hi everyone.. i was wondering if anyone has seen true blood? Is it any good? or is it just a take off twilight??  whats the storyline without giving too much away? I kinda try and stay away from what i believe are just take off's of other movies but as we are in drought of twilight for quite some time (a whole year) i thought id try and fill in the time..

Any comments welcome negative or positive about the show!

Thanx

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm obsessed with this show, I'm gonna start reading them too. Twilight and True Blood have their similarities but differences too. I feel like True Blood is Twilight all grown up, in the south, and a lot closer to what vampires are really supposed to be. And its suspenseful and after every show you would kill to just see the next one RIGHT NOW. Great. Love it. Oh and hotter guys...just sayin.
Same here. I like it how she did that too. Its like true love but also innocent and sweet.

Mandala at Twilight said:
I admire the way Stephenie dealt with the adult matters in the books. I know it still made my heart race when, in Eclipse, she described Edward hiking Bella's leg up when they were kissing in bed. I think she got the passion across with out being gratuitous.

VampirePrincess said:
THe tv show is an R18 thats why. But I find if you look past all the gory stuff its actually a good programme and Sookie is the sweetest girl around and I can relate to her as much as I relate to Bella they are both characters that I really love. Also the reason why Stephenie stopped and didnt make it as gruesome because she wanted to aim the series as all age groups, instead of just 18+

Mandala at Twilight said:
I am a huge fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books this show is based off of. The show is pretty good too, but I don't have HBO, so I am a season behind.
This book series actually came out before Twilight, so it is not a knock-off, but it is relationship heavy and there are vampires and other supernatural creatures too. Each book has it's own mystery to be solved, and I really like that aspect.
The biggest difference between Twilight and True Blood, is that where Stephenie would end the descriptions of intimate moments before they got too racy, True Blood takes them as far as they can go. The series opener is quite a shocker if you are not aware of this. And it is HBO so they throw in as much swearing as possible too (NOT in the books.)
Give them a shot. Like I said, I LOVE the books (I just finished the 9th one.)
I enjoy the show minus the soft-core element. It's a little too intense. Rumor has it that the books are better in regards to the intimate scenes. The story lines are interesting and mostly well acted. I happen to like Sookie more than I like Bella on screen. I would have to read the books to see how I felt about the characters as written. IMHO, this is definitely a series for mature audiences. There is blood, gore,sex, and violence in almost every episode I've watched. I only watched the first two seasons though. The synthetic blood idea is kind of cool I guess, but there are a lot of "bad" vampires who still like to feed the "normal" way. There are similarities between the two series like; the love story (it's a triangle of sorts too), the werewolves (although in Twilight they are shape shifters), and Sookie has a mind reading power like Edwards that also doesn't work on everyone. I guess you need to watch a couple episodes to decide for yourself. That is if you're old enough to watch it ;)
I love True Blood! it is nothing like twilight, the only similarity is the whole Vampire theme, true blood has more of an adults theme with all the sex , there has pretty much been a sex scene in every episode so far not the child freindly tv/film thing like twilight is : D xx
Yeah I'm team E (edward and eric)

Chelsea said:
I'm obsessed with this show, I'm gonna start reading them too. Twilight and True Blood have their similarities but differences too. I feel like True Blood is Twilight all grown up, in the south, and a lot closer to what vampires are really supposed to be. And its suspenseful and after every show you would kill to just see the next one RIGHT NOW. Great. Love it. Oh and hotter guys...just sayin.
Thankyou everyone for your thoughts.. i watched the 1st season(on DVD) and i did get sucked in.. heheheheh.. i was so shocked with all the 'sex' but you kinda get use to it.. My 1st reaction was omg with the whole mind reading thing and that she couldnt read his thoughts and the love triangle with the shape shifter.. i was thinking "so Twilight" ... but when i got more into the series i realized how it still had its own unique story and in many ways quite different.. I guess we just love vampire movies :-) I personally still prefer edward's love for bella.. i think in true blood their is still the good/ bad boy vampire in him even though without a doubt i know he loves sookie but i must be just a goodie two shoes hahaha well when i met my hubby he was no bad boy side to him, just sweet and adorable :-)
@bambi i can see how you get hooked.. :-) I dont think its like twilight, i did think so a little at first, that was my 1st reaction but then as season one went on i realized it had its own unique story.. @ LIN thankyou for the heads up.. now i gotta find time to watch season 2 as i have to watch it around my kids.. :-)
i love both..here's how i see it..if you're uptight and frigid u wont like true blood..but if you're fun and adventurous you'll see the softer side of twilight and get it but you'll also see the more grown up mature side of true blood and get it...they both appeal to 2 differen sides of me the innocence of first love(twilight) and the grown up who knows what a grown up life is (true blood)
Well said, sheerethia! I totally agree.

sheerethia scott said:
i both..here's how i see it..if you're uptight and frigid u wont like true blood..but if you're fun and adventurous you'll see the softer side of twilight and get it but you'll also see the more grown up mature side of true blood and get it...they both appeal to 2 differen sides of me the innocence of first love(twilight) and the grown up who knows what a grown up life is (true blood)
I really hope I´m not uptight and frigid, but I don´t like tru blood, but I´ve only seen the first part, so I don´t know if I would like it better later, but who knows ^^ People just have different taste that´s all (please see the double-meaning, lol ;D). But you might like it, alot of people do ^^ give it a try ;) Everyone should be able to love what they love!
true blood is great. it has a difficult story line at times, but really goes into detail about every character and every new character. it does have its gorey scenes and quit alot of sex in the first season, but it has the R+18 rating for a reason.
if you enjoy twilight you should enjoy true blood as well.
Well, I watched a few episodes and I really tried to keep an open mind. I just couldn't get into it. It is VERY different from Twilight and maybe that's why I couldn't appreciate it for what it is.
To each their own and maybe someday when I can get Twilight out of my head (like that will ever be possible lol) I will give it another shot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertising

FANGIRL WITH US HERE

© 2014    

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...