Hey guys. I have been on this mission to watch every Rob Pattinson movie out there. I discovered him through the Twilight Series, but after watching Remember Me, I realized he is truly an actor, and a good one rather than just a heart throb. I decided I needed to watch everything he has ever done :) So far I have watched Harry Potter, Little Ashes, The Bad Mothers Handbook and How to Be. I will be watching Haunted Airman this weekend and I am hoping The Summer House by next week. You can get all of those on Netflix by the way. I am not sure how I am going to watch the Ring of the Nibelungs without just buying it, which I will if I need to :) Also, does anyone know if you can see his Vanity Fair scenes anywhere? I know that he was cut from the movie, so they didn't appear in the main film. But, I thought I heard that he may be in the DVD extras. Is that true?

So, my assessment of his other movies that I have watched so far is as follows:

Remember Me - Thus far, I would have to say Remember Me is my favorite Rob movie past Twilight. He does SO well in this movie. He really makes you care about him and put his usual heart and soul into this role. And by the way, if you haven't, watch this movie with commentary. Rob is on the commentary and I found how much he seemed to get along with Ruby Jerins (the little girl who plays his sister) endearing. He seemed to really look up to her for her ability to be calm and just work. I feel like they bonded during the movie. So cute!

Harry Potter - Obviously most of us if not all have probably seen this and we all know he did an excellent job. I am sad to say that the first time I watched this movie in the theater (being a Harry Potter fan from the very beginning), I hardly noticed Rob. I mean, I thought he was a good looking guy, but the movie is about Harry...he was who I payed attention to. I since then have bought the movie and have watched it with new eyes and really enjoyed Rob's performance. 

Little Ashes - I dare to say that past Twilight and Remember Me this is my favorite of his movies. I will be honest, I was a little worried about watching a movie where he has a gay relationship. I have no issues with gay relationships at all, don't get me wrong. But, just seeing Rob in that role, I just didn't know how I would feel. But, the movie is so good! And it just goes to prove that Robert isn't just a heart throb. He seriously wants to act. He wants to stretch himself and take roles that are challenging for him. I truly admire him for that. 

The Bad Mothers Handbook - This movie was really cute. I enjoyed it quite a bit and Robert does an awesome job as usual. They try and make him seem like a nerd, with the coke bottle glasses he wears and his funny hair. But, we all know that he is a hunk and a half underneath all that :) And honestly this plays up one of my favorite Rob qualities, the bit of geek that is in him. We all know he is a little awkward and nerdy at times and I personally LOVE it! This role just really expands on that :) 

How to Be - I'll be honest. This is my least favorite of the movies I have watched so far. It's definitely a very weird Indie film and I didn't really get the point of the movie. I thought I did, reading the description. But, it didn't live up to what I felt it would be. HOWEVER, shocking I know...but, Robert does a superb job in the roll. Lots and lots of Rob in this one ladies. Pretty much every scene since it centers around him. He is awkward in this one too so I did enjoy that part. I bought this one and am happy I did, but only cuz of him :)

Has anyone seen the others? Wanna give your assessments? Which is your favorite of his?

Tags: Airman, Ashes, Bad, Be, Fair, Handbook, Harry, Haunted, House, How, More…Little, Me, Mothers, Nibelungs, Pattinson, Potter, Remember, Ring, Rob, Robert, Summer, The, To, Vanity, movies, of

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I watched The Bad Mothers Handbook the other night and thought it had a good story behind it. I wasn't expecting that so it was a nice surprise. I liked the fact that Daniel made me forget about Edward Cullen for the 69 minutes of the film. You really have to be able to act well to make that happen!! lol

Remember Me...LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. Great story and I enjoyed watching EVERY actor in this one. Again, Tyler made me forget about Edward. The brother/sister relationship is just so sweet.

Summer House...It's a short story that sadly doesn't have enough of Rob in it lol. His screen time is maybe 3-4 minutes? I wish it had more character detail with some more of the story but then again it wouldn't have been a short film with those adjustments! lol

Have not seen anything else but plan on it.

I really hope he continues to get character roles/stories that can show his different abilities with the art that is acting.
This man has much more to offer the big screen and I think we have only just begun to see it surface.
Malina, I too have been watching all of his movies...I am still working on it. Overall I loved Little Ashes the best so far....I am quite shocked really! Not my type of movie at all. But I really loved him in this role. Remember Me just didnt do it for me. I havent watched any of the HP's, not sure if I will. I think he will get better and better...like a fine wine!
Thank you for the Vanity Fair link! He was so beautiful in it. I'm sad they took it out. What a touching scene. I refuse to watch the rest of the movie because they cut him! LOL

HisEternalSoulmate said:
I've seen Remember Me, HP, Little Ashes and The Haunted Airman.
He is amazing in all of them! My favorite from the 4 movies is Remember Me. It's one of my fav movies ever and Rob is... I don't have words to describe how amazing!! And I do LOVE him in HP, of course!! When I first watched the movie, I didn't really pay a lot of atention to him, cause well it was everything about Harry winning and stuff, right? But I watched it again recently and yes, Rob is so good there too!! Little Ashes is just wow... It's so different from everything he has ever done! And it's AMAZING!! I've always loved Dali's paintings, so it was so great to watch a movie about his life! And with Rob there it's a plus :) The Haunted Airman is a very sad movie and it maybe look wierd. The story is not that interesting, I think. But Rob... oh God! He does a hell of a job in that movie!! SO GREAT!!
He is definitely a GREAT actor. And I really want to see more of his movies. I can't wait for Water for Elephants and Bel Ami!!!!

Oh and Rob in Vanity Fair here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdHClq_xI6s :)
FYI, I found The Summer House on Itunes for $1.99. It's only about 13 minutes long and only about 3 minutes of that is Rob's scenes. He is quite good in it, of course...not exactly shocking. But, the story itself...well I didn't find it that great. It was ridiculously short and I didn't see the point of it really. So, to me the point is Robert. He doesn't play a nice guy lol. But, he is fracken hot! LOL
I got mine off Itunes as well. I was disappointed too that his screen time is only about 3 mintues!
But oh how I love the part when she says to him, "You're ruining this dress" and his response is, "Well, why don't you take it off then".
Even his voice is sexy!

Malina Hansen said:
FYI, I found The Summer House on Itunes for $1.99. It's only about 13 minutes long and only about 3 minutes of that is Rob's scenes. He is quite good in it, of course...not exactly shocking. But, the story itself...well I didn't find it that great. It was ridiculously short and I didn't see the point of it really. So, to me the point is Robert. He doesn't play a nice guy lol. But, he is fracken hot! LOL
Oh I completely agree with you! SO sexy! I almost felt guilty for wishing he had removed her dress! LOL. He was definitely taking advantage of her and it wasn't nice. But, why would anyone choose to push him away? I would be butter in his arms! LOL. Oh my!
So, I bought How to Be on DVD and got it yesterday and I highly recommend that any serious Rob fans should buy it! It has so many extras on it, and most of it is Rob!!! Adorkable Rob too, my favorite kind :) There is:
1. Behind the Scenes - lots of Rob messing around and filming
2. Making of - more of Rob messing around and filming :) lol
3. Comcast Interview with Robert Pattinson - his hair is his normal hair in this interview which I loved. I mean, he plays Art beautifully, but his normal hair is so much nicer :) LOL
4. Audition footage of Robert Pattinson - I ADORED this part! It actually shows him auditioning for How to Be and it's superb!
5. Still Gallery - lots of stills of Rob...and pretty much only Rob lol

I haven't gotten around to watching the commentary yet so not sure if Rob is on that, but I hope he is!
Where did you buy it Malina if you don't mind sharing. I was at a Walmart the other day and they had NOTHING. Thinking I'll have to order it online. Thanks :)

Malina Hansen said:
So, I bought How to Be on DVD and got it yesterday and I highly recommend that any serious Rob fans should buy it! It has so many extras on it, and most of it is Rob!!! Adorkable Rob too, my favorite kind :) There is:
3. Comcast Interview with Robert Pattinson - his hair is his normal hair in this interview which I loved. I mean, he plays Art beautifully, but his normal hair is so much nicer :) LOL
4. Audition footage of Robert Pattinson - I ADORED this part! It actually shows him auditioning for How to Be and it's superb!

I haven't gotten around to watching the commentary yet so not sure if Rob is on that, but I hope he is!
lol I thought the same exact thing! In my vision...if he would have entered the room then I would have taken off my dress myself! Who cares about the dress??!!! lmbo So bad...:)

Malina Hansen said:
Oh I completely agree with you! SO sexy! I almost felt guilty for wishing he had removed her dress! LOL. He was definitely taking advantage of her and it wasn't nice. But, why would anyone choose to push him away? I would be butter in his arms! LOL. Oh my!
I got it on Ebay...for $6!!!! So worth it.

D said:
Where did you buy it Malina if you don't mind sharing. I was at a Walmart the other day and they had NOTHING. Thinking I'll have to order it online. Thanks :)
Malina Hansen said:

Sounds like we think alike lol

D said:
lol I thought the same exact thing! In my vision...if he would have entered the room then I would have taken off my dress myself! Who cares about the dress??!!! lmbo So bad...:)

Malina Hansen said:
Thank you! I will check it out :)

Malina Hansen said:
I got it on Ebay...for $6!!!! So worth it.

D said:
Malina Hansen said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...