well, I have read quite a few books by Amanda Ashley. I really like her vampires, especially those in "Embrace The Night", and "A Darker Dream". Then there's Christine Feehan. She's an excellent writer, but a bit heavy-handed on the sex scenes for my taste.

Now that I've read all four books of Steph's saga, other vampires just don't compare, however.

As for other books I've liked, there's "Sunshine and Shadow", by the husband and wife team of Sharon and Tom Curtis. This novel was published in the '80s, and I bought it used (but in great shape) from Amazon. It's a beautiful, beautiful story about an Amish girl who falls in love with a Hollywood movie director. Then there's "Night Magic", by Charlotte Vale Allen. It's a modern retelling of the Phantom of the Opera story. Very sweet and tender........Another book I like is "Phantom", by Susan Kay. It's billed as a 'biography' of the enigmatic, mysterious Erik, the Phantom of the Opera.

I also love "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "The Hobbit", " The Chronicles of Narnia", the Harry Potter series, all the Sherlock Holmes novels, "Jane Eyre", and several books by a German writer named Hermann Hesse. He was most famous around the 1940's, but his books are awesome. I especially like "The Glass Bead Bame", and "Narcissus and Goldmund".

Then there's Cordwainer Smith. This was the pen name of Paul Linebarger, an American science fiction writer. His concept of "the underpeople", who were a combination of animal and human, is unique in SF.

I also love Star Trek novels, written by several writers. I only read the ones about the original serirs, though. I just can't get enthused about Next Gen, or any of the other TV series.

Last but most definitely NOT least, there's Charles de Lint, a Canadian fantasy writer. I especially like his short stories and novels about the fictional city of Newford.
Oh, i read a lot of books. Vampire books also, but they are different. I love the books by Katie MacAlistor. And historical Vampire books about Vlad Dracul.
I also read books by Stephen King, Dan Brown and (of course) The Harry Potter books.
Ohhhh wow you have listed a lot of interesting books after i finish my new fav. series Maximum Ride and then i have about 20 or so books i have at home to read but i really want to check out some of the ones you've mentioned, thanks =D!

Twilightdreamlover said:
I had been reading vampire romances for some time when I came across "Twilight", in 2006. It caught my attention immediately. I ordered it on Amazon, and DEVOURED it in a couple of days! Ah, Edward.....

Where was I? Oh, yeah......what other books I like to read......well, I have read quite a few books by Amanda Ashley. I really like her vampires, especially those in "Embrace The Night", and "A Darker Dream". Then there's Christine Feehan. She's an excellent writer, but a bit heavy-handed on the sex scenes for my taste.

Now that I've read all four books of Steph's saga, other vampires just don't compare, however.

As for other books I've liked, there's "Sunshine and Shadow", by the husband and wife team of Sharon and Tom Curtis. This novel was published in the '80s, and I bought it used (but in great shape) from Amazon. It's a beautiful, beautiful story about an Amish girl who falls in love with a Hollywood movie director. Then there's "Night Magic", by Charlotte Vale Allen. It's a modern retelling of the Phantom of the Opera story. Very sweet and tender........Another book I like is "Phantom", by Susan Kay. It's billed as a 'biography' of the enigmatic, mysterious Erik, the Phantom of the Opera.

I also love "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "The Hobbit", " The Chronicles of Narnia", the Harry Potter series, all the Sherlock Holmes novels, "Jane Eyre", and several books by a German writer named Hermann Hesse. He was most famous around the 1940's, but his books are awesome. I especially like "The Glass Bead Bame", and "Narcissus and Goldmund".

Then there's Cordwainer Smith. This was the pen name of Paul Linebarger, an American science fiction writer. His concept of "the underpeople", who were a combination of animal and human, is unique in SF.

I also love Star Trek novels, written by several writers. I only read the ones about the original serirs, though. I just can't get enthused about Next Gen, or any of the other TV series.

Last but most definitely NOT least, there's Charles de Lint, a Canadian fantasy writer. I especially like his short stories and novels about the fictional city of Newford.
i love this book called the hunger games it about a violent and very diffrent north america in the future
I just finished reading Hunger Games and an Advanced Readers Copy of Catching Fire and I highly recommend them both. I couldn't put the books down, I happily gave up sleep to finish Catching Fire, which I read in one day. These were the first books I have come across that have totally consumed me like the Twilight series. There's everything in these books you could want, action, suspense, romance, angst, family issues, responsibility. I can't wait for book 3.
If you're looking for a good vampire series read The House of Night series by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast. It's really good. there's 5 so far in the series.
Ohhhh awesome thanks everyone!!!
umm i read the tiwilight series like over an over lol
but i recently started reading "Pride&Prejudice and Zombies" its funny,the classic Austen novel with twist.. and i recently bought "Go Ask Alice" havent read it yet, but it looks pretty good.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...