Hi all-just wanted to share my experience and warn you for future.

I ordered the special edition form Target.com. on Nov 16th. Their site said it was only available on-line, otherwise, I would have gotten it at the store. Who wants to wait for it to deliver?

Last Sunday, when the latest Target circular came, I saw the same dvd set, but at a lower price, available in stores on release day! Target lied!

I called Target.com to cancel my order (no link to do it on line) and they told me I can't cancel it because it's in the 'shipping soon' status. They also couldn't do a price adjustment!

Today, my order should have shipped, but instead I got an email that said it will ship between the 9th and the 15th!!! Let's face it, I ordered three week ago-they knew they were sold out and didn't bother to tell me in advance because they thought they would lose my sale (and they would be right!).

So I called today to cancel my order, because certainly it's not in the 'shipping soon' status, and was told that it was still in that status and that I still couldn't cancel it. My only recourse is to refuse the order when it delivers and wait around for the refund.

I am so frustrated with Target.com. I guess I am just spoiled by good service and pricing from Amazon.com and other retailer sites that are more accommodating. But I am certain I won't take a risk by ordering from Target.com for anything ever again.

Tags: Target, dvd, eclipse

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in a similar situation like yourself. I preordered my dvd from Walmart.com, normally when you preorder it would get to you on the release date, beacse I have prevsouly ordered sims games, and other movies that shipped the same way. But I couldnt cancel my order and it was just shipped, which pissed me off, beacse if I wasnt going to get it when Im supposed to get it I would've just waited to go in store to buy. But they gave me some kind of 5.00 dollar credit for Vudu, some place to buy downloaded movies, or somthing. but im still pissed.
I ordered las month as well and got an email at 3am this morn saying it would be after Jan 11th, before it ships, my sis ordered NM from target last year and didn't say anything till I shared my problem, they did the same with NM as they are with Eclipse, I was however able to cancel it and went to the store this morning
I am soo sorry to hear these horror stories. Things like this happening is exactly why i am so skeptical about doing pre orders for movies. The only thing i ever pre ordered was a book and it was from amazon.com. I got it exactly when i was supposed to. Now i know for a fact to never pre order anything from these companies.....ill just go to the store and get it
I dont understand, I walked in to Walmart at midnight, paid for the movie, and got the 5 dollar credit for Vudu, my walmart had like 600 copys, sorry you had such a hard time

Sakinah said:
I am in a similar situation like yourself. I preordered my dvd from Walmart.com, normally when you preorder it would get to you on the release date, beacse I have prevsouly ordered sims games, and other movies that shipped the same way. But I couldnt cancel my order and it was just shipped, which pissed me off, beacse if I wasnt going to get it when Im supposed to get it I would've just waited to go in store to buy. But they gave me some kind of 5.00 dollar credit for Vudu, some place to buy downloaded movies, or somthing. but im still pissed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...