OK, I  just found out about the filming that's to take place in baton rouge la.  We all need to dig and dig hard to find out all we can.  I'm so excited I can't wait I will be going.  OK, so I'm going now to stsrt digging.  TWILIGHTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE AND LET'S FIND THIS INFO.

Views: 126

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I am older than you but lets not go there LOLOLOL! I'll sure pass along any information I get from BR and I'll be watching here for info from others as well.

kirsten Stiles said:
Wow... I'm getting more excited as this is happening. I am 38 so you couldn't be older than me:) Ask your friend about some great places to eat. I have a friend doing to hotel part, but wouldn't it be nice to stay where you guys will be? I also have a couple of road trip ideas if you care.

Lisa P said:
Hopefully if we can all pool our little tidbits together we can figure something out. We are an older twifan group but love it all the same. This is a real outside of the box adventure but can't wait. I've even googled the nearest hotels to this Celtic Media Centre - there is a Ramada about 4 minute away and a Holiday Inn I think. I have a friend who lives in Baton Rouge - not a twifan necessarily but I have her listening for any information locally to pass on.

kirsten Stiles said:

Scarlet Isabella said:
oh wow
Great feedback twi friends.... I am near Atlanta and it's nine hours for us. I too will be there the second weekend in November. I love the idea about the google to Celtic address.. That was some "out of my box info". I am a mom of four little boys and am looking forward to a little escape!
Hi kirsten! I'll be 38 in December, so I'm right there with ya gal. I live about an hour away from the set, so I'm not incredibly familiar with the area (I know more of nola unfortunately), but from what I've seen from driving around there a few times the past month or two... there are tons of hotels and restaurants in the area. It's just a matter of getting the logistics all worked out among everyone attending. I can pretty much go out there whenever (i've kept my weekends free). I work a Mon. thru Fri. 9-5 office job, so I could head out there just about every weeknight as well. (and maybe take a day off work here and there if need be). anywhooz... hope to get to meet ya! :)

kirsten Stiles said:
Wow... I'm getting more excited as this is happening. I am 38 so you couldn't be older than me:) Ask your friend about some great places to eat. I have a friend doing to hotel part, but wouldn't it be nice to stay where you guys will be? I also have a couple of road trip ideas if you care.

Lisa P said:
Hopefully if we can all pool our little tidbits together we can figure something out. We are an older twifan group but love it all the same. This is a real outside of the box adventure but can't wait. I've even googled the nearest hotels to this Celtic Media Centre - there is a Ramada about 4 minute away and a Holiday Inn I think. I have a friend who lives in Baton Rouge - not a twifan necessarily but I have her listening for any information locally to pass on.

kirsten Stiles said:

Scarlet Isabella said:
oh wow
Great feedback twi friends.... I am near Atlanta and it's nine hours for us. I too will be there the second weekend in November. I love the idea about the google to Celtic address.. That was some "out of my box info". I am a mom of four little boys and am looking forward to a little escape!
Well we are listening to the audio-book Breaking Dawn in the very decorated car. The Birthday girl is opening up one gift per 100 miles. The snack girls are bringing different vampire yummies to share, we are decorating pj's for the b-day girl, enjoying wolf pee (not the driver) as the beverage of choice. Sleeping will not be permitted...lots of ideas if someone should unfotunately drift off.Poor girl:) Planning on enjoying some great food, and driving back around 12 on Sunday. What did I forget? Still thinking it thru...I am kinda a last minute girl.

Scarlet Isabella said:
do share
Okay, that sounds like one helluva Twitastic fun road trip!!!! I hope ya'll trip turns out to be everything you're dreaming it to be!!!! We're all gonna have a blast! Even if we don't even get a glimpse (god forbid!) of any of the actors, I know gettin' to hang out w/ all of you will be worth the time spent out there! =)

kirsten Stiles said:
Well we are listening to the audio-book Breaking Dawn in the very decorated car. The Birthday girl is opening up one gift per 100 miles. The snack girls are bringing different vampire yummies to share, we are decorating pj's for the b-day girl, enjoying wolf pee (not the driver) as the beverage of choice. Sleeping will not be permitted...lots of ideas if someone should unfotunately drift off.Poor girl:) Planning on enjoying some great food, and driving back around 12 on Sunday. What did I forget? Still thinking it thru...I am kinda a last minute girl.

Scarlet Isabella said:
do share
That sounds like an awesome road trip. A bit better than my 16 1/2 hour drive will be. Love the notion of listening to the audio books. I just won mine on e-bay so I think I will steal that idea from ya.
No stealing required. There are a couple of online road planners for games, breaks, and hotels. How many people are coming along? Have a great time and enjoy the drive.

Lisa said:
That sounds like an awesome road trip. A bit better than my 16 1/2 hour drive will be. Love the notion of listening to the audio books. I just won mine on e-bay so I think I will steal that idea from ya.
Okay, Just wanted to pass this on to you all. I live NEXT door to celtic media.. and by next door I mean I can see everything crystal clear, the sound stages.. I can walk 10 feet across the street and the sound stages are there. When they are filming movies and they have police barricades on the streets I have a special pass to get through. That being said, there will be NOTHING to be seen. It isn't a "normal" hollywood movie set where you can go see things. It is comprised HUGE sound stage buildings gated off by fences. Literally I can see through to everything and you still can't see anything, because they will most likely be filming INSIDE on the sound stages. Aaron Eckhart did film Battle of Los Angeles here and they erected and outside set. Even with the outside set you could not see the filming. 1. The way it is set up you can't see the actors and 2. they POLICE barricade everything (not by the set.. like the roads getting even close to the set).. meaning you can't get by to see anything. Celtic is set up in a residential area it isn't an open area soundstage like a lot of previous twilight filming locations have been. Honestly, if you're hoping to just go down to Baton Rouge and park it outside of the set, it isn't going to happen. Most likely you will not be allowed to do it (police barricades.. residential areas..) , and if you do you won't see anything. If you don't believe me google the street view if it will let you.

That being said.. I have seen a lot of actors in the community and actually almost got into a car accident with Aaron Eckhart.. your best bet would be to find bars restaurants etc in the community which the actors frequent. B/C it will be VERY unlikely that anyone will see anything. Otherwise become friends with people who work there.. they can give you passes INTO the centre.. otherwise.. seriously save your money.
I live next door.. meaning they are 20 feet from me. There are two entrances, on two different roads. However, they POLICE barricade the roads to a big main road (bluebonnet and airline) for the movies and only authorized personnel and people who LIVE on that road have passes to get through. If I'm capable of uploading photos I will. Btw, have fun in BR.

Lisa P said:
I looked up the address on Google maps for the Celtic Media Center where I've heard they are doing the filming. It looks like a long 2 lane road that goes up to the gates. Unless there is another entrance, they would have to drive back and forth on that road. Only a couple of businesses on that road - a marine dealer for boats, a credit union, not much else. Google 10000 Celtic Drive, Baton Rouge, LA and look at the actual drive photo to get a feel of that road. Don't know if this helps but just in case!
That is some seriously good info. Man are you lucky. You are going to be in the thick of all the filming living so close. Have you seen anything much yet? I heard the start date was pushed back to the 8th now. Thanks!

Whitney Sheppard said:
I live next door.. meaning they are 20 feet from me. There are two entrances, on two different roads. However, they POLICE barricade the roads to a big main road (bluebonnet and airline) for the movies and only authorized personnel and people who LIVE on that road have passes to get through. If I'm capable of uploading photos I will. Btw, have fun in BR.

Lisa P said:
I looked up the address on Google maps for the Celtic Media Center where I've heard they are doing the filming. It looks like a long 2 lane road that goes up to the gates. Unless there is another entrance, they would have to drive back and forth on that road. Only a couple of businesses on that road - a marine dealer for boats, a credit union, not much else. Google 10000 Celtic Drive, Baton Rouge, LA and look at the actual drive photo to get a feel of that road. Don't know if this helps but just in case!
I think we were planing on hitting the bars and stuff anywho, I just want to see our beautiful rob *sigh*
Wow. Thanks for all the help. Maybe we will just have fun in the great city of Baton Rouge and let it be a fun girls weekend with the chance of a sighting! If things get better as the date approaches email us all. Thanks again!

Whitney Sheppard said:
Okay, Just wanted to pass this on to you all. I live NEXT door to celtic media.. and by next door I mean I can see everything crystal clear, the sound stages.. I can walk 10 feet across the street and the sound stages are there. When they are filming movies and they have police barricades on the streets I have a special pass to get through. That being said, there will be NOTHING to be seen. It isn't a "normal" hollywood movie set where you can go see things. It is comprised HUGE sound stage buildings gated off by fences. Literally I can see through to everything and you still can't see anything, because they will most likely be filming INSIDE on the sound stages. Aaron Eckhart did film Battle of Los Angeles here and they erected and outside set. Even with the outside set you could not see the filming. 1. The way it is set up you can't see the actors and 2. they POLICE barricade everything (not by the set.. like the roads getting even close to the set).. meaning you can't get by to see anything. Celtic is set up in a residential area it isn't an open area soundstage like a lot of previous twilight filming locations have been. Honestly, if you're hoping to just go down to Baton Rouge and park it outside of the set, it isn't going to happen. Most likely you will not be allowed to do it (police barricades.. residential areas..) , and if you do you won't see anything. If you don't believe me google the street view if it will let you.

That being said.. I have seen a lot of actors in the community and actually almost got into a car accident with Aaron Eckhart.. your best bet would be to find bars restaurants etc in the community which the actors frequent. B/C it will be VERY unlikely that anyone will see anything. Otherwise become friends with people who work there.. they can give you passes INTO the centre.. otherwise.. seriously save your money.
Thanks very much for this information - it really helps.

Whitney Sheppard said:

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...