hi everyone.. i was wondering if anyone has seen true blood? Is it any good? or is it just a take off twilight??  whats the storyline without giving too much away? I kinda try and stay away from what i believe are just take off's of other movies but as we are in drought of twilight for quite some time (a whole year) i thought id try and fill in the time..

Any comments welcome negative or positive about the show!

Thanx

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like to watch true Blood. perhaps the makers thought okay because of Twilight a story with vampires would bring much money but it's nothing like it.
I just started watching True Blood. The basic premise of the show is that a Japanese company invented a drink made of synthetic blood (called "Tru Blood") that vampires can live on in place of human blood. It comes in bottles, like beer. (kind of funny). So the vampires can now become part of society. There's some interesting social commentary stuff, like vampire rights, prejudice among humans against the vampires, etc. That's the basic set up. But the stories are more complex and definitely weird and not for kids. Lots of blood and gore and lots of explicit sex. Although it's very different than Twilight, some stuff reminds me a little of Twilight - i.e. the main plot line is about a human girl who falls in love (and vice versa) with a vampire who is trying to be a good vampire. I'm kind of getting hooked on the show although it can really get nuts at times.
I actually love true blood. It's pretty different from Twilight. The only similarity is that it's somewhat a love story. I would most definately recommend it, but keep in mind that it does show alot of sex scenes, violence, etc.
After the first and maybe the second season, it's completely different from the Twilight Saga -in my opinion.
You should definately watch it :)
True Blood is nothing like Twilight!! It is wonderful, the books are great too. I would read them and watch the show, I love both.
Definately give true blood a try, its definately a different take on vampires than seen in twilight. The show is at bit NC-17 with some of the scenes but overall is an enjoyable show, I really like it.
I am a huge fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books this show is based off of. The show is pretty good too, but I don't have HBO, so I am a season behind.
This book series actually came out before Twilight, so it is not a knock-off, but it is relationship heavy and there are vampires and other supernatural creatures too. Each book has it's own mystery to be solved, and I really like that aspect.
The biggest difference between Twilight and True Blood, is that where Stephenie would end the descriptions of intimate moments before they got too racy, True Blood takes them as far as they can go. The series opener is quite a shocker if you are not aware of this. And it is HBO so they throw in as much swearing as possible too (NOT in the books.)
Give them a shot. Like I said, I LOVE the books (I just finished the 9th one.)
I like True Blood. There are some similarites and also some that are not. I would say True Blood is more simialr to Vampire Diaries with the good vampire vs bad vampire after one girl.
Sookie the main character has some similarities as Bella as they are both innocent and sweet and stubborn and strong willed but also a little shy.
I still think Edward is the best vampire though he is the nicest one out of all the vampires on all the shows.
Twilight has the best vampires I find and to be honest that will always be my most favourite series.
THe tv show is an R18 thats why. But I find if you look past all the gory stuff its actually a good programme and Sookie is the sweetest girl around and I can relate to her as much as I relate to Bella they are both characters that I really love. Also the reason why Stephenie stopped and didnt make it as gruesome because she wanted to aim the series as all age groups, instead of just 18+

Mandala at Twilight said:
I am a huge fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books this show is based off of. The show is pretty good too, but I don't have HBO, so I am a season behind.
This book series actually came out before Twilight, so it is not a knock-off, but it is relationship heavy and there are vampires and other supernatural creatures too. Each book has it's own mystery to be solved, and I really like that aspect.
The biggest difference between Twilight and True Blood, is that where Stephenie would end the descriptions of intimate moments before they got too racy, True Blood takes them as far as they can go. The series opener is quite a shocker if you are not aware of this. And it is HBO so they throw in as much swearing as possible too (NOT in the books.)
True blood is fantastic, but its not really a patch on Twilight. Vampires, wolves, shapeshifters and now Fairies. A bit far fetched and the vampire rules are a bit different.

Im sticking with Twilight !!!!!
Same. I like the sweet and innocentness to twilight and the fact that THe Cullens are really nice vampires.
People can say that Im a soft arrse for liking stuff like that but that is just the way I am.

Petra Fryer said:
True blood is fantastic, but its not really a patch on Twilight. Vampires, wolves, shapeshifters and now Fairies. A bit far fetched and the vampire rules are a bit different.

Im sticking with Twilight !!!!!
I admire the way Stephenie dealt with the adult matters in the books. I know it still made my heart race when, in Eclipse, she described Edward hiking Bella's leg up when they were kissing in bed. I think she got the passion across with out being gratuitous.

VampirePrincess said:
THe tv show is an R18 thats why. But I find if you look past all the gory stuff its actually a good programme and Sookie is the sweetest girl around and I can relate to her as much as I relate to Bella they are both characters that I really love. Also the reason why Stephenie stopped and didnt make it as gruesome because she wanted to aim the series as all age groups, instead of just 18+

Mandala at Twilight said:
I love True Blood, the show and the books. But it's not for the younger crowd. I don't miss an episode even if I don't have HBO, you can what it on tvduck.com.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...