What were your thoughts? Did you like it? What parts didn't you like? (:

... And are you excited for New Moon?!

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was really upset that they left out Carlisle's history. I mean, they gave us flashbacks (which were cool) and kind of payed homage to the cross and painting when Bella was getting a tour of the house, but they just...left out the story. :( I really wanted to hear the exchange:

Bella: He SWAM to FRANCE?
Edward: Bella, people swim the English channel all the time...

I'm really attached to Carlisle. He's so sweet. But I do have to give Peter props. For as little lines as he had, he portrayed the character very well. You really did get that fatherly, caring vibe from him.

Of course, my favorite scene was none other than the baseball one. Seriously, that was SO epic.
Oh my god , I LOVED when Jasper did his bat swinging thing in the baseball scene , but I didn`t like that they didn`t really explain anything about him , especially his power ! But I guess it would be hard to show his emotion-change thingy on screen. =/
Haha. Yes! Jasper's whole bat thing was AMAZING!

I dunno... I think they could have shown it and explained it. Hopefully they'll do it later on. It's kind of important.
Overall I liked the movie. My favorite scene was the baseball scene!

Gripes: Leaving out the lab scene and extended time Bella spent with Jasper and Alice. I agree also about leaving out Carlisle's backstory entirely - and no mention of the Volturi - not sure how they are going to fill in the blanks in New Moon. Also, I know they were on a low budget, but really the sparkle and the running the woods looked silly. I would have rather him just run normal and then have them speed it up. It reminded me of the effects in ninja movies which is fine for ninja movies, but not a romance/vampire story.

Finally, I really think the meadow scene was too choppy and weird. I would have liked it more as it was in the book - the really dramatic reveal and "test".

Hmm, sounds like I didn't like it but really I did. It's easy to come up with things that could have been done better when you love a book as much as Twilight.
I liked the movie. I accepted long ago that movies are different from books.

My favorite part was definitely the baseball scene. That's probably why I've seen the movie so many times--just to watch that part again. I also really liked the scene in Bella's bedroom where Edward wants to try kissing her. Loved that. Also loved when the Cullens cooked for Bella. It wasn't in the book, but I thought it added a little something rather than took something away from the book.

My least fave parts were the meadow scene. It was so wrong. I hated Edward climbing all of the trees. I hated how he showed her that he sparkles. It was all wrong. I can see why they left out the Volturi. There was just a fleeting mention of them in Twilight anyway and they don't even come in until New Moon anyhow, so why explain them just to have to do it again when they come onto the screen. I get that.

I missed the part where Bella is in Edward's room and they're playing around making a racket and Alice and Jasper show up. Alice says something like, "I thought you were having Bella for lunch and we came to see if you would share." That would have been hilarious on film. Another part that was a shame they left out was Jasper telling Bella that she was worth all of what they were doing. That would have been a good one.

I'm psyched about New Moon. Really hope it goes smoothly and we get to see it this year.
I loved the movie soo much!
I know some people didnt like it but i really cannot find anything wrong with it!
FRom the second i walked into the Theater i knew it was going to be way different form the book and i acually liked it better then if they sticked Exactly to every word of the book
I thought all the characters were amazing and at first i didnt like Rob but after seeing the movie i think he is the best Edward Cullen ever!!!

Im SOOOOOO excited for New Moon!!!! OMG!!!!

Yea i kinda wish they gave more background t Carlisle too :(
The only part I liked in the movie is the baseball scene..that's it nothing more on my list.
I loved the movie...
Linving in Germany, I had all my hopes down to see it anywhere legal ( and I'm not into watching movies online) before January 15, (the German releasedate) but then I found a cinema only half an hour away from my hometown, which showed it in November (in original language).
So I was sooo excited to see it, but in the same time I knew that it was different from the book, so my expectations weren't too high.
But, as already said, I loved it, especially the Baseballscene and the Bella+Charlie-Moments...
The music was also great!
I am kind of sad, that they left out Carlisles background and with that, the Volturi...But maybe Carlisle and Bella will talk abouft that after the "accident" on her birthday...

I'm going to watch the movie for a third time soon, but, this time, with the german translation. I'm kind of scared though... Maybe the voices will sound totally wrong after having the original voices in ear...

For New Moon I am sooooo excited! I think I will allocate my cinematickets weeks before it will start...
I have seen the movie 9 times and it gets better everytime I see it. In my opinion there are things wrong and the movie itself has a lot of sloppy errors but I cannot deny that I absolutly loved the movie. I think all the actors did a pretty good job some better than others. And I do think that the relationship between Bella and Edward was rushed and I didn't get them same feelings from them like I did in the book. I also think that Bella was very different then she was in the book. In the book she was a lot more stubborn and would get angry but in the movie she was more timid. I don't think the movie allowed for Edward to really show enough of this cheery side as opposed to his serious side. And I also do not like Nikki Reed as Rosalie. But regardless of the problems I did absolutly love the movie.
I loved the movie. I have to say, it rocked. My favourite was was definatly the baseball scene (just like pretty much everyone else) and the fight scene near the end. I rememeber being told later that my friends (who were with me) couldn't get me to lokok away from the screen at all.
The only things I didn't like, was some of the cuts, like Alice saying; "We thought you were having Bella for lunch and we came to see if you would share" , etc. Also, Edward's 'sparkling' looked like he was sweating; I mean, it was sort of ok, considering the fact that they were on a tight budget, but still, I didn't like it all that much.
I am SO getting the DVD (just like eveyone else, I'll bet).
QWith New Moon, I'm sort of anxious to see what'll happen. I mean, first, Catherine isn't the director, then she's replaced by Chris Weitz, Taylor might not be in New Moon, and then the budget for the movie? Not to mention the time squeeze for making the movie. I don't know. Maybe it'll suck, maybe it'll be better. We can only wait (and blame Summit if it all goes downhill).
I agree with all of this. The movie didn't bring out the true characters. Of all of them I think Rosalie's character really came out the best and maybe Charlie. Just because Nikki Reed didn't look like the Rosalie we envision--she did a great job with the character.

Erin said:
I also think that Bella was very different then she was in the book. In the book she was a lot more stubborn and would get angry but in the movie she was more timid. I don't think the movie allowed for Edward to really show enough of this cheery side as opposed to his serious side.
i loved the movie! it was really good, except i wish they had enough time to include all the info, and yet be able to make it interesting and stuff for people who hadn't read twilight before and stuff. i really really really liked the baseball scene too, and the prom scene! they were both really cool.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

Watch us while we sleep...

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...