Ok....so i know we've all read the Twilight series but.....What else do you guys like to read?

Hey.... Well i love the whole Twilight series alot but come on theres other great books out there too!!! Any suggestions on other ones? I've read the Percy Jackson and the olympians by Rick Riordan which is a great series. Inkheart by cornelia funke the whole series is pretty good. You Don't Know Me By David Klass is good too. Maximum Ride:The Angel Experiment By James Patterson is really good I'm reading it right now:Maximum, the Gasman, Nudge, Iggy, and Fang--genetically-engineered children who are part human, part bird--must rescue their sister Angel when she is kidnapped by Erasers, brutal wolf-like creatures, leading them to New York City where their lives are forever changed.Cutline By Bonnie Hearn Hill is really good too, so is Off The Record By Bonnie Hearn Hill. Others too but can't think of them right now lol......so Let me hear your suggestions or comments.

Views: 590

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its a series called house of night by pc cast and kirsten cast thats good and the darkest powers series by amy armsrong and then thers this other series called the wicked series by someone but i forgot and all of these books are very good
The Outlander series is fabulous - by Diana Gabaldon. This series has it ALL (like Twilight) but doesn't leave as much to the imagination. Definitely a read more suited for twimoms than teens.
My favorite sci-fi/fantasy books of all time are by C.J. Cherryh. "The Gates of Ivrel" are, by far, my favorite, but her "Foreigner" series is also incredible, as are all of her other books.

Outside of the SciFi/fantasy genre, my favorite author is Cormac McCarthy. His book "The Road" will absolutely lay you ou flat. It's not a "happy" book at all, but if I could assign one book for every person on the planet to read, it would be "The Road."

Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series is also a very good fantasy series. The books are quite long and involved, and I have to read the whole series everytime a new book comes out just so I'll remember who's on first. But they are goood, and the characters would appeal to teens and up.
Or how about the story behind the bad blood between the Romanian coven and the Volturis? The Amazon tribe is another group I'd love to read about. SM could even go back into the Quileute history and write a full book on how it was, how the people felt about it, when the shape-shifters first appeared.

I'd also absolutely love to read Jasper's backstory--Cormac McCarthy has written a few books on the incredible violence in the borderlands, and his Blood Meridian--not for the faint-hearted, I'm warning you--could easily be the backdrop for how Jasper evolved after being turned.

And Esme--truly one of the most lightly-passed-over core characters. Her ability to create homes for those she loves is her gift, and I'd love to read more about that.

jessica said:
i love anne Rice ,,,,but thinking about it for a minute i can understand that Stephanie does not want to write anymore books on the series.. However she did leave breaking dawn way open and maybe when the cult books quiet down a few years down the road and her royalty checks are all but long spent maybe she will finish her series.. I could care less about the midnight sun book..enough about Edward and Bella already.... Jacob and Resemee deserve a good book on them...the volutri will always be close by and a half wolf half vampire kid hhmmmm...sounds like a book i'd like to read so STEPHANIE FINISH THE SERIES!!!!!!
Have you tried C.J. Cherryh? I love her work--my favorite author--and Lackey's books that I've read remind me of Cherryh's work. The "Gates of Ivrel" are very similar in tone (completely different story, though). Cherryh's women are ALL kick-ass.

Cecelia Tele said:
I'm a huge SCI-FI Fantasy fan. My first books I read were all Mercedes Lackey books. Now have read books by David Gemmell, Terry Brooks, Marion Zimmer Bradley, and the list goes on. I have recently been reading the books under the new brand of the LUNA series. It is a collection of SCI-FI Fantasy authors with new work. I particularly like the books by C.E. Murphy, Michelle Sagara, Catherine Asaro and Laura Anne Gillman. These new books really put the meaning into FEMALE EMPOWERMENT!!! But my favourier would have to be the Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Mariller. Can't wait to read many more!!!
Try The House Of Night Series They R Amazin !! Marked,, Betrayed,, Chosen,, Untamed & Hunted

Cassie_Rawkz said:
Sookie Stackhouse Series...Awesome!! True Blood is based off the books...there r 9 the 10th book c*** out in Oct. Ive read Vampire Kisses or is it Kissing Coffins? lol i 4got bt it seems like its aimed 4 a younger audience. wut else? idk i hav 2 many books at home
I am reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. They have all been really good.
blue bloods..and house of nights..and the mediator
It's not a vampire book. It's called 13 reasons why by jay asher it's really good.
HI I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I HAVE READ THE TWILIGHT SERIES A HUNDRED TIMES BUT EVENTUALLY HAD TO READ SOMTHING ELSE I SUGGEST THAT YOU READ VAMPIRE ACADOMY BY RACHEL MEAD ITS SO COOL AND WHEN YOU FINISH THAT SERIES READ A SERIES BY CASSANDRA CLARE THE FIRST BOOK IS CALLED CITY OF BONES I KNOW IT SOUNDS EMO (I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST EMO'S EITHER BY THE WAY) BUT ITS ACTUALLY REALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH AND A BOOK CALLED STRANGE ANGELS IS COOL TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SECOND ONE IS COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER. SORRY I'V GIVEN YOU A LOT OF BOOKS BUT PLEASE READ THEM BECAUSE THERE JUST SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way i like your picture!
Well after reading the Twilight series repeatedly I needed to find something else to read. I started reading the book that the True Blood HBO show was based from. Just a warning the books have a lot of differences than the tv show since tv series have to build up a cast of characters. I have also picked up a series I read when I was younger that I know is coming out on tv this fall called the Vampire Diaries by L.Smith these are very good books. She also has a series about witches too if you are into that. I am checking into some more and will let you know how they turn out...
well i am a total bookworm so...
Nightworld
Immortals
Lauren Holbrook series
Anything by Sarah Dessen
Harry Potter
anything really!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...